The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

This whole thing is so insane/sketchy that it is actually f'ing up my perception of even Old Tom stuff... I listened to old Blink at the gym yesterday and I was surprisingly just kinda bummed listening to Tom. Don't know how to explain it, but the way he has handled himself recently has just totally turned me off to him in general. I bought the books/comics, but this whole project and his condescending attitude (particularly in his replies to people on social media) are just really, really bad right now. He is all over the place, and we are just peons who don't know shit.

I already get a weird look from people when I say Blink is my favorite band (they all think I've just listened to ATST on repeat since 1999). If/when this Academy gets made fun of on Late Night TV, or becomes a trending "Remember this guy?" meme, it is going to add a whole new layer of bullshit when I have to defend my favorite band!

• Like 1

Holy molly.

HOLLY FUCKING MOLLY!!! Guys and gals.

This is sad. Really sad. I think everything has been said about this all. His presentations was all but anything possible related to what a good presentation has to be. To be effective, you have to be eloquent and concrete, a little bit wizard to explain things and make it cool. Look at Apple keynotes and the likes of. Tom has done the opposite. Weird impersonation, weak specch in terms of not explaining anything. I mean, he just stays in the same place "big things to come" in terms of his own narration.

One of the things that has impressed me the most is how he describes himself as "Tom of Blink-182": Hello, my name is Tom DeLonge from the band Blink-182.

But moreover, and most important... Jesus Christ, what about that amazing receiding line? I mean, wouldn't be safer for him to invest his money in a proper hair treatment?

Captura.jpg

1 hour ago, Ghost said:

Holy molly.

This is sad. Really sad. I think everything has been said about this all. His presentations was all but anything possible related to what a good presentation has to be. To be effective, you have to be eloquent and concrete, a little bit wizard to explain things and make it cool. Look at Apple keynotes and the likes of. Tom has done the opposite. Weird impersonation, weak specch in terms of not explaining anything. I mean, he just stays in the same place "big things to come" in terms of his own narration.

One of the things that has impressed me the most is how he describes himself as "Tom of Blink-182": Hello, my name is Tom DeLonge from the band Blink-182.

But moreover, and most important... Jesus Christ, what about that amazing receiding line? I mean, wouldn't be safer for him to invest his money in a proper hair treatment?

Captura.jpg

Why does he keep sniffling and rubbing his nose? I don't mean to speculate but........yeh

What a joke it is all is. The dude has lost it, and when you think it can't get any worse, it does. I wonder how much worse it will get.

Can he end up in jail over this? Just watched that YouTube video and holy fuck, if it’s true Tom is a fucking asshole scamming whoever left sniffing his ass to get his failed ventures out of debt. I see all this crashing around him.  Should have just dealt with the boredom of playing blink songs and continued the shit piss jokes and singing about high school, he’d certainly be better off than he is now.

guy couldn’t commit to blink or any music venture cuz he’s scatterbrained trying to come up with the next scam to cover his ass and get out of debt. He’s seriously gonna end up in jail or declaring bankruptcy on all his ventures and gonna lose everything. I’d be concerned about his mental health and overall well being. People in these situations go nuts and off themselves/ others.

In that video though, it seems all this shit with Tom started in 2004... coincidence with the massive rise of self-titled album and subsequent fall of blink?

if I’m Mark and Travis, I stay far away.

i hope it doesn’t end up like Craig carton of the boomer and carton show here in NY sports radio. Guy had uncontrollable gambling issue ended up millions in debt and got arrested by fbi for ticket Ponzi scheme to cover his debts, guy had a cake job, wife and kids and lost it all.. sad.

• Like 1

I don't see anything that he did that was illegal; of course i am not a financial expert.

But it is still very deceptive; or at least Tom seems to think he can deceive fans. That video really shoots holes in Clarke's bullshit that "Tom doesn't know". Tom set a par value on his company at a fraction of a cent per share, and is selling it for $5 and then gets on camera and talks about a IPO in a couple of years.

He is so full of shit. So while it might not be illegal, he is 100% knowingly using his fans to service his debt on the false premise of an "investment".

• Like 1

Isn’t what Tom doing  a  Ponzi scheme? I’m no financial expert so I’m confused. Trying to wrap my head around that video, it just screams to me he’s gonna crash and burn 

my understanding is a Ponzi scheme is having people invest in an entity with hopes of return on investment that will never come, essentially what toms academy is doing..

32 minutes ago, GuitarPunk2512 said:

Isn’t what Tom doing  a  Ponzi scheme? I’m no financial expert so I’m confused. Trying to wrap my head around that video, it just screams to me he’s gonna crash and burn 

my understanding is a Ponzi scheme is having people invest in an entity with hopes of return on investment that will never come, essentially what toms academy is doing..

A Ponzi scheme works so that you give me, say, $4000 and I promise you a 10% annual return. Rather than putting that $4000 into any kind of economic activity that could generate the return, I get another person to invest $4000 in exchange for a 10% annual return, and I take $400 out of that money to give you your 10% return. The investment of a third person is then used to pay for the second investor's return. This keeps going so long as I manage to find new investors to give me their money. The investors aren't aware that there's no underlying productive economic activity that could generate revenue.

Considering that, Tom is actually offering even less, so you'd be better off putting your money into a Ponzi scheme.

• Like 1

Yeah, its not a ponzi scheme, like Msandt said.

It is more like me selling you a 50 cent bag of candy for $5000. That's not illegal. If you are willing to pay for it, that is a legal transaction.

The problem is people don't get that they are paying $5000 for a 50 cent bag of candy because its confusing. But as long as it is in the fine print that "yeah you are paying $5000 for a bag of candy worth 50 cents" it is a legal transaction.

The deception and the "scam" part of it, is that Tom knows damn well that he is ripping people off big time, and he is banking on people being too stupid to understand that they are being ripped off.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Clarke said:

I'm not sure if you understood this about my post or not -but I don't think Tom's company is worth that amount either.  I was saying that Tom genuinely believes it's worth that amount, or that he genuinely believes it could be worth that amount.  That's why I also don't find him to be scamming people.  I think he's seriously that naive, inexperienced, and in denial here.

No I was agreeing with you on that. Since you brought it up thought it would make sense to quote to give my thoughts 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ghost said:

Holy molly.

Captura.jpg

Holy moly ... One L.

8 hours ago, Clarke said:

To be fair, the video was convincing.  If something were to sell me on the idea that this is a scam, it would be for something like the reasons that were pieced together and outlined in that video, and certainly not for the reasons that people have been providing in this thread before that video was linked.  The video provided facts, reasoning, and logic, which is something that I respect.  Many people on here were not providing that, and I really had no choice but to dismiss it.  I will certainly have to sleep on this video, and perhaps question it as well, or even wait a little while, because that's how I approach these types of things regarding people's character.  

If he were trying to scam people, I think he's messing with the wrong crowd of people.  People who are obsessed with aliens know how to track shit, and they know how to connect dots fairly well when it comes to things like this.  It's all that they do with their spare time it seems like.  I had no clue he had so many businesses.

Nonetheless, I think Tom should rather invest his own money like any filthy rich person does and just stop trying with the whole thing.  He's rich enough to where he can safely invest his money, and have it be so that his kids and future generations can live private lives in mansions and literally not have to work as their money just sits their growing.  He's probably listened to financial advisors and done some of that.  And yes, I think he should probably fix the receding hairline with the money he has.

Clarke, others here have provided plenty of reasoning; that video just picked up on additional stuff.

As far as Tom having "plenty of money" that is debatable. People like him who suffer from a mental imbalance and who toss money hand over fist into money losing projects might not be financially sound. But its a stupid debate because no one knows. It is possible he has money stashed that is "no touch" money; it is possible he doesn't.

The fact that Tom has like a zillion different companies to his name, and a zillion different failed ideas with net losses,  and the fact that he is clearly terrible at business, all seem to point to him being out of control financially.

16 hours ago, horchata said:

mwhahaha that was brilliant. Mostly what was already said here but it's nice to see it definitely pointed out - I also like that even UFO nerds aren't happy about this. 

4 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Not really, people were simply accusing him of scamming his fans for other reasons that I was responding to at the time.  Nobody has connected anything together or explained it the way that the video has, when they were engaging with me at least.

I think he does have a lot of money.  At one point it was estimated that Tom and Mark each had a net worth of 60 million, with Travis having even more than that.  Now I'm sure Tom has set some money aside for his business fun, and I'm sure he's kept a fair amount of it just to be safe and maintain his status of having a lot of money.  There's a high chance that his business money has drained, but I think he's still safe with the rest that he has. If he invested just $7 million of it at one point, Tom and his family would be set for a long time just living well off of the returns.  But he probably has more invested, and at that point, there's a good chance that his family can just sit on that wealth for generations given that they don't have a lot of kids to divide it.

Maybe, maybe not. This is all speculation.

The $60mil figure off some salary site is hardly likely.

Michael Jackson was worth billions; and was in debt. So its possible Tom has debt. He has hallmarks of someone who has no control of their finances. No one knows. I am just saying there is a possibility. Just because someone has made a lot of money doesn't mean anything. That is the only point I am making.