WILDFIRE - new song thread

Helen Hoppus

After additional listens..Matt single handedly ruins this fucking song.  What a fucking joke of an artist he is now.  He's completely canning it in since day 1 of joining, not even trying a little. Guitar and vocals make me vomit how can they be so bad.

I actually see potential in this song believe it or not. Better than Parking Lot, Misery, bunch of Cali.

Trying to be open minded, I actually really felt some quality Mark in here. Lyrics were terrible but parts like "don't tell me it's too late" sounded really good, his bass as well. His verses weren't bad besides the darn lyrics.  It felt like a Toypaj progression from him, which I don't mind, it ain't +44, but it ain't bad.  Fucking wasted moments with this current format and process.

I am surprised ppl hate this more than me though. This isn't parking lot level bad.

The biggest problem for me with the California age is that because they're all the same guitar parts, structures, style, choices like whoas and na's and all that, they're all essentially just the same song. You know how they're going to go the first time you hear them because you've heard them already, and as a result theres no reason to listen again - you know the moves, so there's nothing left to interest you to listen to it again. I listened to Misery once, and thought it was incredibly dull and had no urge to relisten. After everyone enjoyed it for a while I tried again and turned it off half way through, because I was frankly bored. I've listened to this once and feel exactly the same (however this one has managed to annoy me more than Misery did, so I suppose Misery is better by default?) it's how I felt with half of California when it first came out. I forced myself to listen to it quite a few times to find redeeming qualities and struggled to. the vast majority of Non-Tom blink for me has been "is it boring, or is it annoying?" and there's only a couple that don't fit into one of those categories for me.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, uuhhmmaazziinngg said:

I hope the next album isn't just one producer. Please get Tom lord alge on the line or somebody. Maybe Feldman should watch the MTV album launch of blink-182 and take some serious notes

Even though I have no real problem with Feldmann's production on California, I do genuinely wonder why they didn't go to Tom Lord-Alge considering their history with the guy, though it does seem that mixing is more his forte than producing when you consider how much more he's done in mixing compared to producing.

• Like 1

ahh, good old excuses for blink: 

they need time to found their sound, time to mix their styles, time to figure out the setlists, suuuuuure the second, third and fourth fifth album would sound close to each other cause they didn't have enough time to figure it out. fuck this.

they have time, plenty of it. their choose to write these cheesy, generic, using the same formula piece of shit songs and they are happy with it, even though they know it's shit. they don't give a fuck. the final product doesn't sound remotely good because they choose to work with feldmann and his formula. feldmann doesn't know how to blend them well so he just record these cheap parody pop-punk songs. no way in hell the next record is gonna sound differently. i bet my balls the next album will have all kinds of nana, ohohoh, woaahh, bland & generic sound action, full of cringe lyrics, the same stupid guitar sound all processed and shit, the same annoying bullshit. it's stupid to cover up their bullshit with nonsense like "next record are going to be different". it wont. 

• Like 3

It's a decent song, not as bad as Parking Lot or 6/8. But yeah just the same plasticky soulless feeling, bad lyrics, and just generally chaotic and overstuffed. 

Parts seem to fly in and out of the song without purpose, if that makes sense, and that seems to be a common theme, especially with the Deluxe songs. I listened like 4 times in a row and I still can't even think of how the verses or guitar riff went haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

If course your eyes... This is the best Mark has sounded on vocals since Cynical  

Song still sucks, and I hope Matt trips into a wildfire next time before ever singing that shitty chorus again

Oh, do you not like Matt Skiba? you haven't yet made that clear

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

After additional listens..Matt single handedly ruins this fucking song.  What a fucking joke of an artist he is now.  He's completely canning it in since day 1 of joining, not even trying a little. Guitar and vocals make me vomit how can they be so bad.

Did Matt poison your childhood pet or something? 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Xeotastrophe said:

I don't have a problem with the song. It's a decent song. Not the best of the California songs, but not the worst. Still loving Mark's bass work on all of the deluxe tracks so far!

Seriously @Ghent does the entire population of Kansas like blink-182? or is this another relative?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capsov said:

The hate for this song seems weirdly disproportionate to the postive reaction from every other place on the internet.  

Reddit seems to be enjoying the song a lot. This is the only place I have seen a lot of hate for the song.

• Like 3