The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Four, TOYPAJ)

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Four, TOYPAJ)  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Worst song from TOYPAJ?

• Anthem Pt II
    • Online Songs
    • First Date
    • Story Of A Lonely Guy
    • Rock Show
    • Stay Together For The Kids
    • Roller Coaster
    • Reckless Abandon
    • Every Time I Look For You
    • Give Me One Good Reason
    • Shut Up
    • Please Take Me Home
    • Time To Break Up
    • Don't Tell Me That It's Over
    • What Went Wrong

6 hours ago, Kay said:

A very good point. 

it totally is but it's still one of my favourites, I don't know why. I loved it as a kid and I guess thats hard wired to a certain level. 

Give Me One Good Reason is catchy as hell!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thongrider said:

Reckless Abandon. Always was a filler track.

Bloody hell! Smack you on the face for that one. I love that song haha. Same reason I love Dysentery Gary. Stupid lyrics but still funny, catchy riffs and just a catchy song in general.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

three-way tie for worst song: rock show / stay together for the kids / first date.

but stay together for the kids probably takes it. one of the most terrible blink songs ever.

Great guitar riff though, the lyrics are shit but the music on that song is pretty alright.

8 hours ago, daveyjones said:

three-way tie for worst song: rock show / stay together for the kids / first date.

but stay together for the kids probably takes it. one of the most terrible blink songs ever.

Zzzzzzz zzzzzzz zzzzzzz eye roll eye roll 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, daveyjones said:

if you're referring to the lead part, before the verses, they did it better on ben wah balls.

I'm the first person to give Tom crap for recycling riffs but that is a bit of a stretch. it's very similar I'll grant you but considering the songs themselves it's almost incomparable. 

5 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm the first person to give Tom crap for recycling riffs but that is a bit of a stretch. it's very similar I'll grant you but considering the songs themselves it's almost incomparable. 

Yeah definitely. Not as bad as Natives/Young London or Anthem Part Two/Everything's Magic or Snake Charmer/The Machine/Secret Crowds. I had to relisten to Ben Wah Balls as I've never noticed that part sounding like STFTK before.

Hell, even Dogs Eating Dogs/Stockholm Syndrome have more similar parts IMO.

14 hours ago, Kay said:

but considering the songs themselves it's almost incomparable. 

they are comparable; i'm making the comparison and claiming that ben wah balls is the better riff, and the better song.
[edit]: and i should clarify why. we get the riff as distorted, fast and arpeggio'd. we also then, in the bridge, get it slow, picked, and clean. in stay together for the kids, we only get the latter. i prefer my tom rifs as the former. also, the chorus is only two positions; a barre to an ad half-step down and back. never mind that they are stealing this trick from jimmy eat world—it makes for a crazy boring chorus imo.