The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

Why is everyone saying he is mentally unstable? Believing in something that is not a shared common belief does not make someone mentally ill. Is he delusional? Sure, but again a lot of people can be delusional about things, especially if a lot of money is involved. He's invested so much money into his projects he's going to try to make it work as long as he can. Is it smart? Hell no he should've cut his losses and moved on. Is he an ass for asking fans for money? Yes. He's also manipulative and naive. There is a difference in being an naive asshole and having a mental illness. Mental illnesses are serious problems people have that mostly greatly impair the ability to function as a productive member of society daily. I've seen no signs of that. Just my two cents on the issue. 

1 hour ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Mental illnesses are serious problems people have that mostly greatly impair the ability to function as a productive member of society daily. I've seen no signs of that.

This is not an accurate statement overall. It's true for some mentally ill people, for sure, but many are able to "function as a productive member of society" while suffering from mental illnesses. Would they be more productive without the mental illness? Almost definitely, but it's not like everyone with a mental illness is unable to leave their home or they just sit at their desk at work doing nothing.

3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

This is not an accurate statement overall. It's true for some mentally ill people, for sure, but many are able to "function as a productive member of society" while suffering from mental illnesses. Would they be more productive without the mental illness? Almost definitely, but it's not like everyone with a mental illness is unable to leave their home or they just sit at their desk at work doing nothing.

I just figure that's more mentally unstable, which is different imo. Either way my point being I don't believe Tom is mentally ill, just really stupid and naive with horrible business practices.

1 minute ago, Boring.........Alright said:

I just figure that's more mentally unstable, which is different imo. Either way my point being I don't believe Tom is mentally ill, just really stupid and naive with horrible business practices.

The entire fields of clinical psychology and psychiatry would disagree with the way you define mental illness but okay.

• Like 2

Having a lot of money really gives you a lot of "get out of jail free" cards when it comes to mental issues.

If 99% of people out there did what Tom did, they'd be on the streets or worse. Having a wife, kids, being essentially unemployed, and spending copious amounts of money and time on crazy; would be a first class ticket to losing wife/kids and being in poverty.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

The entire fields of clinical psychology and psychiatry would disagree with the way you define mental illness but okay.

Well ok then I'm not some expert on mental illness so that's fine  I was wrong. Still don't think Tom has one though. That's the only point I was trying to make albeit i guess poorly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Well ok then I'm not some expert on mental illness so that's fine  I was wrong. Still don't think Tom has one though. That's the only point I was trying to make albeit i guess poorly.

A bunch of us here on the boards have some form of mental illness, as well as millions of other people. Isn't the current statistic like 1 in 4? 

I think the dudes lost the plot, when people here are saying 'mentally ill' their using it to generally mean 'The dudes nuts' not actually suggesting a specific issue regarding mental health. 

also I'm sorry but 'Wah I have millions from playing pop punk and have a bunch of teenagers follow me but suddenly aren't amused when I want to rip them off for millions to fund my crappy movie company wah' is not something I'm particularly sympathetic about.

If Tom wants his fans to have continued respect, he shouldn't dick them around so much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Boring.........Alright said:

Yeah, but your opinion is not what actual authorities about this matter are saying nowadays.

Mental illness is not only a deep state of crazyness. There is a huge grey scale.