• Terminator I, II, & III
    • The Dollars Trilogy/Man w No Name
    • Alien trilogy
    • Mad Max trilogy
    • Evil Dead
    • Other..

As a whole I gotta go..

Best Trilogy:

Lord of the Rings.   The only one that doesn't seem to have a flaw or mishap between start and finish.

Best Standalone Movie:

Good Bad & the Ugly; Matrix; Fellowship; Empire Strikes Back; or Godfather II.   Can't decide...

What about the Star Wars prequels? WHAT ABOUT THE HOBBIT??

(jk)

Star Wars is definitely my favorite, but it's followed very closely by Back to the Future.

I love a lot of these though. Lord of the Rings is great.

A lot of the third films aren't great. I love Alien 1 and 2. I love Terminator 1 and 2 (and I do like 3 honestly, it's just far worse than the previous 2). Back to the Future 3 is weak in comparison to the first two, but still good.

It's surprising how many of these trilogies actually have better second films than first films. In my opinion, Empire Strikes Back is better than Star Wars, Aliens is better than Alien, Terminator 2 is arguably better than the first (I keep going back and forth on this though because I really love the first one. Just depends if I'm more in the mood for a thriller or an action movie), Toy Story 2 is better than Toy Story 1. The Dark Knight is way better than Batman Begins (which was also great).

Then there's Lord of the Rings where I think the third film is easily the best of the trilogy. Return of the King is so damn good, I love it to death.

When I was younger I liked Back to the Future 2 more than the first. I still love the second one. 1980's version of 2015 is amazing. But over the years I've realized that the original is just so perfect. Definitely the better film in almost every way. But I think they are best when watched back-to-back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

What about the Star Wars prequels? WHAT ABOUT THE HOBBIT??

(jk)

Star Wars is definitely my favorite, but it's followed very closely by Back to the Future.

I love a lot of these though. Lord of the Rings is great.

A lot of the third films aren't great. I love Alien 1 and 2. I love Terminator 1 and 2 (and I do like 3 honestly, it's just far worse than the previous 2). Back to the Future 3 is weak in comparison to the first two, but still good.

It's surprising how many of these trilogies actually have better second films than first films. In my opinion, Empire Strikes Back is better than Star Wars, Aliens is better than Alien, Terminator 2 is arguably better than the first (I keep going back and forth on this though because I really love the first one. Just depends if I'm more in the mood for a thriller or an action movie), Toy Story 2 is better than Toy Story 1. The Dark Knight is way better than Batman Begins (which was also great).

Then there's Lord of the Rings where I think the third film is easily the best of the trilogy. Return of the King is so damn good, I love it to death.

When I was younger I liked Back to the Future 2 more than the first. I still love the second one. 1980's version of 2015 is amazing. But over the years I've realized that the original is just so perfect. Definitely the better film in almost every way. But I think they are best when watched back-to-back.

It is quite the shame. Godfather, Terminator had the biggest fall offs imagineable from the second iteration.

I always seem to like the sequels/prequels that everyone hates. I legitimately like the Star Wars prequels. I legitimately like Terminator 3-5, I like all the Alien movies to some extent except #3 (4 is absolute garbage and way dumber than 3, but it's more entertaining than 3), I like Back to the Future 3, I like The Hobbit movies (I have massive problems with them and I wish it was all condensed into a single 2-hour movie, but still). None of these movies are as good as the originals, but I still enjoy watching them. I'm happy that they're still making Star Wars, Alien, Terminator, Rocky, Blade Runner movies, etc... I'll go see them every time.

The Spider-man trilogy was so great at first and ended with the biggest disappointment ever. Spider-man 2 is my favorite superhero movie to this day.

There were going to be at least 6 movies in the series, but 3 was panned so badly that they just decided to reboot instead. I wish we would have got Spider-man 4 instead of Amazing Spider-man. They could have redeemed the series with a better fourth movie.

I don't mind the prequels all that much either...they are what they are and are at least somewhat authentic (compared to Force Awakens).  But I could not enjoy later Terminators, the Hobbit, etc.  I randomly got into Matrix Revolutions a lot, it was weird, but it had the grungy style of the first I enjoyed, definitely not in the same ballpark as the first, but it gets hated on as much as Reloaded does.  Reloaded was trash all plasticky action no good substance.

• Like 1

Sounds like James Cameron is planning a new Terminator trilogy once the franchise rights finally revert back to him in 2019. I trust him with the series more than anybody else, though I still don't expect anything new to come close to the genius of the originals.

My biggest disappointment trilogy was The Hobbit. My dad read The Hobbit to me multiple times when I was little. I loved that book. I still have vivid memories of certain scenes (mainly the trolls, the giant spiders, and the dragon) from when he read them to me. I loved the Lord of the Rings movies but I had never read the books, and I always hoped they would make a Hobbit movie eventually. I was thrilled when it was announced. It had so much potential to be so amazing. It was so "meh" though. I enjoyed it okay, but man, I was so underwhelmed. It could have been so good.

The Hobbit was always the better book.  LOTR significantly better movies though.  Such a fucking adventure! I might try to finish it now...I rewatched Fellowship and love how it aged...it's fun to think back how intense all the visuals were back then, and now it's got a bit of a retro 2000s to it..

Those movies are so great. I always end up watching either Fellowship or Return of the King though, and rarely ever Two Towers. Not that I don't like it, but I either want to start at the beginning or just skip to the end because I love Return of the King so much.

even though that movie has like 500 endings haha.

• Like 1