The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round Eight California [Deluxe])

Kay

The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round 8, California [Deluxe] )  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Song From California (Deluxe)

• Parking Lot
    • Misery
    • Good Old Days
    • Don't Mean Anything
    • Hey Im Sorry
    • Last Train Home
    • Wildfire
    • 6/8
    • Long Lost Feeling
    • Bottom Of The Ocean

Mmk

Removed bored to death acoustic and the joke track, so just 10 tracks. personally I dislike most of these equally so I'm not sure what I'm voting for yet. 

This may be one of the harder life decisions...

Parking Lot is the most embarrassing Blink song ever. So bad on every level, so cringe..by the whole team.  But Misery is just as bad. Matt has never been worse, misery loves company REALLY? REALLY BLINK?  How far have they fallen is all I could think.  Such a tough decision between the two.  One is indeed a douche and one a turd sandwich.

Misery has a decent opening and bridge though, so Parking Lot takes the cake and will be my vote for worst all time.

Ugh this is hard for me, it comes down to "Don't Mean Anything" and "Wildfire". I really enjoy the bridge on DMA and Mark's "and it's a long way back to the middle of the road" part... and after re listening to "Wildfire" the instrumentals pack quite a punch...

I think I gotta go with DMA, chorus is just too damn corny to give a pass.

i really really did not understand the hate for parking lot. and i'm super critical of where the band is now. i guess if you were expecting some cool, untitled-era track for the follow-up to cali, but considering it's an extension of the same album i expected parking lot and nothing more. it never bothered me, and i didn't find it to be THAT bad of a song. just bland, boring memories with fake-ass "we're suburbia" shit

certainly not as bad as something like WILDFIRE. wildfire is probably my overall worst blink song. it has vacant, meaningless lyrics (they basically confirmed it as such -- "it's just about a wildfire, dude") that feel out-of-place for their place: "Living for the paycheck / Dying for the weekend / Take another Xanax / Cheating on your girlfriend." just disgusting. lyrically, it also continues to mine the suburbia bullshit that's present all over cali and is forced as hell: "We won this war / The underdogs came home". mark doesn't even sound like he cares. oh and "i'll never heed the king of fools" is laughable. not to mention every other aspect that makes the cali songs grating, but it's worth noting for the 100th time that matt/feldmann re-uses that same guitar riff to open this song he does 10 more on these albums.

if someone said "oh you like blink-182? i heard that new song wildfire!" i'd say i've never heard of them. it makes me embarrassed to be a fan. but that goes for much of cali and cali deluxe, but wildfire takes the cake.

• Like 5

Funny how I... kinda... came to terms with Parking Lot, so to say. I voted Wildfire. But was a hard choice. Also, curious how I like Hey, I'm Sorry now. It was, by far, me less favourite when it came out in the japanese edition.

Wow parking lot is taking a pounding!

3 hours ago, boxelder said:

i really really did not understand the hate for parking lot. and i'm super critical of where the band is now. i guess if you were expecting some cool, untitled-era track for the follow-up to cali, but considering it's an extension of the same album i expected parking lot and nothing more. it never bothered me, and i didn't find it to be THAT bad of a song. just bland, boring memories with fake-ass "we're suburbia" shit

certainly not as bad as something like WILDFIRE. wildfire is probably my overall worst blink song. it has vacant, meaningless lyrics (they basically confirmed it as such -- "it's just about a wildfire, dude") that feel out-of-place for their place: "Living for the paycheck / Dying for the weekend / Take another Xanax / Cheating on your girlfriend." just disgusting. lyrically, it also continues to mine the suburbia bullshit that's present all over cali and is forced as hell: "We won this war / The underdogs came home". mark doesn't even sound like he cares. oh and "i'll never heed the king of fools" is laughable. not to mention every other aspect that makes the cali songs grating, but it's worth noting for the 100th time that matt/feldmann re-uses that same guitar riff to open this song he does 10 more on these albums.

if someone said "oh you like blink-182? i heard that new song wildfire!" i'd say i've never heard of them. it makes me embarrassed to be a fan. but that goes for much of cali and cali deluxe, but wildfire takes the cake.

I feel quite the same. I don't even mind it musically so much, it just lyrically annoys the shit out of me, especially the underdogs part. 

I'll tell you what, I changed my mind about Parking Lot, even though I never quite hated it. The song I like the least is probably Bottom of the Ocean. Los Angeles is way better than that. 

• Like 1