Distillers Are Back

_Kyle_

40 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I had no idea they divorced. Brad Pitt is also going through the same thing (divorce + being accused of abusing his children) if I'm not mistaken?

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I had no idea they divorced. Brad Pitt is also going through the same thing (divorce + being accused of abusing his children) if I'm not mistaken?

did pitt-man ever "flick" his children? that's so specific it has to be true...

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Josh Homme has shared a lengthy statement regarding the singer-guitarist’s ongoing bitter custody battle with his ex-wife and Distillers founder Brody Dalle over the pair’s three children. It’s one of the few times the Queens of the Stone Age frontman has spoken on the situation since the dispute started after Homme and Dalle’s 2019 divorce. 

“In light of the continued falsehoods, the repeated invasions of the children’s privacy and the resulting emotional harm, it is time that the truth be told,” Homme said in his new statement. “Our hope is that this will end the enquiries and speculation and provide the family the privacy and consideration they deserve.”

For the past four years, the duo have been in a contentious court battle. Dalle had previously accused Homme of domestic violence and abuse, alleging that Homme had confessed to fantasizing about her murder and head-butted her hard enough that she “saw stars,”  while Dalle’s boyfriend Gunner Foxx had alleged that Homme threatened to throw him over a balcony at a Southern California mall on Christmas eve in 2021. 

Homme’s two sons had previously filed for temporary restraining orders from him in 2021, citing both physical and verbal abuse as well as driving under the influence, though the court denied those requests. Homme’s daughter was granted a temporary restraining order in 2021, and the order was eventually vacated in April 2022.

In the new statement, Homme claimed those restraining orders were filed by Foxx and claimed that Foxx forged Dalle’s signature. Homme also claimed that he and his two sons were granted a restraining order against Foxx last year. Reps for Homme had previously denied the allegations from Dalle.

Dalle and Homme had lodged several restraining orders against one another. In Homme’s new statement, he noted that Los Angeles Family Court had granted him a nearly two-year restraining order against Dalle after what Homme had said were recent actions from Dalle and Foxx that “have not only caused the children emotional harm, but have also put them in great danger.” The order also lists Homme’s two sons and his daughter as well as his father as protected people from Dalle. (Foxx and legal representatives for Dalle did not immediately respond to requests for comment.)

Homme said that in March 2022, Los Angeles Family Court granted custody of his children, and that “they are currently under the care of their father and paternal grandparents.” There will be a custody hearing this fall to determine a more permanent solution for custody, Homme said in his new statement. 

Dalle was sentenced to community service late in 2021 after being convicted of contempt when she failed to hand their then 5-year-old son to Homme, violating a court order. At the time, she defended the decision to Rolling Stone. “I’m relieved by the court’s decision. I don’t believe anyone should go to jail or pick up trash for protecting her children,” she said. “As a mother, I will always put my children first and protect them at all costs.”

In his statement, Homme said he hopes for a solution where he and Dalle “can co-parent their children peacefully.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/josh-homme-statement-custody-battle-brody-dalle-1234704929/

The majority of the band members I’ve ever met at festivals have smelled like weed/cigs/alcohol…that’s a nothing burger…

Break ups with custody battles always suck….extra especially if even one parent doesn’t have the best interest of the KID(s) at heart. Over the years I’ve had the misfortune of watching a few too closely & it’s REALLY hard to tell, from the outside, who is being the AH. I have no idea in this situation, but I hope the kids are alright. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, High Value Man said:

2003- Lollapalooza. Distillers did a meet and greet in the tent. I was there. She smelled like pot and cigarettes' and just looked trashy. Even the 21 year old me was like "gross".

Wow, to think that a musician would smell like pot and cigarettes. The horror! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, High Value Man said:

I don't know what to believe. Homme seems like a violent POS mess of a man, so trying to make it seem like he did nothing is suspect.

But she also seems like a mess.

So seems like they stepped in it. Hopefully they do whats right for the kids. 

You trying to call another man a mess is rich. I respect a violent man (not against women or children) a hell of a lot more than an internet dweeb like you who only talks shit online and would never have the gull to say shit in person. 

11 minutes ago, ShitcanJan said:

And then Tim Armstrong cucked her by putting his dick in your mouth?

This doesn't make any sense.

3 minutes ago, ShitcanJan said:

You trying to call another man a mess is rich. I respect a violent man (not against women or children) a hell of a lot more than an internet dweeb like you who only talks shit online and would never have the gull to say shit in person. 

You like a guy who kicked a woman in the face at a show for no reason? Who uses homophobic slurs?

You are slacking with your trolls.

4 minutes ago, High Value Man said:

This doesn't make any sense.

You like a guy who kicked a woman in the face at a show for no reason? Who uses homophobic slurs?

You are slacking with your trolls.

It does make sense. Tim Armstrong was her husband at the time, and if we’re just making up stories like you, let’s make them fun! 

don’t know too much about Josh Homme and don’t care about him. You talking down on people for being “violent” is funny, because all you do is talk shit online. You’re a little keyboard warrior dork and that’s all you’ll ever be 

30 minutes ago, ShitcanJan said:

It does make sense. Tim Armstrong was her husband at the time, and if we’re just making up stories like you, let’s make them fun! 

don’t know too much about Josh Homme and don’t care about him. You talking down on people for being “violent” is funny, because all you do is talk shit online. You’re a little keyboard warrior dork and that’s all you’ll ever be 

Still makes no sense how I am a cuck in that situation. Tim/Brody/Josh/ Oliver? What are you smoking Ditty?

Talking down about a guy who kicked a woman in the face?

Can you at least try to stay on topic or do you have to follow me everywhere with your nonsense?

1 minute ago, High Value Man said:

Still makes no sense how I am a cuck in that situation. Tim/Brody/Josh/ Oliver? What are you smoking Ditty?

Talking down about a guy who kicked a woman in the face?

Can you at least try to stay on topic or do you have to follow me everywhere with your nonsense?

How dumb are you? You made up a story about her asking if you wanted a dirty bitch. That’s not anymore far fetched than what I said. You really, really, and I mean really, need to lay off the percs. You have zero critical thinking ability. When you wanna do that IQ test?