_Kyle_

On 9/8/2017 at 9:18 AM, _Kyle_ said:

@ungroovy

Just to add what you're saying. Judy is to me the Mother being, I'm assuming. Fun fact even, Judy is actually the name of David Lynch's high school girlfriend and mentioned in FWWM quite heavily if you might recall. Watching the scenes with Agent Jeffries in the film this week, it's clear that Jeffries has been in contact with Dark Cooper as he points to Cooper (who has never met him) and says "Who do you think this is, there?" or something like that. Also, disturbingly we see Cooper looking at himself in the security footage. But his eyes, they are dark like Dark Cooper's. Never put that together before. Jeffries seems to be disturbed or maybe even tortured by Judy, who I think I remember reading was supposed to be Josie's sister. I think that may of been scrapped, but she, Josie, and Agent Jeffries were all supposed to be in Buenos Aires, which may act like a conduit to other dimensions. Also Jeffries doesn't know the year (or is confused by it being 1989) and says "We live inside a dream" before disappearing. My best guess is that Judy is one step ahead of Cooper and has put the missing page (Carrie Page) in another timeline where Laura doesn't die. She may or may not be inhabiting Sarah Palmer. Whether that has anything to do with the creature that got inside the little girl seems unlikely to me, but maybe it is. Clearly there are connections in Odessa (the white horses we see, Judy's diner, CP's seemingly clairvoyance for the name "Sarah") and Cooper is there for a reason...if he is even Cooper anymore. It's a puzzle that doesn't fit it seems.  

Right, I agree with the concept that Judy knew this timeline and set it up already (I mean, bad Coop already showed how you can manipulate reality using the Black Lodge), and that Judy possibly resides in Sarah Palmer (perhaps sporadically like Bob with Leland, given how Sarah seems to snap in and out of cripplingly mentally broken and stone cold and collected).

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 4:24 PM, Kevin. said:

even if he wanted to, which i dont think he does, it might be legitimately too difficult for him to continue the series. its was stupidly obvious that the deaths of actors interfered with the script he and frost had written for the return.

i guarantee they wrote a lot of parts for michael ontkean and had to awkwardly replace his scenes with "harry's sick...i'm his brother frank" after he turned the part down. same thing with david bowie after he died. i bet lynch wanted to use the hell out of him. so many of the earlier episodes this season referenced his character. then it all led up to a flash back scene from FWWM and two "tea kettle" scenes. Albert also played a huge role in this season. now that actor is dead. it would be tough to write around that. i'm sure a few other older actors are at risk of dying within the next few years. 

i think lynch should have revived this like seven years ago. 

Michael Ontkean is interesting because he seemed to be into returning, and didn't. My friend suspects it's health/travel related.

As long as he has Kyle MacLauchlan, Laura Dern, Sheryl Lee, etc. I'm sure he can continue the show's main story. Hell it's not even the same dimension anymore. The question is if wants to do it, and if there's people with money. Right now it seems like the show is still being worked on (season 3 that is, I assume they mean the blu ray will have something) but isn't going to continue any time soon. If he doesn't do anything in 5 years, I feel like the momentum and interest will be gone. Also, maybe Lynch himself. He does smoke like a chimney.

I mean, see Fire Walk With Me's original US reception. Japan doesn't count.

Reddit AMA from the executive producer. Some interesting tidbits. Apparently David Bowie was set to reprise his role, but in the end gave permission for them to use former clips. 

Also thought this was pretty cool:

I recently watched David Lynch: The Art of Life and he's a really good painter (if you ask me). He's got some incredible stories and I kind of wish there would be a sequel for his mid-to-later life, but I doubt he would ever reveal himself or his world in that way. So he has one story he can't finish because it's too much and man, it's so incredibly Lynch. It's a small set up about the day before his family moved to Virginia, everybody is outside and something happens, his neighbor, Mr. Smith comes outside, and then Lynch just can not go on telling the story. I assume something just terrible happened.

Anyway, I guess The Final Dossier will have to suffice for now with the show. Although Lynch doesn't even touch that or even read them. Kind of strange.

i have mark frost's first twin peaks book and pre ordered the second one. i'll probably read both of them in a row. although, their relationship with this show has always been weird. they have two entirely different ideas of what twin peaks is. that's why lynch says he hasn't read the books and doesn't plan to. frost also didn't contribute any writing to FWWM, which the majority of the return was an extension of.

it is pretty clear that people prefer lynch's take on twin peaks. so, it makes the books seem less interesting.

I would say TSHoTP is awfully strange in it's own, out there way (I've only read half of it). In some instances, I understand completely why the show is the way it is, these two guys have their own brand of strange... and wonderful. Now, when writing a dossier about secret societies, FBI documentations, possible forgeries included within, I think Frost is your man. When filming a show or creating atmosphere, philosophy, interesting characters, Lynch is your guy. Two very strange peas in a pod. I too have the new book on pre-order and plan to finish TSHoTP soon.

Also from what I've been reading, I have a few thoughts and theories. I would love to hear you guys expound on any of them with what you got.

• Annie. Why do you think she was omitted from the new season? Is her history erased? Is she a Tulpa? Blackburn?
  • Lynch has claimed he wasn't working very hard on season two after they revealed the killer. But the actress who played Evelyn Marsh (the woman James has an affair with) stated he was super involved and was working on the show during that time. Also, he was an actor on the show and there are pictures of him working on set. So....uh, is he lying? Do you think Lynch just isn't proud of the show at that point and wanted to distance himself?
  • How "real" do you think the Twin Peaks we saw in The Return is ? Are the inaccuracies (like Big Ed's reflection) relevant to the ones in TSHoTP ?

Apparently Annie and Wyndam Earle weren't characters that Lynch/Frost had much of a hand in creating. Bad Coop got the ring from the nurse who stole it from Annie, so it isn't as though anything relevant/bad happened to her. Doesn't seem like they even mentioned the new series to the actress. If you think about it, Coop knew her for a week, and her involvement in his life nearly killed her, or possibly did but probably not judging by the dialogue in the return. She could just be left out.

Also, I don't really care much about what Evelyn Marsh has to say. If others put their two cents in and corroborated that story, I'd care more. In any event, Lynch probably has a different idea of what it looks/feels like when his heart's in it and what it looks like when it isn't.

i rewatched FWWM last night. its even more interesting now after knowing what we do now. notice how the end crawl of the film and the end crawl of the return are very similar. FWWM ending on laura's face with cooper comforting her and the return ending with cooper's face as laura whispers into his ear. the return also made sense of how cooper could possibly be in the lodge while laura was still alive and warning her not to take the ring. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm on episode 3 or 4 of the first season. I'm more interested in the Return but obviously wanted to go back to the original show so I knew what was going on.

I never get the tv in the living room so I can only watch sparsely which is frustrating. I'm not 100% addicted yet like I thought I would after years and years of putting this off, but I do love Lynch enough to stick it out.

Side note, is the movie after the original show ended necessary to watch in order to go ahead with the new season? Just wondering...

2 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

I really enjoy it so far but again, I think the dvds would be better so I can watch them when I get home from work late at night. I hope the movie is on Netflix too. 

It's not. You can rent it on Amazon for $4 though. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071SGZ1DC

• Like 1