Something's wrong

PabloPerrault

to be fair, this is basically an amateur project, and it won't be seen/heard outside the followers of travis.

yes a professional producer and engineer made the song(s), but there's no real marketing behind this project. and that would be the key.

if her father wasn't a famous musician, it would be a pretty standard first or second step in one's career.

i say, with her background, she has a good chance to be a teenage popstar, but there's no need to worry about it now.

talking about child abuse and things like that are just overdramatization.

Did you pull those out of your favorites list Olidamus?

But you're totally right. The 'pop stars have no talent' thing is totally overblown. They almost always do. I remember hating on the 98 Degrees guys for their matching tattoos and all, but then I saw the lead singer cover a Foo Fighters song recently and holy shit did he kill it, immense talent.

I raise the question of Feldmann's ability to produce. 

The music production sounds really amateur, with an outdated direction for 2017 bubblegum pop music. Sounds and effects chosen are tasteless, light years from miley cyrus / bieber etc productions. The song really sounds like an 192 kbps mp3.

I never liked the "standard and normalized punk rock sound" he brought to California, as I personally always listened blink for their unique production (rip Jerry), but when i listen to that little project, i got the same bad feeling that Feldmann is terribly obsolete. 

4 minutes ago, PabloPerrault said:

I raise the question of Feldmann's ability to produce. 

The music production sounds really amateur, with an outdated direction for 2017 bubblegum pop music. Sounds and effects chosen are tasteless, light years from miley cyrus / bieber etc productions. The song really sounds like an 192 kbps mp3.

I never liked the "standard and normalized punk rock sound" he brought to California, as I personally always listened blink for their unique production (rip Jerry), but when i listen to that little project, i got the same bad feeling that Feldmann is terribly obsolete. 

I wouldn't question his ability but I definitely get what you're saying. I think the guy knows what he's doing. Most pop music is like that and that's the sound Feldman looks for. He intentionally gives it that style of production. At the same time it's like he's trying to bring some kind of cheesy Ellie Goulding production vibe to pop punk music. It shows in All Time Low & Panic albums he's produced as well. I think if he really wanted blink to sound more raw and all, he'd easily be able to get that sound, but it's not what he likes. I think the only time his production really has sounded so natural is that Used album from 2004 that I forgot the name of.

He's basically turned from a pop punk producer to a pop producer. And IMO it just doesn't work when he's trying to make bands like blink go that kinda route. One thing I don't like about his production in California is the drum sound. They sound so loud and up front compared to past blink albums. I too liked blink for their uniqueness in their sound. Jerry Finn brought that out in a lot of bands. AFI, Alkaline Trio and Sum 41 albums produced by him sound so different to each other. Can't say the same with Feldman produced albums really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nshesaid said:

At the end there.

And this is someone I grew up hating on. Solely because  'Group Think'.  It's what everyone else was doing. But you're just following the crowd then, for all the wrong reasons.

Think independently.

Vote for Jan/Knapton.  

Turns out they didn't ...

2 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

he's trying to bring some kind of cheesy Ellie Goulding production vibe to pop punk music

cerbral1.jpg.aa5c1da3bf3d48d514fb899f5c84fa69.jpg

the only time his production really has sounded so natural is that Used album from 2004 that I forgot the name of.

cerbral2.jpg.a269ccd403d25eb36fd9a641d710fedf.jpg

One thing I don't like about his production in California is the drum sound. 

ceebral3.jpg.7e7fe6e831fbad99dc681259e6ca82c7.jpg

They sound so loud and up front compared to past blink albums

cerebral4.jpg.200c6d7e5c35eb74aff09405664297f7.jpg

true,true,true & true!!

anyway his production and mix for Travis s daughter here is not professional at all. quite surprising when you have almost unlimited money and network.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2017 at 12:46 PM, Olidamus said:

Its a harsh business that will chew you up and spit you out.

Travis doesn't seem to have any parenting skills; saying "he lets them do whatever"

"Hey dad I am going to go snort some coke"

"Ok sounds good !"

"Hey Dad can we shower together?"

"OKAY!"

Knowing Travis' history with drug abuse I highly doubt he would be cool with that. Just saying

52 minutes ago, Kay said:

The only one angrily calling it out is Oli, I just think its lame but expected.

Well, god forbid i don't agree with dressing an 11 year old like they are an adult. Throwing them into show business, and giving them success only because of who's crotch the Doctor took them out of and nothing more.

The entire thing is just ridiculous.

I certainly don't wish her any harm, and I hope she is successful. But I know how this works. Its been done a zillion time before. It's hardly ever good for the child, so being opposed to it, is what is better for her IMO.

Even if you watch that interview I posted, the people interviewing them are basically telling Travis "this is a bad idea" without actually saying it.