The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

This is beyond insane.  I am now officially concerned for Tom's mental health, and the dudes that agreed to join him on this venture ... I can't even begin to understand how they thought this was a good idea.  I'm just at a loss for words here.  WOW.  HOW IS THIS REAL LIFE!? 

There are people on the blink subreddit asking how to invest and how cool this is... truly stunning levels of idiocy in this fanbase.

I feel like I'm dreaming this right now because its so ludicrous it can't possibly be real.

14 minutes ago, CC182 said:

Nope. This is closer to truth we've ever been, but it is for wrong reasons. We are not alone, and they have the technology.

Oh shut up pizza boy, stay in your own creepy conspiracy thread. 

• Like 1

Honestly though, Tom doesn't really come off as someone who'd try to scam people intentionally. Instead, he's more likely to just really believe in this bullshit. This is a guy who thought an alien from The X-Files was the real thing. Now he's surrounded by these snake oil salesmen who see an opportunity in this moron who'll believe anything they say. So they tell him they'll deliver anti-gravity and spacetime applications in return for some cash. Tom, desperate for quick recognition and completely incapable of critical thinking, then banks his entire professional future on their crackpottery.

If Tom really wanted to push science forward, he'd return to blink, set himself back on a firm financial footing and then set up a scholarship and/or start providing research grants for mainstream scientific research. Instead, in his quest for glory and recognition he's decided to go for the crash & burn option.

• Like 4

In the small print it said if they don't reach their goals by September 2018 that everyone's money would be returned, so I don't necessarily have rage for anyone "investing". This is meant for much more than TomBots, clearly the TomBots can't even keep TTS afloat, but as crazy as it is, Tom has actually gotten the attention of the UFO "community". When John Podesta is promoting you, they're going to get some funding from plenty of people who have never heard of Tom.

I also don't think Tom has as much disposable money as we may think. TTS needed a 600k loan, if he's sitting on 50 million why would he get a loan for that? 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

In the small print it said if they don't reach their goals by September 2018 that everyone's money would be returned, so I don't necessarily have rage for anyone "investing". This is meant for much more than TomBots, clearly the TomBots can't even keep TTS afloat, but as crazy as it is, Tom has actually gotten the attention of the UFO "community". When John Podesta is promoting you, they're going to get some funding from plenty of people who have never heard of Tom.

I also don't think Tom has as much disposable money as we may think. TTS needed a 600k loan, if he's sitting on 50 million why would he get a loan for that? 

Well then why have they done this to begin with? If he has such big names, and such influential people backing him up, why is he begging for investments from AVA fans? Doesn't it seem like the kind of thing that, were it a valid enterprise to invest in, that people with actual financial backing would be doing so already? 

1 hour ago, ryan1125 said:

I think you need to read closer because the minimum goal is 200k shares, a million dollars. Which they’ll surely raise in a year. They’re actual goal is 50 million, but they keep anything raised over a million. 

They list what they would use the money for at different tiers, and 1-5 million basically says to the Stars will continue to operate the same way as it is now without taking on research projects. Which is the amount I see them raising. That’s a scam and these kids didn’t read the document before investing.

edit: I said Tom has a net worth of 50 million. That would mean he likely wouldn’t have more than five million in liquid assets. I think he’s lost a lot of money from his investments over the years, so I wouldn’t be surprised if his net worth is lower than that now though.

Whew.....I never thought Tom could sink this low and it takes a lot for me to think that.

sadly this is legal....it just preys on stupid people.

its really not an investment.... It’s a donation. The only way you ever get a return is if the company went public and chances of that are nonexistent.  Five dollars per share is a complete joke some major companies with huge revenue streams cost less than five dollars per share and they are publicly traded where you can sell and make a return. Plus they are already warning that they will issue more shares in Dulute the value.This “companies” assets are harnessing brain waves or something. A joke.

The terms and conditions clearly state  all this as well as stating that if the company fails you will lose everything.

The only area where I see people being able to go after Tom is if the company fails and they try to  skim profits off any future sales of his music because it’s  listed that that’s part of the deal.  “Entertainment”

pathetic.

• Like 1

Honestly, I really liked this guy. Growing up this guy was an idol.
I really, really do not like this guy now. The AVA Acoustic EP almost won me back because it reminded me how fun some of their tunes could be.

I'm just...shocked and at a loss for words. Like, fuck. Just, wow.

15 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I gotta say I don't understand the rage about the investment crap. If idiots want to invest they'll invest, I wouldn't do it in a million years but he's not misleading anyone about what he's doing.

He’s misleading by valuing the company at 500 million dollars. He’s misleading by putting up the invest button before the presentation today. 

18 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I gotta say I don't understand the rage about the investment crap. If idiots want to invest they'll invest, I wouldn't do it in a million years but he's not misleading anyone about what he's doing.

Dude, the entire idea is built on misleading people. Read the fine print. It's shocking.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Well then why have they done this to begin with? If he has such big names, and such influential people backing him up, why is he begging for investments from AVA fans? Doesn't it seem like the kind of thing that, were it a valid enterprise to invest in, that people with actual financial backing would be doing so already? 

Tom knows there aren't that many AVA fans, and even less with money to blow on stupid shit like this. He knows AVA or even AVA + Blink fans can't fully fund this, he's approaching this like it is a massive global breakthrough and that the whole world is going to want to jump on board... the public crowd sourcing is a technique they are trying as I doubt any sane investor was willing to throw down 50 million for it, so this is their only chance. Of course Tom being Tom, he's going to exploit it through the small fan base he has. And by making TTS the "entertainment" division of it, he built in a failsafe to ensure TTS survives.

45 minutes ago, NotNow said:

I think you need to read closer because the minimum goal is 200k shares, a million dollars. Which they’ll surely raise in a year. They’re actual goal is 50 million, but they keep anything raised over a million. 

Yeah I mean it's a $200 donation to Tom's idea, if I was "investing" I would be fully aware of this. If you've got $200 to blow and truly believe in this cause (and plenty of weirdos do), or just support Tom that much, go for it. He's not forcing anyone to do it, and I would guess less than 1% of what they actually raise will be from die hard AVA/Blink fans. The network of Podesta and all these other DOD/CIA people will donate much more than all 45 people who care enough about AVA to open their pockets.

I just love how he is pitching this 50 million dollar idea, and the paperwork points out many times how his 500k business is failing... lol.

to be fair i don't see him anywhere begging AvA fans to donate...

Also i don't see how this is a scam, as everything is clearly documented and took everyone on this forum a couple of minutes to find out. If you don't care enough about your 200 dollars to read this shit through, then go blow it.... i won't spend a dime on this, but tom also never forced anyone to do so...  i don't get the rage.

I got to say it's kinda crazy and out there, but it's tom, what do you expect?

the sad part is the huge jerking of, from people doing the math and calculating, and celebrating the amount of money tom lost, and how poorly his ava records did saleswise...... bitter much?

• Like 2