Rise Against - The Violence

Broken English

New single, off the album supposedly titled Wolves. 

Ive sort of fallen out of love with this band in recent years, they've gone steadily downhill since Siren Song Of The Counter Culture. Everything has gone in too much of a radio-friendly direction that loses the edge that I love about them. 

Its ts okay I guess, but pretty much what I was expecting. I was kind of hoping Trump would bring back some of that rage and angst seen in the records of the Bush years. Ah well, a boy can dream. 

Their issue is that they became complacent with their sound. They literally maintained the exact same sound since Appeal to Reason. Hard to blame them as that is when they really found consistent mainstream appeal, but it created for some boring and generic albums. 

Kicking Chris out of the band was also really dumb. Zach isn't very unique and is far worse than Chris. 

• Like 2

I used to love Rise Against, Revolutions is still on of my favourite records. Siren Song would probably be up there if it wasn't forthe annoying production. This song was meh, along with everything since Appeal To Reason. The mediocore songs aren't helped by the fact that Tim lost his voice 10 years ago and it hasn't been the same since.

I think Siren Songs will always be my favourite.  Apparently it was recorded here too.  They have so many good songs and they were used in a lot of mountain bike movies when I was growing up which I refer to as the golden era of bike videos.  This segment will always be my favourite and a big part of it is cause of this song

On 4/21/2017 at 8:09 AM, Clarkerpes said:

Their issue is that they became complacent with their sound. They literally maintained the exact same sound since Appeal to Reason. Hard to blame them as that is when they really found consistent mainstream appeal, but it created for some boring and generic albums. 

Kicking Chris out of the band was also really dumb. Zach isn't very unique and is far worse than Chris. 

Yeah, it's the sound that is safe, boring and stale. They've basically made three identical sounding albums.

I remember doing an interview with Brandon years ago for an Aussie website, and he said that Chris left because being on the road was making him miserable. Was he actually kicked out? It's a shame, he's a fucking talented guy.

On April 23, 2017 at 6:33 AM, Broken English said:

Yeah, it's the sound that is safe, boring and stale. They've basically made three identical sounding albums.

I remember doing an interview with Brandon years ago for an Aussie website, and he said that Chris left because being on the road was making him miserable. Was he actually kicked out? It's a shame, he's a fucking talented guy.

Seems like a dumb reason, especially since he kept playing music afterwards. They were just starting to really breakout when he left the band, doesn't seem like it was by choice that he left.

On 26/04/2017 at 4:32 PM, Clarkerpes said:

Seems like a dumb reason, especially since he kept playing music afterwards. They were just starting to really breakout when he left the band, doesn't seem like it was by choice that he left.

I'd have to dig up the original interview if I still have it, but I'm pretty sure he said something along the lines of "touring on the level that we do wasn't good for his psyche, he became a really unhappy person towards the end."

He did keep playing music, but nothing near the popularity/touring schedule of Rise Against at the time. I remember he had the band Last Of The Believers, but that kind of died out after one EP, and I haven't heard anything from him since. 

• 2 months later...