Looking to buy - Blink Shortbus w/letter of hope!

Hellwing

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 2:00 PM, Hellwing said:

Yes mate have tried FB and Instagram users but struggling, have alerts set on eBay and have been looking for around a year or so but no luck so wondering if anyone on here may be able to help ??;D

two of them recently changed hands on the collectors pages. you just have to hang out and wait.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ghent said:

You used to be able to get Short Bus on ebay for $150-$200 back in the day.

Anyone remember when TCTCU blue vinyls were actually rare? Then suddenly I guess they printed thousands of them and made them all worthless.

I did find it weird that this little release I had hardly heard/seen very often was suddenly EVERYWHERE.  Was odd.

the only ones that are rare are the original blue and black pressings. same with the original black and yellow lemmings records. you can tell which ones are original because the name of the pressing plant (Golden) is etched in to the matrices. the represses were done somewhere else and won't say "Golden." just ask the sellers to check that before buying. 

Mine is definitely an original. I'll have to check for that though. Is there even a market for the originals anymore?

I remember buying it, viewing it more as an investment. Never thought they would be repressed to such an extreme level.

i think the reason the cost of original blink  vinyl pressings has gone down is due to ignorance of buyers, which is great imo because i no longer have to spend crazy money to get them. people are so hung up on getting the different colors and versions of new represses that they don't even think to look for the very original ones. they might not even know they exist. so, they fly under the radar.  

2 hours ago, Kevin. said:

i think the reason the cost of original blink  vinyl pressings has gone down is due to ignorance of buyers, which is great imo because i no longer have to spend crazy money to get them. people are so hung up on getting the different colors and versions of new represses that they don't even think to look for the very original ones. they might not even know they exist. so, they fly under the radar.  

Yeah, that is true. I just hope there actually is something to distinguish mine from the reprints. 

5 hours ago, Ghent said:

I'd like a yellow copy of Lemmings, but I'm trigger shy because of what happened on Uranus. The minute I buy it some rando company will get printing rights and shit out 1,000 of them.

If you didn't know, there were 5 new variants (red, yellow, gold, blue, and I think black) pressed in 2014 for lemmings. But that will probably bring down the price of that original yellow one you want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, geauxwildcats said:

If you didn't know, there were 5 new variants (red, yellow, gold, blue, and I think black) pressed in 2014 for lemmings. But that will probably bring down the price of that original yellow one you want.

Please don't speak directly to Ghent, he owns this place now ... Show some respect.

Instead post a comment free of direct quotes and if he honors you with a reply then you may proceed.

• Haha 1