Top 5 TV Recommendations

Kay

Mmk so TV land has gotten awesome, and huge, and multi-apped to the point where keeping up to date with everything is physically impossible. 

So here's my suggestion - 

List 5 shows that you would recommend that are fairly recent (i.e. still going or only ended in the last like, 5 years) and explain why you're recommending them. For example - "The Walking Dead. If you like incredibly slow paced shows of people walking with occasional zombie violence then you're golden".

I'm not saying your favourite shows here, just 5 shows you've recently seen where you think other people should give them a go, and explain why.

I have some in mind for myself but I'll post them later. 

Parks and Rec - its just the happiest show ever. Its really funny and just really great and you will fall in love with the characters by the end of it

Archer - its a really funny animated show but its not like Family Guy and Simpsons and that such. The humour is much more raunchier and more for a young adult audience I think. Just good funny. 

Roadkill - a new discovery for me and Im loving it. This is only for people who like cars.  Its great because the 2 hosts are just so natural on TV, they seem like theyre trying to ham it up but at the same time it feels geniune if that makes any sense. They seem like they just have a fun time and its fun to see their adventures. 

I cant think of two more. I might have missed the point of this thread because I kinda just described the shows and what I like about them but I hope i was somewhat on the right track. 

• Like 2

Black Mirror - it's absolutely amazing. Dark and terrifying and thought provoking. Absolute genius programme. One of my favourite shows ever.

Inisde No 9 - a bit similar to black mirror, full of twists and turns, dark and also funny. I binged 3 series in like 3 days.

This Is Us - ok this is totally different from the first two. It's quite light and soppy but the first episode's twist is fantastic and got me hooked, I genuinely care about all the characters and Mandy Moore is absolutely beautiful. 

+1 to Black Mirror.

I take forever to finish TV shows and most of them are ones that have already finished their run. The only show I'm watching right now that is currently running is Bob's Burgers. Highly recommend. Hence my avatar. :D Unlike other FOX Cartoons like Family Guy its comedy isn't mean-spirited. It's more about the workplace and family relationships. The characters are well developed and entertaining. I love them all. It's a dorky show but I love it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nasa said:

+1 to Black Mirror.

I take forever to finish TV shows and most of them are ones that have already finished their run. The only show I'm watching right now that is currently running is Bob's Burgers. Highly recommend. Hence my avatar. :D Unlike other FOX Cartoons like Family Guy its comedy isn't mean-spirited. It's more about the workplace and family relationships. The characters are well developed and entertaining. I love them all. It's a dorky show but I love it. 

I do like Bob's Burgers, not seen loads but it is quite different. I love the two girls they're hilarious. 

• Like 1

I've started watching family guy well I say watching, it's kinda on in the nights when I'm in bed because I cannot be arsed to change channel on the box as I've lost the remote so I kinda just watch it. It's quite funny actually. I've had some genuine laughs out of it but it's nowhere near as good as people make out. None of those cartoons are. 

I tried that Rick and morty and turned it off after 5 mins. Absolutely dreadful. I struggle to watch cartoons now. 

I cannot watch Rick and Morty. don't understand the love for it, I tried it but its just awkward. I quite like Family Guy, South Park and American Dad but Family Guy is definitely the bottom of those, American Dad is much better. 

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

South Park was always my shit. My dad used to record it for me when I was like 12. I can't even watch that now. The Simpsons have always been awful. Family guy and American dad are bearable that's about it.

I hope your prostate explodes.

• Like 3