The Worst Blink Song Ever (Round 10 - THE FINAL!)

Kay

Which is the worst blink-182 song...ever?!  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Worst Blink Song Of All Time

• Strings (Round 1, Cheshire Cat)
    • Sometimes (Round 1, Cheshire Cat)
    • Boring (Round 2, Dude Ranch)
    • Degenerate (Round 2, Dude Ranch)
    • All The Small Things (Round 3, Enema)
    • Anthem (Round 3, Enema)
    • First Date (Round 4, TOYPAJ)
    • Give Me One Good Reason (Round 4, TOYPAJ)
    • All Of This (Round 5, Self Titled)
    • I'm Lost Without You (Round 5, Self Titled)
    • MH.4.18.11 (Round 6, Neighborhoods)
    • Love Is Dangerous (Round 6, Neighborhoods)
    • Sober (Round 7, California)
    • California (Round 7, California)
    • Parking Lot (Round 8, California DLX)
    • Wildfire (Round 8, California DLX)
    • Pretty Little Girl (Round 9)
    • Red Skies (Round 9)

i don't like parking lot, nor do i like any of the deluxe. but i always thought the hate was undue. i can see how some of the lyrics are cringe-inducing, since they're 40 year old men delivering them. but i also can see how it's based on memories of growing up/going to concerts/hanging with friends (i.e... every blink song). my main gripe with it is the whole "we are forgotten young suburbia" shit they throw in the chorus that's present all over california. like "we won this war, we cursed and swore..." in wildfire -- what war? what the hell are you going on about? you're 40 and rich and married and get free nintendo shit. shut the fuck up and make better music

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

my main gripe with it is the whole "we are forgotten young suburbia" shit they throw in the chorus that's present all over california. like "we won this war, we cursed and swore..." in wildfire -- what war? what the hell are you going on about? you're 40 and rich and married and get free nintendo shit. shut the fuck up and make better music

I agree with the repetitive themes being annoying but I try to remind myself that DLX was originally scraps of a massive writing session where they openly said at times they would try to write a song, and then the "sister" version of that song. I forget how they worded it exactly, but there would essentially be 2 songs out of one idea or theme. So they likely weren't intended to ever be released together. The last time I listened to original California I was actually very surprised at how different all the songs were, and how they covered all the bases from OG/experimental/pop-punk/ballad/etc, with little repetition other than stupid NaNaNas and Whoassss. 

I cringed at Parking Lot at first, but I crank it up now and let it bang! It comes in with a punch, Skiba sorta tries to play guitar like old Blink, love Trav's drums, and it is a great bridge transition IMO even though I get what you are saying about the "war" theme.

On 12/4/2017 at 5:15 AM, blink--182 said:

I am not saying that "Parking Lot" is an exceptionally good song but where does the hate come from? Lyrics?

The lyrics. The jarring "na na na na na na nas" that don't fit the song at all. The sound of the song. The lack of anything memorable about it. It's a piece of shit cookie-cutter pop-punk song that is shittier than the bands that copied Blink. 

• Like 1

I actually heard Parking Lot on the radio a few weeks ago.  A "real rock" station as they like to call themselves here in Phoenix, who primarily plays shitty main stream rock acts, has a "punk rock" hour or something like that.  I didn't catch the beginning of the song so it took me a second to realize that it was Parking Lot.  Next song they played was Social Distortion's Ball and Chain ...quite the difference lol.  

Yeah Parking Lot is everything bad about California era wrapped up into one extremely shitty song and the timing couldn't be worse being the first release since the original Cali.

Looking back, how lame is the name California anyways? Fucking wraps it up as generic trash that it was. Who even listens to it anymore? I almost forgot it existed.

Parking Lot in a nutshell:

-Horrible Title

-First drop from Deluxe

-Horrible Lyrics, arguably the worst

-Guitar slides (seriously?)

-Plastic overproduced guitars & vocals

-Cheesy drums that sound computerized.

-Nanana/whoas to a comical level

-Trying to be teenage edgy

-The usage of the name drop 'Target'

-Actual usage of the lyrics 'Matt just broke his wrist ooo of ooo'

-Straight Goldfinger bridge

-Young suburbia garbage AGAIN

It really goes on with this one...can't find one redeeming factor other than it's fast and over with quick.

• Like 3

I don't listen enough to DLX enough to truly loathe Parking Lot. I barely remember it outside of the Big Yellow Taxi lyrics and Matt shouting, "Chicago!" This, in my opinion, is worse than me listening to Neighborhoods and sitting through Love is Dangerous, which I also dislike. But at least LiD failed on its own terms. Parking Lot tries sooo hard to be classic blink but fails miserably, becoming a cookie cutter song with terrible recording and mixing.  Combine this with the lazy ass lyrics, well, it defiles blink's legacy to a greater extent than any song that has ever come before.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 10/5/2017 at 3:16 AM, Kay said:

It was close for me personally, but I've voted Sober. I actually don't hate Parking Lot as much as others. it's legit terrible but not as bad as Sober.

I Love the song 'Sober.' From what I gather the California album didn't do well with fans. I like most of the songs on the album. 

On 10/5/2017 at 3:16 AM, Kay said:

It was close for me personally, but I've voted Sober. I actually don't hate Parking Lot as much as others. it's legit terrible but not as bad as Sober.

I Love Sober. Seems like California was not well received with blink fans. I love it!!!

1 minute ago, Iblinkfor182Always said:

I'm confused about your comment Speedo. Lol. 

Jan thinks Fighting the Gravity is not only a good song but also one of the top Blink songs. That notion is certifiable and 100 years ago she'd have been lobotomized for such hysterics.

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

Jan thinks Fighting the Gravity is not only a good song but also one of the top Blink songs. That notion is certifiable and 100 years ago she'd have been lobotomized for such hysterics.

Omg I just found that comment. I'm still learning how to use this website. Lol Thanks 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Fighting The Gravity was one of the few times blink went out of their comfort zone, it's catchy, it's cool.

Top 50