Blink 182's Top 20 played songs on Spotify

56 minutes ago, 4.40 said:

Missed Cynical and No Future. Surprised Cynical has a lot of plays but it's good song.

It's a good song and deserves the plays, but I'm sure a lot of them come from it being the opening track to the album and people hear it by default when checking out California.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Yeah since there are so many Neighborhoods songs up there your theory totez checks out 

Spotify wasn't a thing really when it came out in 2011 so his statement makes sense that things would be different if Spotify had been around for every other album launch including neighborhoods. They only had a million users in 2011 when neighborhoods came out. Spotify didn't get big until 2013 and then even more so in 2014 when they started the student discounts. In 2016, when California came out they had well over 75 million active users. Probably over 100 million by that point since my 75 million number is from 2015.

If Spotify had the same user base in 2011, I wouldn't be surprised if up all night was right around top 10 because of the hype around it and wishing well would be on the list too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Spotify wasn't a thing really when it came out in 2011 so his statement makes sense that things would be different if Spotify had been around for every other album launch including neighborhoods. They only had a million users in 2011 when neighborhoods came out. Spotify didn't get big until 2013 and then even more so in 2014 when they started the student discounts. In 2016, when California came out they had well over 75 million active users. Probably over 100 million by that point since my 75 million number is from 2015.

If Spotify had the same user base in 2011, I wouldn't be surprised if up all night was right around top 10 because of the hype around it and wishing well would be on the list too.

Interestingly enough this guy has updated this list for the last few months and uan was on it on march

47 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Neighborhoods was the latest blink album when Spotify got big.

It is barely represented on the top 20 because people don't like it much. 

No Future would be higher on the list because it was released on it's own before the record was, I imagine Rabbit Hole is quite high too for the same reason. 

9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Neighborhoods was the latest blink album when Spotify got big.

It is barely represented on the top 20 because people don't like it much. 

It is barely represented because it had the worst promotion for any album for a big time band I can ever remember

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

It is barely represented because it had the worst promotion for any album for a big time band I can ever remember

It was barely promoted because people didn't like it much. Including the band

But anyway, back on topic. We've been through that a million times. Just saying I'm glad to see California have so many songs getting plays in comparison with the back catalog.

43 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It was barely promoted because people didn't like it much. Including the band

But anyway, back on topic. We've been through that a million times. Just saying I'm glad to see California have so many songs getting plays in comparison with the back catalog.

Tom clearly liked it as he was singing songs from it on instagram or whatever. Mark at the time liked it (he'll probably say the next record they do is the best, etc). Travis said the cliché "it's the best record we've done" as he always does. At the time, the band was into it. The label just didn't utilize what they had.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ghent said:

1 hour ago, _Kyle_ said:

Tom clearly liked it as he was singing songs from it on instagram or whatever. Mark at the time liked it (he'll probably say the next record they do is the best, etc). Travis said the cliché "it's the best record we've done" as he always does. At the time, the band was into it. The label just didn't utilize what they had.

i agree, because it's something they made and finished together despite the challenges and it's a weird portrait of the botched reunion. but i also think that mark's embrace of it at the time may not have been promo talk but rather mark trying to convince himself it really WAS good. he had to convince himself it'd work recording separately too lol