1. 1. Who’s your fave?

• Ross
    • Monica
    • Chandler
    • Rachel
    • Joey
    • Phoebe

8 minutes ago, Kay said:

I didn't like the billionaire guy. it really felt like they just tried to write him out swiftly because they spent ages getting them together and then went "uh...ultimate fighting champion?" so daft hahah

it was so random that i was quite amused by it. monica had a annoying opinion about relationships in general so her going for a billionaire was no surprise. worst main character nqat

Just now, Neal said:

it was so random that i was quite amused by it. monica had a annoying opinion about relationships in general so her going for a billionaire was no surprise. worst main character nqat

I genuinely don't get the Monica hate tbh. she got a lot worse after she got with Chandler but the whole type-A thing is something I've always liked in characters - like Amy Santiago in Brooklyn 99.

Just now, Kay said:

I genuinely don't get the Monica hate tbh. she got a lot worse after she got with Chandler but the whole type-A thing is something I've always liked in characters - like Amy Santiago in Brooklyn 99.

She'd be as annoying as fuck if you lived with her but as a character in a sitcom she brings a lot more to the table than quite a few of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

She'd be as annoying as fuck if you lived with her but as a character in a sitcom she brings a lot more to the table than quite a few of them. 

I find a lot of her irritating quirks to make a lot of sense. like Phoebe is obviously the most 'damaged' character because of her upbringing, but Chandler and Monica are probably next. Chandler because of his parents messy divorce and his troubled relationship with his parents individually, Monica because of the obvious eating disorder and serious mother issues. I've always like the whole controlling / clean freak thing with Monica because it makes sense, she has to be in control of things to keep her issues in order because if she doesn't she'll break down, and probably eat. Makes her antics a lot more relatable through that lens.

she's still a pain in the ass, but I find the 'why' makes her more tolerable. 

Just now, ...Dan... said:

Even if you think she is shit, you can't possibly find Phoebe funnier?

No, phoebe's jokes are way over the top. but lisa kudrow is very sympathetic to me. she does no harm, so i can blind her nonsense out easily. monica craving to get a fancy life is like nails on a chalkboard. 

• Like 1

Joey Doesn't Share Food! is probably one of the parts I quote the most. Seriously, anyone takes a fry off my plate and I go full Tribbiani. 

Me and the missus are both fans so we have a habit of making really odd friends references to each other though.

For example the episode when Rachel's lil sister is going after Ross you get this random gem -

Rachel : "You remember what happened to the girl who tried too much too fast, don't you?"

Jill : "What?"

Rachel : "She died, Jill" 

Idk why but it slays us both, the way she says "She died, Jill" just wrecks me. whenever someone asks a question we'll end up saying "She died, Jill" and we get a lot of odd looks. 

but the thing that will always stand out as the most heart warmingly awesome thing about friends is Monica's fat dancing. Apparently, as a fat woman, I'm supposed to be 'offended' by this now but I'm sorry, it's fucking brilliant. Go fat Monica! 

giphy.gif giphy.gifFinishedInbornAndalusianhorse-size_restr

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Fat Monica is a hoot. 

some stuff in the show you couldn’t get away with now. That’s 2019 for you. Full of delicate little snowflakes everywhere. 

I think most of the comments that Friends is outdated in that regard are blown out of proportion. the only stuff that's a little out dated is their approach to LGBT stuff but honestly even then it's not that big a deal, the show has never been cruel humoured regarding it, just standard for the 90s. Hell to be honest I always was impressed with how they presented things like Carol and Susan - they don't exactly look or act like scary lesbians, and I loved growing up seeing a fairly normal couple with a kid who just happened to be two girls. they make jokes out of it but it's never at their expense, so I don't mind it.

Even the trans stuff with Chandlers dad is quite light hearted. I still laugh my fucking head off at "Amanda? Oh, I get it! A Man....duh!"