Blink-182 Signature Study

Ry-Bread

31 minutes ago, Dave Goldman said:

Yeah those look way off but, again I have seen them sign so much shit it's hard to even tell to be honest thanks for the info.

Yeah, my bad. Now he will adjust his forgeries.

Its a shame we can't have a discussion here without these forgers using info.

But I firmly believe that its not possible to create perfect forgeries. I bet any adjustments will be easily spotted.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I still think it might be worth it to have a private section to discuss some of this stuff, where regular posters here can get good advice, but scammers can't abuse it.

I am starting to agree. Basically what we have here is a guy scamming people out of thousands of dollars with fake posters using info he has collected from this thread to try and perfect his forgeries. I got had for about $70 which I am still trying to fight.

Plus this guy is resorting to sick tactics of posing as a collector to try and get us to buy his junk. He actually acted upset that I outbid him on one of his fake posters only to turn around and over me more of the junk.

I don't like hiding this thread, but thats not good.

• Crab 1

I just hate to punish the true collectors just because of a few dirtbags...and lets be honest this thread doesn’t get too many posts in it (other than me and Oliver) so hiding it deeper would make it no man’s land. Forgers will always be “listening” and practicing their craft somehow, and scammers gonna scam so just would hate for them to “win” so to speak.

It’s best to beat them by having the information freely available, exposing them, and to just be cautious of new posters. I’ve been dealing with these clowns on other autograph sites for a decade, they’re pretty easy to spot. It’s a huge part of why I very rarely point out specifics on forgeries vs authentics. I am always available via PM if people I trust want to discuss deeper.

So idk...even making it “member only” wouldn’t solve anything, forgers would just sign up and we’d never know.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Yawn....lies.

"Mr Goldman". Has also been known to go by..... Mr Ebayscamkiller.

I swear these forgers have no limits on what they will do. Its scary. I am curious how he will adjust his fake posters now though.

Banned.

ipstuff.jpg

I wondered if it was that low life!!! Makes sense though.. dude can't stay away from making a dollar 

13 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I just hate to punish the true collectors just because of a few dirtbags...and lets be honest this thread doesn’t get too many posts in it (other than me and Oliver) so hiding it deeper would make it no man’s land. Forgers will always be “listening” and practicing their craft somehow, and scammers gonna scam so just would hate for them to “win” so to speak.

It’s best to beat them by having the information freely available, exposing them, and to just be cautious of new posters. I’ve been dealing with these clowns on other autograph sites for a decade, they’re pretty easy to spot. It’s a huge part of why I very rarely point out specifics on forgeries vs authentics. I am always available via PM if people I trust want to discuss deeper.

So idk...even making it “member only” wouldn’t solve anything, forgers would just sign up and we’d never know.

@Ry-Bread Keeping being the man!! I also like to direct message Ryan if I have any questions about autos too!

• Love 1

@Ry-Bread is a legend and I'm trusting every observation regarding any blink signatures and his point of view on them too !

He's a massive source of knowledge especially regarding the signatures 😃 

6 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

So I already discussed this with Ry Bread.....but I now own this amazing piece.

So very rare to have any album signed by the original lineup, but to have vinyl? Could be the only one or one of a few.

Its a shame it is dedicated to someone. But I will get over it.

Wow amazing piece ! great example of a Scott signature too !

Do you have any information on when that signature dates from ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thibaut182 said:

@Ry-Bread is a legend and I'm trusting every observation regarding any blink signatures and his point of view on them too !

He's a massive source of knowledge especially regarding the signatures 😃 

Wow amazing piece ! great example of a Scott signature too !

Do you have any information on when that signature dates from ?

Thanks! The guy in the auction said 1997. Part of a radio promotion giveaway.

But I do think the Tom and Mark signatures do point to later 97 or early 98. Its not the old Half "T" Tom Blink. He is starting to get all fancy 1999 with his signature. Mark same stuff, his A and K are starting to take on later attributes. (Ry Bread concurred)

• Like 2

Absolutely amazing piece, the first Dude Ranch vinyl signed in that era I have ever seen!!! Yes the personalization knocks it a tad, but we’re talking a level of scarcity where it barely matters. (Babe Ruth stuff is this way, sometimes even goes for more since it’s more handwriting)

As I’m sure @daveyjones would confirm, I highly doubt anyone was carrying these Grilled Cheese vinyl around to shows/festivals during late 1997/early 1998 hoping to get it signed. So it would almost have to be a promotional piece, like this one is.

I am away from my exemplars at the moment but as Oliver just said, would appear to be later 1997/earlier 1998 as Tom had switched his T. Pretty amazing time period as ish was about to hit the fan with Scott, and still before they were huge. Truly a sick piece of blink history. 

(This makes me want to do a “Top 10” Blink pieces each year of some sort) 

• Love 2

So @Donald Trump's Bulge per the comprehensive timeline, blink played Montana (where seller said it was from) on September 19, 1997 in Bozeman, and Feb 17, 1998 in Missoula. There’s the window as predicted!!! And if the seller is still in the correct location, the Bozeman show was closer so likely promo for that, which aligns with his memory of it being 1997!

• Like 2