Blink's Biggest Cringe Moment?

Meltdown Tracker

13 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

Not necessarily a cringe moment, but it felt weird seeing this (at 7:46) especially knowing that Tom and Mark hated each other and that the chemistry wasn't there anymore

Damn Mark had such a good live voice here.  Tom was funny as shit and still had decent guitar tone.  Also miss how they had that signature style before they got boring wearing tighter jeans and stuff.

• Like 1

I cringed once when Mark publicly mocked everything's magic during the reunion tour. It was supposed to be all in fun but there was some venom underneath it. I remember thinking it was a shot below the belt. Tom never ragged on +44 or even blink w/Skiba music. That said, it was kinda funny and true and Tom kinda rolled with the punches in his drunken state.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, vic vinegar said:

I cringed once when Mark publicly mocked everything's magic during the reunion tour. It was supposed to be all in fun but there was some venom underneath it. I remember thinking it was a shot below the belt. Tom never ragged on +44 or even blink w/Skiba music. That said, it was kinda funny and true and Tom kinda rolled with the punches in his drunken state.

that’s one of my fav post reunion moments lol 

2 hours ago, Nshesaid said:

Damn Mark had such a good live voice here.  Tom was funny as shit and still had decent guitar tone.  Also miss how they had that signature style before they got boring wearing tighter jeans and stuff.

i guess lookin back they weren’t too old to try and fit in and wear tight jeans and shit but i always cringed at that too 

4 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Not necessarily a cringe moment, but it felt weird seeing this (at 7:46) especially knowing that Tom and Mark hated each other and that the chemistry wasn't there anymore

Love that show btw. 

I think they had a bunch of moments like that especially in 04. Interesting to look back on. Ive always wanted to listen to every bootleg from that time period. Even though they cut out a lot of banter, theres more of those angry/annoyed moments from both of them

10 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

I was initially thinking this to post too, but didn't know which show. It's so awkward.

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

that’s one of my fav post reunion moments lol

I mean yeah, it was funny. And true. And Tom wore that Love shirt every night so he had it coming. But shit, I was kinda laughing nervously wondering: does this mean their friends again like the old days or was there some resentment there?

6 hours ago, knapton said:

Think thats just Skiba not having much creativity when it comes to riffs or is it Feldman pushing that on them and thinking its a good idea. 

I guess both.

In AK3 -and it's something lots of people don't have in count- Derek (the drummer) has A LOT to say in terms of songwriting, also Dan, of course. I mean, Derek and Dan, they both, actually, write guitar parts. I think I said it once: All On Black (Good Mourning) was a Derek song, the whole thing. And that riff is really good.

So my point is: take off Tom fom the trio (who was the main force behind the guitar, even if he just changed his guitar style on the recent years and blah blah), hire a guy to play in his place, and then the trending punkpop/pop producer who writes, at least, the 25% of the record and you get what you get.

Also, speaking again about the 'first thought is the best tought' that Skiba said on that article, I think is bullshit. Or, at least, really different when it comes to compare how Finn understood it, and how Feldy understands it. I mean, you can go literally on the 'first thought' philosophy by taking for good the first thing you come up with (not caring if it's good enough or not) -it looks like Feldy-, or you can go on that same approach inside a previous selection of ideas -Finn-.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ghost said:

I guess both.

In AK3 -and it's something lots of people don't have in count- Derek (the drummer) has A LOT to say in terms of songwriting, also Dan, of course. I mean, Derek and Dan, they both, actually, write guitar parts. I think I said it once: All On Black (Good Mourning) was a Derek song, the whole thing. And that riff is really good.

So my point is: take off Tom fom the trio (who was the main force behind the guitar, even if he just changed his guitar style on the recent years and blah blah), hire a guy to play in his place, and then the trending punkpop/pop producer who writes, at least, the 25% of the record and you get what you get.

Also, speaking again about the 'first thought is the best tought' that Skiba said on that article, I think is bullshit. Or, at least, really different when it comes to compare how Finn understood it, and how Feldy understands it. I mean, you can go literally on the 'first thought' philosophy by taking for good the first thing you come up with (not caring if it's good enough or not) -it looks like Feldy-, or you can go on that same approach inside a previous selection of ideas -Finn-.

I think it's more likely that Finn's 'First thought' shits all over Feldy's 'first thought' and here we are. 

• Like 1