Tom DeLonge Amp History (1992-Present)

Q182

20 hours ago, Depf said:

Ah, my dudes, I'll be happy to! Just humble enough to know that you guys gathered much more info than I ever did. 

I can tell we'll definitely be discussing tones on Saturday. Gonna be a good time!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:20 AM, Q182 said:

I can tell we'll definitely be discussing tones on Saturday. Gonna be a good time!

tomorrow... again i will post the link in #music on the discord but will delete the post after the people i tag hop on. i don't want a big TV audience with nothing to contribute to the call.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

tomorrow... again i will post the link in #music on the discord but will delete the post after the people i tag hop on. i don't want a big TV audience with nothing to contribute to the call.

Absolutely, I don’t want a bunch of random people in the call doing nothing either.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Q182 said:

Absolutely, I don’t want a bunch of random people in the call doing nothing either.

I don't think I'll be missed but just in case you guys are trying to keep to a certain limit, I will be unable to join. 

1 hour ago, Internet Tough Guy said:

I don't think I'll be missed but just in case you guys are trying to keep to a certain limit, I will be unable to join. 

not a limit. but i said on the discord, i don't mean to be rude but only join if you can contribute. this isn't an oprah taping lol.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

not a limit. but i said on the discord, i don't mean to be rude but only join if you can contribute. this isn't an oprah taping lol.

My oldest is turning 5 on the 15th, so we are having her birthday party tomorrow. Fun stuff!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 10:29 AM, Ash-517 said:

Figured I'd leave this video here since Tom specifically mentions using the TriAxis and JMP-1 for "many years" in blink. I was under the impression that when the Mesa and Marshall heads disappeared from the stage (around TOYPAJ tour) Tom had gone fully rack mounted with his amp setup. That was until I was watching a video from early in the untitled tour and spotted what appears to be the iconic tan recto head behind Tom's cabs sitting atop a rack. I'm still inclined to think that he was using mainly the TriAxis for his dirty tones at that time as they really don't sound rectifier-like to me and have that distinctive Mark IV/TriAxis midrange bark to them but who knows at this point. Maybe he switched during the course of the tour, the tones at KROQ are a lot bassier and more scooped than Camden '04 or Pepsi Smash.

What are you talking about? He had the Mesas for the entire TOYPAJ tour as well as every public appearance u til at least 2004.