Live Stream of Lollapalooza show

Boring.........Alright

33 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Everyone agrees that Blink nowadays is boring as shit live. Only Ghent still defends everything they do. Makes me cringe tbh. 

But they played more California! Awesome! 
Ghent loves when things are safe, boring remakes that are a shell of their former past and are generic and overpolished. 

1 hour ago, Osgod said:

You trolling gets boring man. 

So true. Ghent  can pretend like he just love this performance all he wants but I know the truth   When they performed at reading I remember him being 1000 times more excited over it. It was either reading or some other live stream blink performance and he fanboyed out. Now it's hard for him to even fake interest even when he's trolling

i don't mean to be unnecessarily negative or contrarian, but i thought reading 2014 was one of blink's worst-ever shows with tom. there's some glimpses of engagement on tom's part, but they play the same type of set, with a few untitled deep cuts mixed in because they couldn't be bothered to re-learn anything else or god forbid, write something new. and that was a bad idea still... look at how bored the audience is during all of this. tom sounds dreadful the entire way through, his guitar tone is shit, and mark's struggling as always.

i always thought it was a low point because they were still a beloved band, with 100,000 people gathered to watch them play, and they were so poor-sounding and dysfunctional behind the scenes.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, boxelder said:

i don't mean to be unnecessarily negative or contrarian, but i thought reading 2014 was one of blink's worst-ever shows with tom. there's some glimpses of engagement on tom's part, but they play the same type of set, with a few untitled deep cuts mixed in because they couldn't be bothered to re-learn anything else or god forbid, write something new. and that was a bad idea still... look at how bored the audience is during all of this. tom sounds dreadful the entire way through, his guitar tone is shit, and mark's struggling as always.

i always thought it was a low point because they were still a beloved band, with 100,000 people gathered to watch them play, and they were so poor-sounding and dysfunctional behind the scenes.

Seriously! This was a few months after the 2013 Red Bull performance which gave me so much hope for Tom. The first performance of 2014 at Amnesia started lowering expectations as he sounded drunk as usual, then Reading came he sounded like complete shit. Guitar tone was shit and Tom was as sloppy as hell. Tom was all over the place after I thought Tom was slowly getting his shit together but after that Reading performance, he basically just threw it in the trash and burned it. That performance was the worst of Tom since 2010, when he was really fucking bad. The thing I don't get either was that the shows before it were a lot better and smoother than whatever Reading was (I guess he got really intoxicated because of the bigger crowd). Two things I can scavenge from that show was the Down outro (so beautiful but the guitar tone was nails on a chalkboard), All of This (Tom did fine during the first chorus, but sounded like he had a stroke the rest of the song), he was also solid on Violence, although his singing and guitar playing (holding out notes for chorus) just got lazy in the performance. And no, I'm not just bashing on Tom because you could barely hear Mark the whole entire show. 

If you wanna hear how bad Tom's guitar tone has gotten, just listening to the performance of Ghost on the Dancefloor or Wishing Well at Reading.

• Like 1

Reading is one of the worst performances I've ever seen.  I can't believe @NotNow was complaining that they "sound too good" now essentially.  

The spin zone is the size of a galaxy in here.  If you hate Cali I get it, fine, but if you want 2014 Reading fest quality of shows over what they are doing now, then you need to just admit you have daddy issues with Tom being gone. 

I've seen Blink almost 10 times now, and the only performance where Tom even pretended to care that I attended was the Pop Disaster tour; everything else was a mockery of the band.  They finally put on a show that respects their legacy and the fans with Skiba, and fuck yeah, it's nice.  

Do I wish they changed the setlist up and Skiba talked more? Duh.  But at the same time I like a guitar tone that doesn't sound like cardboard and someone who can sing a note without moaning.  

• Like 4

the reunion's all a big blur to me at this point... i don't really remember any points where tom sounded GOOD. though, for that matter, there's not many post-2000 performances of tom that sound passable IMO. he's always been pitchy and sloppy, but it wasn't to a confusing level until around untitled. obviously the weird vocal change somewhere around 2005 altered things a ton, as has growing older. but during the reunion i don't remember anytime he sounded fine. it was always really painful and embarrassing.

i still prefer tom post-reunion over matt now, at least due to the fact that he's the original guitarist and there's SOME banter. but there's no denying this is shit:

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Reading is one of the worst performances I've ever seen.  I can't believe @NotNow was complaining that they "sound too good" now essentially.  

The spin zone is the size of a galaxy in here.  If you hate Cali I get it, fine, but if you want 2014 Reading fest quality of shows over what they are doing now, then you need to just admit you have daddy issues with Tom being gone. 

I've seen Blink almost 10 times now, and the only performance where Tom even pretended to care that I attended was the Pop Disaster tour; everything else was a mockery of the band.  They finally put on a show that respects their legacy and the fans with Skiba, and fuck yeah, it's nice.  

Do I wish they changed the setlist up and Skiba talked more? Duh.  But at the same time I like a guitar tone that doesn't sound like cardboard and someone who can sing a note without moaning.  

skibas guitar tone is complete shit and the lollapalooza stream you basically can't even hear the guitar at all so I don't know what you're talking about when you say great guitar tone, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Olidamus said:

skibas guitar tone is complete shit and the lollapalooza stream you basically can't even hear the guitar at all so I don't know what you're talking about when you say great guitar tone, 

All I watched from Lollapalooza was the video NotNow posted above....guitar sounds pretty damn good to me. 

I forgot you could replace him though. 

The point isn't that Reading 2014 was good, it's that even when Tom is completely sloppy and drunk, the concert is still 100X more entertaining, energetic, and fun than it is now.

Plus they played Easy Target, Man Overboard, & Aesthenia, some funny remixes which is awesome.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FightingTheGravity said:

The point isn't that Reading 2014 was good, it's that even when Tom is completely sloppy and drunk, the concert is still 100X more entertaining, energetic, and fun than it is now.

Plus they played Easy Target, Man Overboard, & Aesthenia, some funny remixes which is awesome.

I heard the guitarist also sang every song like a goat, just for a fun, drunk remix!! Bonus!!

14 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

All I watched from Lollapalooza was the video NotNow posted above....guitar sounds pretty damn good to me. 

I forgot you could replace him though. 

Jesus dude, give it a rest already.  Tom's guitar in that video sounded like muffled shit, everybody said this then, they still say it now.  Skibas guitar sounds like a kid in a guitar store testing out amps for the first time and can't figure out the settings.  They're both annoying, at least Tom makes up for it being entertaining.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

They finally put on a show that respects their legacy and the fans with Skiba, and fuck yeah, it's nice.  

What utter a complete nonsense.  Your spiel is getting as old as Fedlmann's NaNaNas are.  Yes, having a guy come on who didn't write 90% of the songs, cover them, and still mess up half of them, surely is respecting their legacy.  They can ride off into the sunset happily with that.

I don't know who you think these 'fans' are they're respecting.  Anyway, I'm done quoting you.  You are clearly long gone on the Cali can do no wrong train.

I honestly don't understand how anyone can say blink sounded good last night. Even their biggest fans have to admit it was a fucking awful show.

How long has Matt been playing with the band? And he still needs a monitor with lyrics?? He also sounds like he is just shouting on a lot of the songs. Mark is having fun but he just doesn't have it anymore unfortunately.  Matt's guitar also sounds as horrible as Toms when he was playing shows towards the end there. Blink are so damn lucky they have Travis Barker on the drums. He killed it as usual.

And holy shit, I was reading the comments on the Facebook stream and they were not good at all. I couldn't count how many times someone said they sound like a cover band and how much the band has gone downhill. It was sad seeing so many people talk shit on our favorite band but they really did deserve it last night.

• Like 2