Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

10 hours ago, Thibaut182 said:

Original signatures of Tom, Mark and Scott from 1993

no, that's from the name change. which was official august 3, 1995. so that letter dates to late july, most likely (as the legal paperwork was signed on aug 3).

• Like 2
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ebayscammakilla said:

He lied to me saying he had pics and the COA...I would have believe that. Then he backed out...with his feedback you'd think someone would have got a second opinion on some shit he has sold. Something is going on because, it seems like anything worth a shit that someone might want is "fake". I've emailed that Roger Epp guy with pics of that CD and I will post his response.

Epperson will tell you they are real. Because that's what Epperson does with all his stuff he verifies. He stands behind it. You could throw all kinds of logic at him and he won't listen. I've been down that road with him.

Again, he is a good authenticator, but he is not without mistakes.

@ebayscammakilla

Have a look at his fake vs the real deal.

In #1, why is the first line in the "M" lower? That never happens on real ones.

In #2, why doesn't the line in the "M" make a loop? In real examples it always does.

Why is the "M" separate from the rest of the signature in the fake example?

#3, why is the loop a circle in the fake example? Never happens in the real example. I could go on and on and on and on.

Cmon man. Just look at this stuff. You don't need COAs or other bullshit stories. The signatures don't lie.

blinksig.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

@ebayscammakilla

You own a Hendrix? I hope you didn't get FUCKED. His stuff is heavily forged and well executed and worth about $4000 just for his signature on a piece of paper. I hope you did your homework dude.

Yup I own a Hendrix bought from heritage auctions house. Here's the email I got today:

To whom it may concern,

The signatures on the blink 182 CD sent to me to be examined are not authentic. I can offer you a discount on other examinations but, my fees are set.

Thanks, 

RogE

Like Rybread said. Its a bad fake. I don't think they are intentionally passing off a fake; they just don't know.

You'd be surprised. I've seen signed guitars at hard rock cafe complete with fake autographs. The forgery business has no limits.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

that heart foundation is lyin?

In this instance they probably have no clue and just got this donated/consigned/etc, but it is absolute garbage.

• Like 1

that's... unfortunate. I wonder if they could ever verify it.

4 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

that's... unfortunate. I wonder if they could ever verify it.

The only real "verification" in the autograph world is a COA from one of the 3 main trusted "authentication companies" (PSA/DNA, JSA, and Beckett). You have to pay 2 way shipping, along with a certain fee for one of their "experts" to say it's real and put their sticker on it. The problem is on most items the cost of authentication outweighs the cost of the piece. It would cost probably ~$75 to get that book "authenticated". Even an authentic version of that may not sell for that much...so then you would LOSE money by the time you add in eBay fees/shipping costs.

Also, regardless of which company you choose, you are paying for some random guy's "opinion" and they magically pretend they know the autograph of every single athlete/musician/celebrity in existence. It's impossible, so in most instances they just use their best guess. As you can imagine, stuff slips through the cracks. Obviously big time names like Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Hendrix, etc. have experts and they usually get it right, but someone like Blink/AVA/Transplants/etc. they just google it and guess IMHO. I think they are trying their best, but if you don't look at this stuff all the time you can be fooled very easily.

All 3 top authentication companies just guess on Blink stuff, which is part of why I felt the need to document this stuff properly so that collectors can be informed. Always go by the autograph, not the paperwork that comes with it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The only real "verification" in the autograph world is a COA from one of the 3 main trusted "authentication companies" (PSA/DNA, JSA, and Beckett). You have to pay 2 way shipping, along with a certain fee for one of their "experts" to say it's real and put their sticker on it. The problem is on most items the cost of authentication outweighs the cost of the piece. It would cost probably ~$75 to get that book "authenticated". Even an authentic version of that may not sell for that much...so then you would LOSE money by the time you add in eBay fees/shipping costs.

Also, regardless of which company you choose, you are paying for some random guy's "opinion" and they magically pretend they know the autograph of every single athlete/musician/celebrity in existence. It's impossible, so in most instances they just use their best guess. As you can imagine, stuff slips through the cracks. Obviously big time names like Michael Jackson, Bob Dylan, Hendrix, etc. have experts and they usually get it right, but someone like Blink/AVA/Transplants/etc. they just google it and guess IMHO. I think they are trying their best, but if you don't look at this stuff all the time you can be fooled very easily.

All 3 top authentication companies just guess on Blink stuff, which is part of why I felt the need to document this stuff properly so that collectors can be informed. Always go by the autograph, not the paperwork that comes with it. 

Damn so you think/know it's fake....Mark looks ok it's travis and tom that I think looks funny. let's message them lol.

1 minute ago, ebayscammakilla said:

Damn so you think/know it's fake....Mark looks ok it's travis and tom that I think looks funny. let's message them lol.

Wouldn't even message them, just "report" it on eBay and move on. There are tens of thousands of forgeries sold on eBay every day man, it sucks, but it won't stop. It's why true collectors need to do their homework/research before blowing money on a piece.

Just now, Ry-Bread said:

Wouldn't even message them, just "report" it on eBay and move on. There are tens of thousands of forgeries sold on eBay every day man, it sucks, but it won't stop. It's why true collectors need to do their homework/research before blowing money on a piece.

Yeah...I was just going to ask where they got it but, you're right.

Maybe I just have a "knack" for it. But I can look at Ry Breads study for about 30 mins- an hour, and pretty much tell the good from the shit. Its not really that tough. Not bragging, since its his study, which is the hardest part of the entire process, but I am saying this to prove that you are your own best authentication service. Do you homework, study real examples, find out the word on the street. Who is forging, and what do they look like compared to real examples. Who is selling the shit, and who is reputable.

Mistakes will still happen. But if you do that, I can tell you,. you can just be just as good as PSA/JSA or any of that bullshit. Because truth be told, there is no magic to what they do. They are doing the same exact thing I just described above.

The only thing that makes them different, is that they managed to build a reputation, and so the stuff they can authenticate holds a higher value. Which is really the only reason I'd ever use them. As an example, I own something signed that I know is real but is not authenticated by them. But its one of those that will skyrocket in value if it was. So if I go to sell it I'll get their sticker slapped on it.