Feldybot VS Tombot ... Fight!

Kay

The ultimate battle - Tom Bots vs Feldy Bots  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which describes you the most?

• I'm a donut lovin' Feldmann Factory Fan Boy
    • I will announce the big news to you in an announcement coming soon that I'm a full on TOMBOT! #TheTruthIsOutThere
    • FELDMANN AND DELONGE ARE THE BEST I LIKE LITERALLY EVERYTHING WHY CANT WE ALL GET ALONG
    • They both suck, and you know what? So does Mark, Travis and that other bloke. all facets of blink-182 in 2017 are broken!
    • I don't know how, but anything I dislike about current blink-182 is all Skiba's fault.
    • Dude, I don't care at all, STFU already!

I'm not entirely sure I guess I'm more of a Tombot I mean I have a TTS shirt and all AVA releases and will without a doubt purchase all future music release from him but have never and will not defend his general dickish behavior.

On the other hand I like California too as long as it's an isolated sound and they change it up for the next album cycle. I will be pissed if there is a California 2 but it's fine for an album

I feel no choice applies to my thinking. Don't like Tom, don't like Feldman, feel the process is broken.

But there are moments where I think maybe the band was dealt a shit hand (and they were) and that they are doing pretty good with a shitty hand. I think a lot of bands would have just broke up at this point. I have to give them credit for trying.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

I feel no choice applies to my thinking. Don't like Tom, don't like Feldman, feel the process is broken.

But there are moments where I think maybe the band was dealt a shit hand (and they were) and that they are doing pretty good with a shitty hand. I think a lot of bands would have just broke up at this point. I have to give them credit for trying.

well the closest for that is the 'they all suck' option, which is what I voted for. I agree with you but my current feelings about the blink-182 saga is "everyones awful, I'm going to bed"

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

How were they dealt a shitty hand?

Tom sort of annoys me. And I don't care much for the TTS stuff, but if he enjoys it I don't care. His songs on Neighborhoods and Dog Eating Dogs were great except for some of the cringe-y lyrics. I thought Mark's work on those albums was disappointing, both when it came to quality and quantity. There was very few Mark songs on those releases. The idea of continuing the band without the member who wrote all the material is ridiculous. Hiring professional songwriters is even more ridiculous. It makes me feel extremely sad. Especially when they already have Skiba, who at least at some point used to write great tunes. Travis's drumming has been annoying since Neighborhoods. I'd like to say they all "suck", but that would be unfair to Tom, who in spite of being super douchy actually contributes something good to the band. 

• Like 1

On Neighborhoods it's dominating the music way too much and it might be production that is annoying more than the actual playing, but I think the drums are way too loud. On California he really tries to sound like a mix between the Fat Wreck band and newer pop punk bands, it's terrible. 

5 minutes ago, thongrider said:

On Neighborhoods it's dominating the music way too much and it might be production that is annoying more than the actual playing, but I think the drums are way too loud. On California he really tries to sound like a mix between the Fat Wreck band and newer pop punk bands, it's terrible. 

I don't think Neighborhoods was as good as Enema - Self Title for Travis, still very good, but he totally redeemed it in DED.

Unfortunately, I totally agree with California/Deluxe being the first time I don't love Travis' drumming.  Really distracting in some songs tbh.

2 minutes ago, MattSkibbasuxatguitar said:

I don't think Neighborhoods was as good as Enema - Self Title for Travis, still very good, but he totally redeemed it in DED.

Unfortunately, I totally agree with California/Deluxe being the first time I don't love Travis' drumming.  Really distracting in some songs tbh.

Listening to +44 I noticed how great the drums were and how they often made the songs better, on anything after that I think the drums have no done that or if anything made them worse. The only songs were I really think the drums worked are This Is Home, Even If She Falls and Teenage Satellites.