MLB/ Baseball Thread

GuitarPunk2512

Didn’t see an active mlb thread so I figured I’d start one. 

So, the Houston Astros won their first World Series last night. Congrats to them and their city, hopefully winning helps bring more people together as the city still recovers from the hurricane floods. 

Being a Mets fan, I don’t see much hope for my team going forward in 2018, probably another meh year of nothing ahead. At least that garbage trainer is gone.

Discuss anything you guys like to talk about associated with mlb or any level baseball (minors, independent, college, etc)

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Because you don't have to be an American to play in the MLB? Large percentage of immigrants from all over the world in MLB.

Fair enough but that's the same for pretty much all sports isn't it? the Premier League is full up of foreigners but it's still called the English Premier League. 

Not really a criticism, was more just wondering. 

1 minute ago, ...Dan... said:

Fair enough but that's the same for pretty much all sports isn't it? the Premier League is full up of foreigners but it's still called the English Premier League. 

Not really a criticism, was more just wondering. 

Probably was originally called that because no one played baseball anywhere else. So it was presumed to be a world championship since anyone who played it was in MLB

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Weird this thread is forgotten i thought baseball was the most followed sport on USA

I have a question: wich is the club with more fans in USA? I guess Yankees is at the top of the list? and also where would Cubs be on that list? Im a Cubs fan and have noticed there is a lot of em on every stadium

On 8/18/2018 at 9:29 PM, raw_sounds said:

Weird this thread is forgotten i thought baseball was the most followed sport on USA

I have a question: wich is the club with more fans in USA? I guess Yankees is at the top of the list? and also where would Cubs be on that list? Im a Cubs fan and have noticed there is a lot of em on every stadium

NFL is the most popular sport in the USA, followed by NBA. MLB fans tend to be a bit older male demographic, they are trying hardcore to appeal to younger fans.

Yankees are probably the most popular (comparable to Dallas Cowboy NFL fans which seem to be spread all over). Boston Red Sox, Chicago Cubs, Los Angeles Dodgers would be in the conversation. Ever since the Cubs won recently a bunch of bandwagon fans have came out of nowhere.

With 30 MLB teams spread across here (and 1 in Canada), most fans stick with whoever their nearest team is. I'm in the Midwest and most people are St. Louis Cardinals fans, or Chicago Cubs fans. If you live in New York, you're either die hard Yankees or die hard Mets, if you live in Cincinnati you're a Reds fan, etc. Baseball is my favorite sport, but I completely understand people thinking it's boring to watch, especially with attention spans these days.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...