6/8 thread (*now's a good time to check it)

Jan Backing Track

2 hours ago, Olidamus said:

I actually am glad Matt's vocals are muffled because his lines are stupid as hell......better to just pretend he is saying something else.

Haha, I love his parts with them but I gotta agree that the lines are stupid. Least it doesn't take away from the song.

• Like 1

Not as dark or as heavy as anything +44 released, showing me that its obvious the pop-punk route is what Mark wanted to stay true to with blink (which is fine - mind you, but gives more justification towards the whole reason Tom left)

Much better than the majority of California, but still obviously has heavy pop-punk undertones. With that being said - wish we had more of this as the Skiba influence is extremely apparent. This was the direction I was hoping new blink would go in - well, as far as "new-blink from Mark's perspective" goes. Still really nothing compared to how Self/Untitled push the barriers, but I like where this goes. Hope the trend continues onwards onto the next album now that Mark and Matt are finding success in their chemistry. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I think the thing I like most about 6/8 is the fact that blink were so impressed with themselves that they wrote a song that isn't 4/4 that they actually had to go and call the song by it's time signature.

26 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

It's pretty adorable.

I've shown the song to several people who are on the fence about new blink, and they all noted the description and commented "That's... not that weird, Mark"

Seriously, when you release a song by saying "This is the strangest song blink have ever recorded. It's in 6/8 time" with no hint of irony it is kind of embarrassing haha.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, amaaze said:

someone on reddit figured out the lyrics for the screaming parts

main theory seems to be people think matt's referring to the criticisms about him replacing tom in the band?

IMG_4903.PNG

Hmmmm I'm not totally convinced, I just listened along and it seems CLOSE but not quite. I'd be really curious to get the official word though.

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I think the thing I like most about 6/8 is the fact that blink were so impressed with themselves that they wrote a song that isn't 4/4 that they actually had to go and call the song by it's time signature.

lol yes, and on top of that they managed to make 6/8 basically sound like 4/4 anyway, making it somewhat redundant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

It's even funnier because they've written a song in 6/8 before on the +44 record.

• Like 2

If it wasnt titled 6/8 no one would have ever noticed because it sounds like a normal song. Other bands have done the same thing and my reactions the same. Oh its in 11/5? I never would have noticed or cared! 

Song structure is way more noticable than a time signature. Like Stockholm Syndrome or Dammit