Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

On 6/27/2019 at 10:06 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Dude Ranch vinyl signed by Mark and Scott !

This is actually mine ;) and yes it's 100% real. I got the whole discography signed on vinyl. Mark signed when I met him backstage in Echo Arena Liverpool in 2017 and Scott signed in 2017 too when he played with "the Wraith" at the Echo in Los Angeles. I also got multiple witnesses for both signings :D I even got a written conformation from "the Wraith" that Scott definitely signed it. I wish he would've signed with his full name though. I posted my signed vinyls in here before I guess :)

• Love 1

On 6/27/2019 at 2:42 PM, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I believe it's authentic, still don't know why Scott would shorten his sig after all these years. He didn't do it on "The Wraith" signed posters/CDs, almost wonder if he did it out of annoyance on blink items. You'd think he'd be excited to get asked for an autograph at this point. That will be a sick piece of he ever adds Tom.

That's my plan to add Tom. Still need his signature on a couple items :P

On 5/20/2018 at 10:55 PM, hendrvh said:

@Ry-Bread btw, I got some Scott graphs you can add to your list. 

Pretty disappointing imo but 100% legit. Got him to sign at a the wraith gig last year.

also got dude, Cat and greatest hits signed by him.

09C06B97-0330-4E81-ABB9-1F5184F337E1.jpeg

Yeah, I posted it in here last year :D 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Did you get those signed personally? I’d like to see some clearer/closer pictures of the signatures. 

These were obtained online back in 2000. The guitar came with a "BS" COA and a photo of Tom signing the guitar (I no longer have) I see some similarities in the signatures but also some iffiness.. but for the time period these were gotten, I feel it could go either way. 

20190714_113449.jpg

20190714_113457.jpg

20190714_113502.jpg

The American Pie cover is in a display so close photos are hard to get.  Also the first photo I attached is from a program I got signed in person back in 2000 at a TOYPAJ meet and greet. Thought It was a somewhat different Tom signature that you do not see much of. I also noticed the "T" on the program is very exact to the "T" on the guitar. I should post the "Mark" autograph on the program too because it looks pretty damn exact to the "Mark" on the guitar. 

20190712_222817.jpg

20190714_113549.jpg

20190714_113602.jpg

20190714_113634.jpg

Cool thanks, I want to compare to some examples I have from that time period tomorrow. I’ve only seen a few “travis 182” so those would be rare examples but were indeed early 99’ as he was figuring out his autograph. 

I like the guitar more than I do the album (especially Mark) but I need to do some more comparisons when I get to my exemplars. Thanks for sharing!!!

Ok, an absolute "Holy Grail" type pick-up for me. If you've read the thread, you know that I have been tracking this stuff for a long time and how rare full band signed BCR stuff is. It literally took me 6-7 years to come across ONE cd signed by the full band, in the correct time period, and I search for this stuff daily. I can count the number of authentic BCR fully band signed items I have seen on one hand.

My jaw nearly hit the floor when I saw these 2 items:

gIgOqFr.jpg

...and I could barely sleep until I worked out a deal for them!!! Full band signed BCR CD and DVD signed in 2002 in Chicago:

Trav was using his "t$" signature at this time, and Tom with the "TD BCR" sig. Also signed by David Kennedy and Anthony Celestino. 

O9tI25L.jpg

DVD signed at the same time, 3 on the front:

eA7KMOF.jpg

Trav on the back (I don't know why he signed the back, but in the one other example I have of this DVD signed, he also signed the back of that):

lZLwrOQ.jpg

As far as BCR stuff goes, it really gets no better than this. So stoked to add these to the collection.

• Like 2

I had a feeling it was you who worked the deal out with the guy, because I was trying to bid on it and it just disappeared lol 

2 hours ago, Kelso55 said:

I had a feeling it was you who worked the deal out with the guy, because I was trying to bid on it and it just disappeared lol 

Lol sorry, there's no way I was going to be able to sit there and watch that for 9 days...

1 hour ago, Marik said:

Congrats on the score.

If u dont mind, How much those 2 cost you Ry?

Thanks, I kept going up until I gave him an offer he couldn't refuse. Over $100, but less than $200. 

U've probly answered it before somewhere in here, but whats ur 1 single most favorite signed item in ur collection?

10 minutes ago, Marik said:

U've probly answered it before somewhere in here, but whats ur 1 single most favorite signed item in ur collection?

+44 Vinyl signed “To Ryan” from both Mark/Trav!

2 minutes ago, Kelso55 said:

Did you get a chance to compare the guitar yet?

I did. I spent a good 30-40 minutes comparing and the thing that bothers me is there are just no signs of speed on any of the signatures really. But, it looks like it was signed in paint pen which could contribute to this, as you have to sign a bit slower. 

There are things I like about all 3 sigs, and then things that bother me. I have very few examples of Travis signing remotely close to that way, so his is a bit moot. Mark I actually like the most, and feel it would be very hard for a forger to pull that off that accurately. I just usually see way more signs of speed in this era, especially from Tom. I have some comparisons I can show you at some point, even on guitars.

If held at gunpoint, I would lean towards authentic, but I want to continue looking at it. It very well may be an amazing piece, it’s just one I am not comfortable giving a full declaration on either way at this time. It’s a piece that if I saw out in the wild, I would likely be uncomfortable enough to pass, but may be willing to take the gamble at the right price. I know you already own it, so that doesn’t help, which is why I want to be extremely confident before declaring it bad/good in my opinion.

The fun part about this project is I am constantly finding new examples, so hopefully I come across some stuff signed in 1999 that matches these signatures more closely and can re-examine.