The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

2 minutes ago, Clarke said:

How does investing $15,000 into this company make me a retard?  It's Tom, and I'm blindly throwing my money at him because he was in blink-182.  Just wait until you see the house that my maid will live in.

Man you are truly hilarious. I thank tom for bringing you into my life!!

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I don't find this to be a true statement:  If you know you will make money for doing something, then you are committing a scam if you do it.

I simply don't think that's a true statement, as money is a motivator for many to start a business, deliver a product, provide a service, or produce something.  Sure, you could argue that he enjoyed the fortune that blink gave him, and you could take it further by saying he only did it for the money (to which I'd disagree with), but that doesn't mean he would be a scammer.  He knew that there was demand for the band to play again, he had somewhat of a passion, and the guy played.  I've seen him play live 3 times, and I enjoyed each moment.  But I don't believe he was scamming, nor do I feel scammed.  He provided something that I wanted, and I bought tickets.  Sure it might suck to hear if somebody were to do something like that just to make money, but it wouldn't make them a scammer.  

Ive thought about starting a business someday, and if money and passion are the driving forces, I don't believe that would make me a scammer.

I  think You are conflating things.  I never said that Tom was a scammer with blink.  I was saying that money is a motivator for him . Because in your initial reply you seem to indicate that you didn’t think you cared about the money .  That it was about the company. But history has shown that he very much does things for the money.

And the thing that he happens to be doing now is scamming people.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I genuinely think that Tom thinks his company should be valued at that amount, or that it has the potential to be valued at that amount.  I don't think he's blind; I think he's that naive and in denial about the whole thing.

I guess it is possible.....he’s had so many failures and so much lost money in the last 12 years that you’d think he’d learn.

no normal person thinks they can build time machines and spaceships and can fund $500 mil via a tombot investment...You have to be smoking some serious shit

so either he is a great bullshit artist or he is completely deranged. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

"This is the dumbest investment ever. It openly states in the circular they are not sure what the aerospace and engineering divisions will do. Seriously do not put your hard earned money into a vehicle that exists solely for Tom Delong to get tax write offs for his existing companies. He lost $480,000 last year selling books, what makes you think a high school dropout can run a science company?"

Yep yep.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

Care to fill me in on the past 10 pages? I have one busy day and this place blows up. Or is it just people trying to justify Tom's terrible business decision?

More like Clarke trying to justify his terrible business decision.

1 hour ago, Clarke said:

I genuinely think that Tom thinks his company should be valued at that amount, or that it has the potential to be valued at that amount.  I don't think he's blind; I think he's that naive and in denial about the whole thing.

lol what? In no universe should his company be valued at $400 million+. Sure what he wants to accomplish, if he manages to do it, will make it worth that. But there are legitimate scientific companies with bright as hell people already working on this technology with hundreds of millions of dollars in funding. There is no way he will be able to afford the technology and tools needed to achieve breakthrough research. If he really is that naive that just makes him seem incredibly stupid & short sighted. He did not think this through whatsoever or is really overestimating how loyal his fanbase is. Believe me I've backed Tom more than most on this board and have a moderate amount of TTS merchandise but this is absolutely ridiculous. I would agree it's not a scam in the sense i believe he truly believes he can do this but any reasonable human being would see how stupid this idea/plan is without proper funding and backing 

Tom breaks just about every single rule of a successful business. But the number one rule in business is laser sharp focus on one thing. To make something a success, your focus has to be on that and nothing else.

You can't have your mind here, there, and everywhere. It's a guarantee failure from the jump.

If you are opening comic book stories, writing novels, releasing 10 albums, making movies, doing TV shows, renting vans, building comic book, etc etc all at the same time; you are going to have a bunch of mediocre shit that you can't control and will burn a hole in your wallet.

That is just the start of his problems.

Another main problem, does it pass the "will they buy it?" test. Does Tom even ask himself, "If I spend $10mil on this, will I get my money back?" Obviously he doesn't.

He's a trainwreck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Olidamus said:

Tom breaks just about every single rule of a successful business. But the number one rule in business is laser sharp focus on one thing. To make something a success, your focus has to be on that and nothing else.

You can't have your mind here, there, and everywhere. It's a guarantee failure from the jump.

If you are opening comic book stories, writing novels, releasing 10 albums, making movies, doing TV shows, renting vans, building comic book, etc etc all at the same time; you are going to have a bunch of mediocre shit that you can't control and will burn a hole in your wallet.

That is just the start of his problems.

Another main problem, does it pass the "will they buy it?" test. Does Tom even ask himself, "If I spend $10mil on this, will I get my money back?" Obviously he doesn't.

He's a trainwreck.

Quite honestly I'm not surprised at how much he is in debt but if he focused on just a few things I feel it could've been more successful. Sekret Machines imo is a really solid mystery story and if he focused on one or two book series instead of dozens and marketed it much better he could've done fine. The clothing seems to sell well too as when I visited the store a few months ago a lot of things were sold out to my surprise. Renting a physical space was a mistake but if he had just had an online store with a few books, clothing, and more music it could've been a small to moderate success for him. 

I never bought into the idea Tom was delusional until this announcement. Dude thinks he will change humanity as we know it and that's something a child might believe and is a hopelessly idealistic view of the world, not someone who is an adult and has observed the way the world has worked for its eternity. 

And a person with no legit backing and funding could never realistically hope to achieve what he/she has set out to do

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Quite honestly I'm not surprised at how much he is in debt but if he focused on just a few things I feel it could've been more successful. Sekret Machines imo is a really solid mystery story and if he focused on one or two book series instead of dozens and marketed it much better he could've done fine. The clothing seems to sell well too as when I visited the store a few months ago a lot of things were sold out to my surprise. Renting a physical space was a mistake but if he had just had an online store with a few books, clothing, and more music it could've been a small to moderate success for him. 

I never bought into the idea Tom was delusional until this announcement. Dude thinks he will change humanity as we know it and that's something a child might believe and is a hopelessly idealistic view of the world, not someone who is an adult and has observed the way the world has worked for its eternity. 

And a person with no legit backing and funding could never realistically hope to achieve what he/she has set out to do

As someone who works at a clothing company and manufacturer, I wanna shed some light on this.

TTS has no manufacturing capabilities or storage facilities. When they used to have products for sale, all of the garments were mock ups - not photographs of the actual products, it's an easy thing to spot when you know what you're looking for. This means they had a 'as and when' kind of deal with a manufacturer and screen printer. Theoretically, these cannot 'sell out' because they're only ordering a small amount at a time to cover costs, but doing so makes the cost of it much higher for the company. Ordering in bulk and having storage would be a means of cutting down cost, and if TTS lost as much as it sounds then I'm willing to bet they went for that option later on, and 'sold out' because the bulk of stock they bought wasn't really that much, and they couldn't afford to restock - because the orders just weren't there. 

I say this because some of the product shots look more realistic at times. I'm just theorising all this, I rarely visit TTS but if a generic shirt (not say a special edition bundle or whatever) was 'sold out' I'd be willing to bet that's why. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kay said:

As someone who works at a clothing company and manufacturer, I wanna shed some light on this.

TTS has no manufacturing capabilities or storage facilities. When they used to have products for sale, all of the garments were mock ups - not photographs of the actual products, it's an easy thing to spot when you know what you're looking for. This means they had a 'as and when' kind of deal with a manufacturer and screen printer. Theoretically, these cannot 'sell out' because they're only ordering a small amount at a time to cover costs, but doing so makes the cost of it much higher for the company. Ordering in bulk and having storage would be a means of cutting down cost, and if TTS lost as much as it sounds then I'm willing to bet they went for that option later on, and 'sold out' because the bulk of stock they bought wasn't really that much, and they couldn't afford to restock - because the orders just weren't there. 

I say this because some of the product shots look more realistic at times. I'm just theorising all this, I rarely visit TTS but if a generic shirt (not say a special edition bundle or whatever) was 'sold out' I'd be willing to bet that's why. 

Honestly that makes a lot of sense and would explain it. I figured that didn't produce that many based on the low sales. When I was there i grabbed a hoodie of the shelf I liked and I brought it up and the cashier told me someone had just bought the last one online and they couldn't sell it to me. I live in Philly so I've only been there once, figured since  I was already in the area I might as well check it out

Here is what is going to happen; Tom will make the $1mil in donations, and in a year, the money will be released to him; but it won't be anywhere near enough to even start what he wants to do. It will be a failure, and in a few years time, you just won't hear anything about it anymore. Tom will be onto something else like what happened with modlife; but this time there will be more backlash because some people will want to know what happened to their money.

At least with modlife people couldn't complain that much because it was $20 for content or whatever. This is at least $200 for nothing, and it will take awhile, maybe a few years, but shit will eventually hit the fan.

• Like 3