WILDFIRE - new song thread

Helen Hoppus

This sucks. I liked 6/8 enough to actually have a bit of hope for the other songs, This one has dashed those to the ground. I'll still listen to the deluxe when it's out but any enthusiasm I had has been swiftly kicked in the nads. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

WTF. I can't believe it, it's terrible. Waaay worse than Rabbit Hole and Parking Lot. I won't ever listen to this song again. 

California Deluxe is super watered down to me, the actual album feels more "finished" and consistent compared to these crappy songs.. 

Feldman is , eating donuts, and coffee, and is force rushing out this generic shit to try and $$$capitalize$$$$. Not to keep repeating that, but I mean, its pretty obvious.

California kind of worked because it was fresh and Blink was back, but when the same formula is used over and over, it doesn't work.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Kay said:

This sucks. I liked 6/8 enough to actually have a bit of hope for the other songs, This one has dashed those to the ground. I'll still listen to the deluxe when it's out but any enthusiasm I had has been swiftly kicked in the nads. 

I don't actually hate it as much as some people seem too, I suppose my pretty low expectations for anything they release is now starting to kick.

I quite like the intro and even the verses are good in a generic modern pop punk way (musically at least) - song falls apart after about a 1.45 though. 

• Like 2

It's a bit better than "Parking Lot", but that might be blink's all-time worst song, so that doesn't mean much.

Lyrics are horrendous, feel insincere and forced... Also, the melody does sounds like it has taken from some generic and shitty pop punk band.

I love "Misery" and "6/8", the other three make me really sad. It's weird for me to feel so bored after new music from my favorite band...

The part that depresses me the most, is this is the song Mark/Matt wrote together...I've listened to a ton of Matt's demos lately and he can do so much better (even with the guitar work).

Misery (which I love) was actually Feldmann's idea. All hail Feldmann!