WILDFIRE - new song thread

Helen Hoppus

Just now, Ghent said:

Neither do I, but I do know that they will be here ready to complain at moments notice! It's like a counter-fanhood at this point.

It seems like normal average fans like the song quite a bit

I don´t like california as a whole but I loved 6/8 song, this is pure shit. Nothing stands out,..

1 minute ago, M!ke said:

Of course he's going to say stuff like that, I mean do you really expect him to come out and say, "This is nothing new, don't get too excited."  If you recall Travis said that Neighborhoods could totally be the second disc to their Untitled album, as it was just as good and in the same vein as that album.  Except we quickly learned that wasn't the case at all.  

I prefer neighborhoods it wasn´t as good as the other releases but it has that blink magic on a lot of songs...

• Like 1

how many times can matt/feldmann mine the same guitar thing? (sorry, i’m not musical — it’s the dun-nuh-nuh, dun-nuh-nuh thing… it appears all over california too).

yeah this is really, really bad. not only is forgettable and boring, but these might be the most soulless/insincere lyrics mark’s ever written. it sounds like he’s a zombie. i agree with everyone else... i wish they'd breakup. i don't want anything else like this. i said last summer that they shouldn't have moved on without tom, which is a shame, but this song is a travesty. it's really bad. it might take the cake for worst blnik song ever released lol

• Like 5

Just now, plusavablinker said:

I prefer neighborhoods it wasn´t as good as the other releases but it has that blink magic on a lot of songs...

You prefer Neighborhoods to Untitled?  I don't even know what to say to that, but I can see why we view blink music very differently haha

Welp. I guess Tom foresaw this direction and noped the fuck outta there. 

With every new blink release, I understand Tom's side a little bit more. He's still a shitdick though. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, OliverTrump said:

Couldn't listen until now. Comments scared me but it wasn't so bad, better than Parking Lot. "cursed and swore" is the worst lyric Mark has ever sang.

I'd say, "Strings, strings, strings, strings"  takes that honor for me

I don't hate it... I like how it starts. But. Feels like they forced the "wildfire" lyric into the chorus just so we know which song it is. I think the problem with Feldman seems to be too much "write a song while I go make a cup of coffee" and not enough "let's take our time with this until it sounds full & complete & cohesive" 

I hope the best is yet to come. I have a good feeling about Good Old Days... I heard that snippet & its shitty quality but I liked what I could hear out of it, and I know Travis was passionate about writing that track. Fingers crossed but I'm not holding my breath ??

Minus the joke songs, "Parking Lot" would be by far the worst song on California and "Wildfire" would probably come right after.

I loved most of the original album and both "Misery" and "6/8", but this era is starting to remind me of Green Day's trilogy... It's like they have no quality filter and many songs aren't fleshed out. Plus, Green Day had Rob Cavallo at least, who has produced plently of good records.

Feldmann's factory-like approach is a disaster and makes me bummed about blink's future. Just drop him for god's sake.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Neither do I, but I do know that they will be here ready to complain at moments notice! It's like a counter-fanhood at this point.

It seems like normal average fans like the song quite a bit

Honestly I don't hate the song, it has moments, but I haven't seen anyone but 3 ppl say they like it, and two of them like everything they shit out, so not sure how you came to that. This is getting as bad a reception at cgymp

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

Worst song I've heard this decade. Fuck, what a shame what has happened to this band.

You must have managed to avoid a lot of the shitty songs that have come out in recent years if thats the case.  Cuz while this isn't anything special, this is incredibly far from the worst song that I've heard, even in this year.

• Like 1

Just now, M!ke said:

You must have managed to avoid a lot of the shitty songs that have come out in recent years if thats the case.  Cuz while this isn't anything special, this is incredibly far from the worst song that I've heard, even in this year.

Well, it's the worst song that I've decided to press play on. Yes, I've heard worse shit on the radio, but I didn't actively seeking out this songs, like I did with this 

1 minute ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

Honestly I don't hate the song, it has moments, but I haven't seen anyone but 3 ppl say they like it, and two of them like everything they shit out, so not sure how you came to that. This is getting as bad a reception at cgymp

Majority is positive about the song at other places.

Blink could release a total masterpiece and the same chumps on this message board would hate it. It's a throw away opinion at this point here.

• Like 3

idk guys. it doesn't have to be dissected like its the cure for cancer. it's a kind of forgettable song on an album. its alright. i really love the others so far. it wouldnt be so spotlighted if they just released the damn thing all together. im all for releasing one or two before an album comes out but they need to stop releasing the whole thing 1 by 1. its not good for the album.

6/8 is one of my favorite blink songs since 09 so i'm cool with having a kind of forgettable song on the album, which pretty much every album from every band has