6/8 thread (*now's a good time to check it)

Jan Backing Track

1 hour ago, 2point5 said:

Sure, Parking Lot wasn't the greatest but it was in no way terrible. Plus they said they only recorded it as the album was too dark and they felt they needed a fast happy song.

Which interview did they say that in?

That clip of Good Old Days sounds pretty fast and happy lol

Wow i do not like that song at all.  The whole "heavy" thing theyre going for, i personally hate in all music so im not just hating on this song.  And the chorus just isnt good.  I honestly dont think ill ever listen to this song again, there was nothing I liked about it.  Atleast other bits of california, while i dont like it as a whole, theres still bits and pieces I like,  This one has nothing.  Not good

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, bennett said:

WHAT A SURPRISE. mark just said via twitter 6/8 was one of the original pre feldman songs. oh what could have been

No surprise. When a new blink song isn't 5sos generic trash, there's a good chance it wasn't manufactured by the Feldmann machine.

Coincidentally Hey I'm Sorry & this song are two of the very few songs I can respect. However, I still think they can do better than it. Hey I'm sorry, 6/8 type songs aren't great but they show good potential and wish they would have stuck with that

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, knapton said:

Wow i do not like that song at all.  The whole "heavy" thing theyre going for, i personally hate in all music so im not just hating on this song.  And the chorus just isnt good.  I honestly dont think ill ever listen to this song again, there was nothing I liked about it.  Atleast other bits of california, while i dont like it as a whole, theres still bits and pieces I like,  This one has nothing.  Not good

Exactly how I feel. I didn´t like Cali for numerous reasons but at least it had nice songs and pieces on it. This is just bullshit. Maybe Feldman isn´t the only one to blame for the the downfall of Blink...I miss Tom more and more each day. He is crazy and doesn´t deserve to be in the band but man, he still brought great shit to the table, even in the end.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Exactly how I feel. I didn´t like Cali for numerous reasons but at least it had nice songs and pieces on it. This is just bullshit. Maybe Feldman isn´t the only one to blame for the the downfall of Blink...I miss Tom more and more each day. He is crazy and doesn´t deserve to be in the band but man, he still brought great shit to the table, even in the end.

You're in the very small minority that has that opinion of this song. Most people that don't like California are of the opposite mindset with regard to this song.

26 minutes ago, Xeotastrophe said:

The intro reminds me of A Day To Remember's "A Plot to Bomb the Panhandle". One thing I noticed is that Mark must have an obsession with cars. "Wrapped my car around a tree" from Misery and now "I just wanna find a car to overturn". Just an observation from the lyrics.

That's what she said, but the reality is that he wants one to never come home.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, NotNow said:

You're in the very small minority that has that opinion of this song. Most people that don't like California are of the opposite mindset with regard to this song.

Yeah I notice that. Still doesn't make me like it more. It's not Blink at all for me and I have no desire to ever listen to that song again...

Banged it in my car on my lunch break over and over, my only real complaint is I wish Matt's screaming lines were clearer, I don't know why they have it so muffed that you can't understand what he's saying. I kept wanting to scream those lyrics with him but don't know what the fuck he's saying lol. At the end it sorta sounds like "How I could I be so selfish?? How could I be so goddamn wrong?" but I'm not sure... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

Banged it in my car on my lunch break over and over, my only real complaint is I wish Matt's screaming lines were clearer, I don't know why they have it so muffed that you can't understand what he's saying. I kept wanting to scream those lyrics with him but don't know what the fuck he's saying lol. At the end it sorta sounds like "How I could I be so selfish?? How could I be so goddamn wrong?" but I'm not sure... 

SOMETHING SOMETHING PERSONALITY

Modern pop punk is different than early-blink-era pop punk. My taste in pop punk and music in general has evolved, with the classics still great to me, and blink has evolved as well. To some degrees, anyway...

Also, it's like we're getting a whole new album with the unreleased tracks, I'm so glad they decided to record some of all that extra work they talked about doing.