OFFICIAL home is such a lonely place music video

bennett

Its a good video, but I was never really a fan of the song. So if anything the only detraction is the song, which is kind of a big part of it.

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

single best video of the travis era, imo. it makes adam's song look like a sitcom.

Too far, Adam's song was ground breaking in the sense that it showcased Travis Barker's drumming in a very meaningful way for the first time.You will disagree but Travis is one of the better drummers out there, and his drumming on that song is pretty amazing. For me watching the video as a drummer was like one of my top inspirations, it was like "I want to do that" and it inspired so many others in that same way for sure. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Its a good video, but I was never really a fan of the song. So if anything the only detraction is the song, which is kind of a big part of it.

Too far, Adam's song was ground breaking in the sense that it showcased Travis Barker's drumming in a very meaningful way for the first time.You will disagree but Travis is one of the better drummers out there, and his drumming on that song is pretty amazing. For me watching the video as a drummer was like one of my top inspirations, it was like "I want to do that" and it inspired so many others in that same way for sure. 

yea i'm referring to the way it was shot, the "faux candid" stuff of them at pipe's in encinitas, at the cardiff 7-11, etc. it felt too fake, too forced.

no comment on the performance sections (other than i loved all the old ephemera on the wall behind them—a lot of it was pre-182 with "182" handwritten added on).

I love the whole "Mark and his family, aww! Travis and his family, aww! Matt and his awesome bike and his awesome dogs and his gothy hang outs with wine and friends... damn Matts life seems so much cooler" lol

jokes aside, it was a lovely video. Definitely destroys every post first hiatus video they've done. I think it's better than some pre hiatus vids too (Down and I Miss You, specifically). I still think Adams Song is great though. 

plus yeah, my heart pulled a little bit seeing Mark showing his kid stuff on guitar, not gonna lie. 

• Like 1

to be perfectly honest, it won't be a video I watch again. Not that its bad at all, I find it to be quite genuine which is great, but, the family stuff; I want kids and a family, and I don't see it happening, and its kind of a failure of mine perhaps. Its not terribly painful to watch, but I can't get sentimental about other people's families/kids. I can't relate and don't really care to try.

13 hours ago, Chase said:

Awesome, awesome video.

Side note: it's such a damn great feeling to see 3 guys who actually want to be there and genuinely enjoy each other's company. To me, that's always what Blink has been about.

True, when was the last video by the Mark, Tom, and Travis where you really felt that the 3 genuinely enjoyed each other's company?  Not even the Untitled videos did a good job of that, Down kind of did, but even that didn't feel very genuine in retrospect.

10 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I dunno, mark and tom making out in the I miss you video was pretty hot, I mean, genuine.

Haha I always loved this conspiracy.  I remember seeing someone go into detail (I don't believe it was here though) break it down how that was genuinely Mark and Tom, like they had moles that matched up and insane stuff like that.

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

True, when was the last video by the Mark, Tom, and Travis where you really felt that the 3 genuinely enjoyed each other's company?  Not even the Untitled videos did a good job of that, Down kind of did, but even that didn't feel very genuine in retrospect.

Probably first date haha

2 hours ago, M!ke said:

Haha I always loved this conspiracy.  I remember seeing someone go into detail (I don't believe it was here though) break it down how that was genuinely Mark and Tom, like they had moles that matched up and insane stuff like that.

I remember that, its not them. ***But it is the only song Travis does vocals on and we didn't know that for how many years?***

I wish Blink did more of this where they left stuff a mystery. It was my hope that Matt would keep secret what he is saying in 6/8 and maybe he has (I am not sure I buy the lyrics because they are really bad and almost seem to be mocking the people who are trashing him in Blink)

***Its Down that Travis is on not Miss you.

I always hated the I miss you video. random girls in a creepy setting. the only good thing about the video is how dope Mark looks in his suit and double bass, tbh.