The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

9 minutes ago, Clarke said:

You'll be the 3rd person that I send a picture to.  For yours I'll be wearing a white robe, and I'll be sitting on the 1.5 million that I stacked into a throne.

Lol! I heard the throne market is growing rapidly, good choice.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NotNow said:

I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic here. .75 cents a share in dividends per month wouldn be insane. You’d be paid back your initial investment in six months and that doesn’t even include what you own in stock. It would be doubling your money in six months. That could have been the point of your comment though.

.75 cents =/= .75 dollars

7 hours ago, justin88182 said:

This made me cringe

20171012_222041.png

LOL. It's funny that Tom is like most people and just hates his real job, even when his "real job" is being in a famous rock band making millions to play guitar and yodel. 

It's like any of us just stopped showing up to work, ignored all emails/calls from co-workers, and then made a post asking for 50 million dollars to make a space ship.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ryan1125 said:

LOL. It's funny that Tom is like most people and just hates his real job, even when his "real job" is being in a famous rock band making millions to play guitar and yodel. 

It's like any of us just stopped showing up to work, ignored all emails/calls from co-workers, and then made a post asking for 50 million dollars to make a space ship.

Haha, I never thought of it like that. Hilarious now that I'm thinking of it.

Finally watched part of that bizarre "presentation" good lord. You guys are 10000% right that the best idea for him would have been a goofy show about him going around researching this stuff. It wouldn't even need to be an over-the-top heavily produced reality show like all of those on A&E or whatever, make it like Anthony Bourdain's show but with supernatural stuff instead of food. Tom travels around and hears the local stories, stakes out the spot where a UFO was last seen or whatever, "teach" the audience about shit he knows, and just make it feel like you're hanging out with Tom on these strange adventures. Let Tom's goofy personality drive the show. I remember back when he was going on Bigfoot hunts thinking that could be a hilarious documentary, model the show after stuff like that.

But he's so utterly convinced that he's going to change the world that he could never do something so trivial in his mind. He thinks he has some of the most privileged information in human history (lol) so he has to slowly and professionally reveal it through comic books/movies/garbled nonsense that nobody can understand(??). 

Such a bummer.

As far as the scam thing, he definitely should have just had it be a "donate" option instead of "invest," but I'm guessing most people are considering it a donation anyway. If anyone expects to make money off this thing they're insane, but not duped or scammed (sorry Clarke). All the info is out there, if nobody reads the fine print that's on them, the same way it is with literally any other company out there. It just feels more insane because it's Tom haha

• Like 2

Not really. We could not afford to do that. Well, I at least could not just quit my job and go hunt bigfoot or whatever, just because. Tom on the other hand is a millionaire who can afford to just randomly stop doing anything and start an awkward company (?). But even he seems to think it's very risky so he wants to lose other people's money now. 

2 hours ago, Clarke said:

I read your responses, and you were never able to show that Tom is trying to scam people.  The guy is honest with what he's doing, no matter how naive or stupid it might be.  For that reason, yes, hoping that the guy fails with his honest endeavors and goals is really not the way people here should go about this.

So you think Tom didn't read his own Offering statement? You think he didn't see the part where the book value of shares are .02 cents and being offered for $5? Is he blind?

If you read the offering statement it is literally a lawyer telling you "Leave this website. Don't invest in this company, you are going to lose everything you put into it"

Received additional information from my friend in a second email. He was relieved I said I wasn't planning to invest and just wanted to get his opinion from someone in the field. He spoke a bit more candidly after he realized that. Big take away I got from him was this: 

It's worth mentioning that if you plan to invest in a company - it would be a good idea to check out the # of shares outstanding ( in this case 85,000,000 plus the additional shares to be issued to the investors ( minimum 200,000)  ) and multiply this by the subscription price that you will be paying ( in this case, $5/share).

Is this company worth  ( 85,200,000) x $5.00$426,000,000 US ? As at 31/12/16 the company had only about $1.6 million in subscriptions from the initial investors , and had  about $1.2 million of this in operating losses ( probably a good part of this spent on salaries and wages- maybe to the same people   who put up the initial investment $s , or their relatives ).

At $5.00  they are essentially valuing  the business at $425,000,000   whereas Delonge etc. have only put up $1.6 million, and the additional cash raised from the public would only be 200,000 x $5.00 = $1,000,000.

I would question whether the potential of the business is worth the difference of $423,500,000.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Clarke said:

I think he's being stupid, naive, and in a state of denial when it comes to this entire thing.  I also think there might be a possibility that the lawyers recognize this about Tom, and there's a possibility that they are just covering his ass without Tom grasping how much they are doing so.  It's also possible that everybody who's not Tom has already prepared to make the 99% likely meltdown not be a complete disaster.  I watched a fair amount of the speeches, and it seems that a lot of these people have nothing to lose either, as it appears that they could comfortably retire.

Tom though?  You have to understand that we are dealing with Tom, and somebody that thinks like Tom.  I'm sure you recognize this.  Tom's just a naive guy when it comes to this, and he genuinely believes this can be successful. If he just wanted money, he could have just committed to blink more.  This though, he's putting his heart and passion into it, and genuinely trying to do good.  The only character assasination you make against the guy is that this is simply not something he can pull off, and that he's naive for thinking he can.  That's it.  I think to take it beyond that and actually hope that this guy fails -that's not how we as people should go about this.  We should simply hope that the guy's business doesn't fail on him, and more importantly, we should hope even more that he learns from it when it does fail.  But do I want it to be a success?  Yes, of course.  I wish anybody the best when they're doing something like this.  Do I think it will be a success?  No.  No I don't.  The difference here, between you and me on this one Oliver, is that you think this is an act of dishonesty and I think it's an act of naivety, denial, and stupidity.  That disagreement right there, if you still disagree after reading my response, is why you find his actions here to be unethical and why I find his actions to not be unethical.  This man might be misguided, naive, mentally unstable, or in denial, but I can confidently say that he's not a bad person.

So what about all of his past actions where he has screwed fans out of money? Began in 2006 with Army of Angels.

Just naivety right? :rolleyes:

33 minutes ago, 2point5 said:

Just caught up on the last 5/6 pages and Clarke is one hell of a fisherman! Casually throwing out bait and getting massive bites in return. Reel em in, kiddo.

<3 Clarke <3

Not really.  Literally no one here believes Clarke gave a penny to this scam.