The TTS Academy Scam Thread

Ghent

Listened to the whole thing, also don't think he's trying to scam people (at least not on purpose lol).

I just find the whole thing so fucking strange. Okay, Tom read books about aliens/UFOs/government while on tour with Blink, and he connected the dots... He figured something out that nobody else was able to do...

Then some high profile government officials reached out to Tom, so that he could communicate this information to the public (of all people and organizations in the world, they chose Tom...weird).

Apparently this information is so mind blowing, we just simply won't be able to comprehend it. So he will reveal it with TTS through films and books. After we've digested it, he will release academic papers and eventually show the technology.

Bruh.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, two said:

That's part of what was lame about this fucking interview. Joe could've dug more into Tom's actual life versus what the fuck he is doing lately. Ask him shit about what led him to this point. Childhood, parents, life with blink, drug use, etc. This could've been so much more interesting but fucking Joe Rogan decided to get caught up in the fucking "I can't tell ya" bullshit. I think his interviewing ability has deteriorated over time as he's become more set in his beliefs as opposed to early on when he was more willing to listen to crazy ideas. Throw on a "Duncan Trussell Joe Rogan" interview and you won't hear Joe calling out Duncan for talking about infinite universes and what life is, etc. It seems if your craziness is drug-induced, Joe is fine with it, but if Tom DeLonge starts talking, his guard is put way the fuck on. Like I said, fuck this interview.

I agree. I think he deserves something like that. Someone who, once they both are on the interview, has the balls to put him against the verge. Not in a rude way, of course, but just stopping all the bullshit. If he just wants not to answer, then go and leave the show. I mean, Rogue could have said: "Ok, man, so you have nothing to prove? Bye, then. I have the likes of David Icke to read and hear the same unprovem lshit you're saying here. I don't need another charlatan."

I think a lot of his actual situation is related to the way te press handles everything. Condescendency, I guess. I mean, press is not here to make 'violent' statements or questions, but is not here either to lick everyone's elses arses. Which is what uses to happen every single day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zoltan said:

i said it years ago, and i still think tom is mentally ill. it's schizophrenia. (no, it doesn't mean split personality.)

he is batshit crazy since 2005. maybe the medicines and psychiatrists helped him throughout the years (he had "almost normal" periods), but in the past 3 years you couldn't see him as a sane person.

there's no such thing that someone is mentally stable, but acts like a madman for 3 years (or 10+ years). it's not an act, it's not enthusiasm about a topic, it's his life: "schizophrenia is a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real." (you can go deeper...) many artists have similar mental illnesses. bipolar disorder is the most common, but schizophrenia is not that rare as you'd think.

Going to the church would be really schizophrenic then.

Tom is just a moron. At least the Rogan guy at one point acknowledged that he's not smart enough to evaluate whether the "scientist" on the video they watched was full of shit or not. Tom doesn't seem to acknowledge this limitation.

My favorite argument from Tom is that NASA and the US Government don’t know how to release a book or documentary so they entrusted him with it because he knows the genre. So they can put a man on the moon but can’t print a Poet Anderson shirt. LMAO. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Watching the video, and toward the end of it Tom suggests that "quantum leaps" in human evolution are explained by genetic engineering conducted by aliens or something. Tom also sells the Lamarckian idea of evolution (which has been out of fashion for more than a century) by saying that "we know" that if parents beat their kids it changes the kids' DNA (suggesting that acquired features are passed on). This is the kind of ignorance that explains Tom's willingness to accept any crazy theory.

On Joe's actual podcast (not the video) - he gives his on post-commentary of the session. It's a bit sad, he pretty much just laughs about how insane the interview was and how ridiculous it all was. He even mentioned Tom, after the interview, started talking about how Werewolves exist but exist through warmholes....

I don't think Tom is insanely crazy. I think Tom knows a ton of conspiracy related information, has been in contact with senior officials, and has been a focus of government officials on some level. However, there's a lot of theories about the idea of spreading disinformation so that people who "may be on to something" just get fed a mix of bullshit so that they come out as insanely crazy. I feel like conspiracy theorists to that degree are probably pretty easy to control, in a sense that given the amount of right (or wrong) information, they wouldn't know how to comprehend such information and just go totally off the rails into mega-conspiracy theories. A lot of what Tom talks about is self-indulgent stuff that we really have no idea about (whether it is true or not), but it's like arguing facts about a completely different reality that no one is sure even exists in the first place.

All I'm saying is that, in some sense, Tom is probably right somewhere but has completely lost the plot and also believes in absolutely insanely ridiculous things as well which was probably given to him by no mistake. 

Ah well. Never meet your heroes. The internet can be a rough place in todays day and age.

• Like 1

9 minutes in and Tom is he's deflecting all the time. Who is this guy and where is this hostile attitude coming from? I can't believe he has become so entitled, full of himself and out of touch with the world he lives in. He used to love aliens and now he thinks they are evil threats because he talks to people we don't talk to? "I know about aliens, I'm meeting with Senators. I can't say anything, but invest in my company." He has completely lost his marbles. 

I thought the interview would be something to laugh at, but it turns out very very sad and disappointing. Remember when we though 2006 Tom was the worst thing ever happened to us fans? 

7 hours ago, Mau5 said:

On Joe's actual podcast (not the video) - he gives his on post-commentary of the session. It's a bit sad, he pretty much just laughs about how insane the interview was and how ridiculous it all was. He even mentioned Tom, after the interview, started talking about how Werewolves exist but exist through warmholes....

I don't think Tom is insanely crazy. I think Tom knows a ton of conspiracy related information, has been in contact with senior officials, and has been a focus of government officials on some level. However, there's a lot of theories about the idea of spreading disinformation so that people who "may be on to something" just get fed a mix of bullshit so that they come out as insanely crazy. I feel like conspiracy theorists to that degree are probably pretty easy to control, in a sense that given the amount of right (or wrong) information, they wouldn't know how to comprehend such information and just go totally off the rails into mega-conspiracy theories. A lot of what Tom talks about is self-indulgent stuff that we really have no idea about (whether it is true or not), but it's like arguing facts about a completely different reality that no one is sure even exists in the first place.

All I'm saying is that, in some sense, Tom is probably right somewhere but has completely lost the plot and also believes in absolutely insanely ridiculous things as well which was probably given to him by no mistake. 

Ah well. Never meet your heroes. The internet can be a rough place in todays day and age.

Maybe you're making here an interesting point, mate.

Conspiracy theories... well, the conspiracy world can be a dangerous environment if you're not in focus. A few years ago, I started to read some stuff, specially related to the chemtrails conspiracy thing, and other shit related or not to that. That's only an example, I just came across that and I felt curious. And my conclusion is as it follow: is good to make questions to youorself. I mean, it's good to not believe 100% all what official media and press agencies are serving us on plates just for the sake of it. Manipulation has been proven in press (here in Spain, we have plenty of cases). We do know that big press agencies work as the main filter and they mark thetendency in order to tell the news in a way and not in other.

BUT, one thing is to make questions and be carefull when hearing official media, and another thing is just do te opposite when reading or listening to non official information (aka conspiracy theories and stuff). Some of those theories may have part of truth on them, but basically we don't know what is true and what not (sometimes they are explained by people who literally don't know anything about the matter they are talking). So, getting to obsessed with them can drive you crazy, and make you live outside of this reality, so to say. As an experiment, if you're mentally strong, it can be interesting... just trying to go 'outside the Matrix', you know. But, well, that's it.

I guess Tom is in that situation, but in the worse case possible. Same situation as thousands of people who are eaten by conspiracy theories and authors, just stepping aside of reality to believe another kind of information/reality that can be manipulated too, as manipulated as official channels. The main difference is that he has plenty of money to make public his thoughts, pay for authors who write books for him, and try to make more money out of them.

1 hour ago, bastard said:

.Blinks history is a sad one if you think about it.

I was thinking about this the other day. There will be a ton to write about when this band is said and done. Blink is probably one of the last bands people expect to have such a troubled history. 

Booting Scott, Mark's jealousy, Tom's family problems, drug and alcohol use, nasty breakup, nasty statements, Jerry Finn's death, Travis' crash, Tom leaving, more nastiness. Just a whole slew of shit from band that's generally seen as poppy and fun. 

• Like 3