Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

Here is a classic example of someone scribbling on their old EOTS CD and trying to sell it as "signed" on eBay. This is an obvious forgery, listed at $30 BIN in hopes of scamming some sucker real quick and turning a $1 CD into $30.

HFrAJ7S.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks to Jeff Forest for putting this very rare gem !

Original receipts from the recording sessions of Cheshire Cat along with Mark's signature in 1994 !

36696297_10213243110016443_2644142202841

36748681_10213243110176447_7298504304812

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Fossisle said:

Hey Ryan

Once again I turn to you. Toms signature on this one has me concerned. Real or fake? 

s-l400.jpg

That's authentic, late 2002ish/or super early 2003ish. Mark was just about done signing that way, Travis had just flipped the "R" and was adding flair to the "t", and Tom had just ditched "Tom Blink" and was going with "TD". Awesome piece signed on the front which is rare for TOYPAJ, if you pass I would be interested.

Here is a similar example from late 2002, Trav goes with the short sig here but the flair was added:

1adxC4f.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Here is a similar example from late 2002, Trav goes with the short sig here but the flair was added:

I assume that's a typo since the photo shoot that pic is from didn't occur until like mid-2003?

1 hour ago, Patient #48273 said:

I assume that's a typo since the photo shoot that pic is from didn't occur until like mid-2003?

"Late 2002ish" is what I had noted when I saved the photo purely based on my judgement of the signatures, if this photo shoot was indeed mid 2003 then that helps solidify the earliest date this could've been signed. Thanks!

• Like 1

On 2018-07-10 at 5:50 AM, Ry-Bread said:

That's authentic, late 2002ish/or super early 2003ish. Mark was just about done signing that way, Travis had just flipped the "R" and was adding flair to the "t", and Tom had just ditched "Tom Blink" and was going with "TD". Awesome piece signed on the front which is rare for TOYPAJ, if you pass I would be interested.

1adxC4f.png

Thanks Ryan. You're the best. I really appreciate your help.  Everything I've ever bought I've relied on your expertise.  

I've been looking for a fully signed TOYPAJ I can afford for two years, so I grabbed this one.  Stoked to see it arrive in the mail. 

Enjoy your summer buddy, and thanks again. 

Steve

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 1:50 PM, Ry-Bread said:

1adxC4f.png

I remember being at Leeds fest 2003 and going to the NME signing tent to try and meet them. Earlier in the day they gave out 150 of theses as meet and greet passes. I was bummed as I could see them signing but I hadn't a ticket. Should be around August 2003 if this is the same event

• Like 1

@Thibaut182 I don’t have any Jerry Finn exemplars on file, but that is something I may start doing. I’ve just never really came across any.

Tom signed most of these super crazy, wouldn’t surprise me if he wrote “Jerry” as a “Tom & Jerry” type joke, where people would be expecting “Tom”. Mark/Tom are definitely authentic. 

• Like 1

Cool example of Tom adding a "BCR" inscription on a Boxcar Racer album, hadn't seen this before as signed BCR CDs are very rare. Both of these were signed at a 2008 AVA Meet & Greet. As you can see, Tom is usually very aware of what is being signed and will cater his autograph to the particular item:

9InLJI1.jpg

• Like 2

That's really cool that Mark made up for the smudged autograph, I've seen him draw that little troll face before lol.

Matt's signature isn't really 2 completely different ones, he just gets on a roll and his execution gets sloppy. It's essentially a heart, then "MS". Sometimes looks more like HEART M, sometimes has the cross line finish, some not.