Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

30 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

He’s probably scouring the internet for pix of Blink VIP/Tom book signings to send you. Honest sellers don’t get offended and start adding to the “story”... I’ve seen this happen over and over again. 

right I was just telling you he is claiming they are real...that's why tom is in silver on all of them cause that's how he signs now. the vip meet and greet blink will sign whatever you want...not sure about toms book signings

Well of course he will say that. He’s not going to tell you his friend Jimbo signed them in the basement. He had several Tom vinyl and got greedy and started having full “band signed ones” - Blink also had not toured with proper Meet & Greets in the recent past before he listed them... imagine that. Also if you had true “proof pix” why not post them immediately (watermark them if you’re scared people will steal them)? No brainer to post them if you have them.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Well of course he will say that. He’s not going to tell you his friend Jimbo signed them in the basement. He had several Tom vinyl and got greedy and started having full “band signed ones” - Blink also had not toured with proper Meet & Greets in the recent past before he listed them... imagine that. Also if you had true “proof pix” why not post them immediately (watermark them if you’re scared people will steal them)? No brainer to post them if you have them.

New message from: rain-mcca (1,110)

I've met Tom twice and was able to get multiples signed. I have a picture with him but did not take photos of him signing. I've met Mark and Travis as well as Matt Skiba quite a few more times at various signings and meet & greets. I'm not willing to put my photos of me with them on eBay as proof. That's why I get my items authenticated through the best companies such JSA, BAS and occasionally PSA. I leave it up to the professionals to deem the items authentic. I'm sorry If you don't feel comfortable bidding. That's 100% fair and understandable. Any other questions or concerns, feel free to ask. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

You were right...damn you good bro! I want to smash this asshole! I am going to buy one of his things and get it legit tested then NEGATIVE HIM! WATCH!

The signatures always tell the story. Always. And sadly they will get away with it on these, as the clueless Beckett “authenticators” deemed it authentic. 

• Like 1

With these AVA meet n greets coming up, what is the ettique? Can you bring outside items in to get signed? Just one item? Is there anything he wouldnt sign? I assume u might get stuck holding onto the item for the entire concert? Are they usually an hour before doors open, or much earlier in the afternoon? How long does it last total before ur kicked out?

@Marik not really sure, curious myself. Has been awhile since AVA M&Gs... we’ll find out once a few people experience and post about it. 

Hoping I can get 2-3 things signed and be able to run it out to my car before we get let back in. (Blink VIP let us do this). I def wouldn’t try to get 5+ and I wouldn’t think he’d care about any Blink/BCR stuff, as long as you don’t bust out a Cali cd to sign like a moron lol.

If there’s no re-entry, I usually just bring the CD sleeves in a ziploc that has a piece of cardboard in it, and wear one of those small drawstring backpacks to keep it in all night.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

@Marik not really sure, curious myself. Has been awhile since AVA M&Gs... we’ll find out once a few people experience and post about it. 

Hoping I can get 2-3 things signed and be able to run it out to my car before we get let back in. (Blink VIP let us do this). I def wouldn’t try to get 5+ and I wouldn’t think he’d care about any Blink/BCR stuff, as long as you don’t bust out a Cali cd to sign like a moron lol.

If there’s no re-entry, I usually just bring the CD sleeves in a ziploc that has a piece of cardboard in it, and wear one of those small drawstring backpacks to keep it in all night.

LOL at the CALI...I would be assuming (if I was him) to limit/not at all signing blink things. But, I've never met Tom....Mark...Trav....and Matt are cool as shit! To be honest Tom is a wacko but, we need his sigs for our pieces lol. Matt sings and plays LIVE 10000000000000000000000000 times better than Tom in '99.

3 hours ago, Marik said:

With these AVA meet n greets coming up, what is the ettique? Can you bring outside items in to get signed? Just one item? Is there anything he wouldnt sign? I assume u might get stuck holding onto the item for the entire concert? Are they usually an hour before doors open, or much earlier in the afternoon? How long does it last total before ur kicked out?

You'll get 15 mins. if you're lucky to split with 10-20 people...THEN elbow your way back and forth to front row for the restroom or drinks depending on if you carry a full bladder (aka byob/alc). I've done many "ADVENTURES IN WONDERLAND" not a blink but, I hear they are all the same. They let all the floor tickets rush in the pit when the concert starts. A WASTE OF A $1000 ($500 each) IF YOU DON'T GET EVERYTHING YOU CAN SIGNED!

Would appreciate some input on this one! 

I bought this on eBay in 2002 or 2003. I can’t remember how much it was, but I was only around 12/13 years old at the time, so I doubt it was very much. Grown-up me would never make such a risky purchase.

I’m having a tough time deciphering the signatures and whether or not they match up with the 2001/2002 era. I’m assuming that’s when it was signed given the release date of MTTS and the rough time period that I bought it. Some details seem consistent, others not so much. The blue pen seems weird?

Not a huge bummer if its fake, it seems too good to be true given how neat the signatures are, but it’s an interesting piece if it’s real. I have couple of items that are for sure real so I will cling to those!

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide some insight! And a huge thank you for the info at the top of this thread, such an interesting resource. 

Also, hi, I’ve lurked for like two decades.

Blinklores.jpg

@ebayscammakilla

You are new at this, so let me help you out. The forgeries are all over the place man. The majority of the stuff on ebay is faked. People make a living out of this stuff. People will go to all kinds of great lengths to sell their forged shit. Complete with crazy stories, worthless certificates of authenticity (anyone can print out a piece of paper),  photoshopped proof pics, and on and on. Some people will spend months or even years, practicing over and over signatures, to try to get them down perfectly.

Its also something that isn't regulated. Meaning you could run a forgery shop out of your house and there is virtually no chance you will get prosecuted.

Yes, the guy got them authenticated by someone with a good reputation. But they don't have the experience of looking at this stuff like @Ry-Bread does. They got duped by good forgeries.

BTW, I don't think Roger Epperson has a family. I semi know the guy. Met him at conventions. So if thats his "father".....that is most likely just another

LIE.

But in the end Ry bread nailed it.  There is always one thing that can't lie. Those are the signatures. They will always tell you the truth if you just learn how to listen.

• Like 1

https://www.rareandsigned.com/

This entire site is a business of selling well executed forgeries. Every so often they have something authentic, probably by accident. But they got dudes, who do good forgeries for a living.

These guys screw thousands of people out of probably millions of dollars. Everyone knows. Nothing is ever done.

I am not new to autos just blink since they are so random hints why I made this account. I am proficient in Nascar however rarely offer advice. I can try to compare many others by eye since I have many many confirmed sigs of everyone from Dale Sr. to Jimi Hendrix.

4 minutes ago, ebayscammakilla said:

I am not new to autos just blink since they are so random hints why I made this account. I am proficient in Nascar however rarely offer advice. I can try to compare many others by eye since I have many many confirmed sigs of everyone from Dale Sr. to Jimi Hendrix.

Okay, cool. Then I am not sure why you didn't see the fault in telling me and Ry Bread that we didn't know what we were talking about simply because the dude told you he had proof pics (which he didn't have).

Yes the BAS cert helps, but again, how well does BAS actually know Blink 182 sigs? I can guarantee the examples they have were probably taken from Ry Breads signature study to begin with and if not, what they have is not as good as what he has. Nor do they have as much experience with the stuff.

25 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Okay, cool. Then I am not sure why you didn't see the fault in telling me and Ry Bread that we didn't know what we were talking about simply because the dude told you he had proof pics (which he didn't have).

Yes the BAS cert helps, but again, how well does BAS actually know Blink 182 sigs? I can guarantee the examples they have were probably taken from Ry Breads signature study to begin with and if not, what they have is not as good as what he has. Nor do they have as much experience with the stuff.

He lied to me saying he had pics and the COA...I would have believe that. Then he backed out...with his feedback you'd think someone would have got a second opinion on some shit he has sold. Something is going on because, it seems like anything worth a shit that someone might want is "fake". I've emailed that Roger Epp guy with pics of that CD and I will post his response.