MISERY official track OUT NOW!

Aria

Well, I've listened to the song and it made me realize again how little people need to make them happy.

First of all, the verses. I actually like Mark's vocal delivery when he sounds soft and within his range and the melody is ok. But that two-note guitar thing (i can't even call it a riff)? Again boring, again lazy but it's the best part of the song.

Pre-chorus is where things start to get ugly, generic guitar sound, generic crescendo

Chorus. Are you fucking kidding me? They're copy-pasting Bored To death chorus again. How many times do I need to hear that progression? Matt does nothing for me vocally. This is just bad.

Bridge is the same chorus but without the guitar and drums. What's so fresh about it? 4 poppy chords which are used in half of all the songs on the radio?

Overall this song is completely bland and unnecessary. It is a little less annoying than Parking Lot since it's not a pop-punk cliche song, it's a pop rock cliche song. Awful.

But can be quite successful sales-wise.

P.S. Zane Lowe called California a "triumphant" album.

• Like 1

Didn't love it like everyone on here..probably got too excited by the comments.  I very much liked Mark's verses, didn't like the chorus though, which holds it back. But I don't like Matt much and hate Left Alone so that explains a lot considering it's similarities.  It's a lot like Hey I'm Sorry & San Diego too, which were the better sides of California.  But if this is the peak for current Blink, which I was hoping was more Cynical, I'm slightly discouraged.

Pros: 

Good verses melodies finally

Better instrumentals on the verses

More genuine writing

Hey I'm Sorry vein (good Mark Hoppus and shows potential)

Cons:

Typical poppy chorus lyrics from Matt again, 

Same uninspiring guitar track

Feels like another pumped out generic song, but a much better one than the Parking Lots or KOTW ones, so in that 'kind of like this one!' for me like San Diego.

• Like 2

Just now, Chrisx37 said:

I haven't dared look at the reception to it yet. Don't want to hate the song before I listen to it haha.

Haha, if anything, it's better than majority of California IMO. Sounds like a California song as expected but in a good way, like San Diego, Bored to Death. Not as good as those two, but still good I think!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

Well, I've listened to the song and it made me realize again how little people need to make them happy.

First of all, the verses. I actually like Mark's vocal delivery when he sounds soft and within his range and the melody is ok. But that two-note guitar thing (i can't even call it a riff)? Again boring, again lazy but it's the best part of the song.

Pre-chorus is where things start to get ugly, generic guitar sound, generic crescendo

Chorus. Are you fucking kidding me? They're copy-pasting Bored To death chorus again. How many times do I need to hear that progression? Matt does nothing for me vocally. This is just bad.

Bridge is the same chorus but without the guitar and drums. What's so fresh about it? 4 poppy chords which are used in half of all the songs on the radio?

Overall this song is completely bland and unnecessary. It is a little less annoying than Parking Lot since it's not a pop-punk cliche song, it's a pop rock cliche song. Awful.

But can be quite successful sales-wise.

P.S. Zane Lowe called California a "triumphant" album.

Wow thanks for that review. This definitely proves Blink is NOT on par with Mozart.

• Like 7