Blink-182 Signature Study

12 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Get over yourself, Ry. It's a message board, we are allowed to have fun and say stupid shit. I didn't say anything remotely offensive to the guy, I didn't make fun of him, I didn't give him a hard time. I gave my standard "pickle" response I give everytime someone new comes on and mentions gear/memorabilia. Usually, it just so happens they're my currency ... 

It puts people off, and Ry has been doing really well with the Insta and the podcast and interacting with fans, so actually he has a right to be funny about it. 

We don't want the board to die, and while a lot of us like to mock and have fun, it is confusing for new comers and can easily drive them away. 

Maybe just don't post that crap in the more hardcore blink threads like this and the other memorabilia / history / collector type ones? 

@Ghent

• Crab 1
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over the past several years, I have been compiling authentic exemplars, and working hard to put them within a specific date range. This gives us a nice way of seeing how the band's signatures have loo

I just hate to punish the true collectors just because of a few dirtbags...and lets be honest this thread doesn’t get too many posts in it (other than me and Oliver) so hiding it deeper would make it 

Don’t know that it gets any better than Mark personally mailing you your favorite lyrics:

Posted Images

What Speedo said in this instance wasn't a huge deal, just pointless and annoying. But that is what 75% of his posts are.

The pedo stuff needs to go away. No one wants to read that shit. It's obnoxious, gross, and has gotten really old. If anyone says something questionable, report it. Otherwise just stop.

This should be a thread where Ry-Bread can interact with new members in peace. Not everyone who posts on this message board has to be someone who hangs out here all day and posts in every section. It's ok to join up just to talk about nerdy blink topics. If you can't do that on a blink message board then what is the point of having one. Speedo doesn't even like blink, so he should be the last person sniping at collectors on a blink forum.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What Speedo said in this instance wasn't a huge deal, just pointless and annoying. But that is what 75% of his posts are.

The pedo stuff needs to go away. No one wants to read that shit. It's obnoxious, gross, and has gotten really old. If anyone says something questionable, report it. Otherwise just stop.

This should be a thread where Ry-Bread can interact with new members in peace. Not everyone who posts on this message board has to be someone who hangs out here all day and posts in every section. It's ok to join up just to talk about nerdy blink topics. If you can't do that on a blink message board then what is the point of having one. Speedo doesn't even like blink, so he should be the last person sniping at collectors on a blink forum.

It wasn't a big deal I agree (I tagged you by accident, sorry) but the dumb comment was still mocking someone having something to collect, I can see why someone would be put off. 

I agree that not everyone should have to post in several sections and it's fine if people want to come here just to talk about blink and it's definitely less than ideal for someone's first interaction to be negative, however that was super minor. If someone is put off by one stupid little joke, they're not going to last here anyway.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I agree that not everyone should have to post in several sections and it's fine if people want to come here just to talk about blink and it's definitely less than ideal for someone's first interaction to be negative, however that was super minor. If someone is put off by one stupid little joke, they're not going to last here anyway.

I agree. But I think we could all do without unnecessary, empty comments, whether they are to new people or not.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I agree. But I think we could all do without unnecessary, empty comments, whether they are to new people or not.

Yeah, that's fair. Maybe we need to revisit restricting Speedo's daily post count lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, Jdhask01 said:

Hello, new here. I joined because I was told by another Blink fan about the forum. Neat seeing what other items are out there from like-minded people! I own a letter Mark wrote to one of their first ever overseas fans. 

welcome!

On 2/10/2021 at 6:38 PM, Jdhask01 said:

Hello, new here. I joined because I was told by another Blink fan about the forum. Neat seeing what other items are out there from like-minded people! I own a letter Mark wrote to one of their first ever overseas fans. 

Love to see your stuff, and welcome if you do decide to come back.

On 2/10/2021 at 8:19 PM, Jdhask01 said:

I came here thinking it was a community of like-minded supportive people and find myself talking to someone who writes more than they read. Your comment has no relevance to this thread and is exactly why pieces like mine don’t surface. Please feel free to delete my account admins. 

Dude I only had to endure 1.5 years of being called aloe boy for a brief recommendation on aloe skin care remedy.  You'll be fine.

I don't want to muddy up this thread, because it really shouldn't be @Kaksteist Kuud, the PLG lover jokes need to go (I promise they are not funny), but damn @Ry-Bread if you can't handle stepping outside of your bubble a little bit and not living some unobtainable utopia here then go start your own thing, honestly, we don't want to cater to having to zip our mouths on the slight chance Mark or somebody might stumble across our a post.  They're quite old for that.  Even if for some off chance they decide to do fan service, and for some reason find us worthy to be the blink italia 2.0 you are trying to randomly portray us as, it's not like they actually give much a shit to do it more than once or are going to pay us for it.  That is way too much effort for that fam.  I mean that's just my opinion, you do you obviously, but don't come in here preaching about feeling embarrassed to send people here. That's weak as hell.  That's what you signed up for! 

slut.

I mean I just have my doubts this place would be even half the size if it was strictly a fan club. Pretty much everyone just wants to talk about new releases when they drop or shit talk random subjects.  I honestly would rather just come here and talk about some movie or drive thru rankings at this point than meet Mark on a live stream for 2 seconds as he pretends to care.

11 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Dude I only had to endure 1.5 years of being called aloe boy for a brief recommendation on aloe skin care remedy.  You'll be fine.

I don't want to muddy up this thread, because it really shouldn't be @Kaksteist Kuud, the PLG lover jokes need to go (I promise they are not funny), but damn @Ry-Bread if you can't handle stepping outside of your bubble a little bit and not living some unobtainable utopia here then go start your own thing, honestly, we don't want to cater to having to zip our mouths on the slight chance Mark or somebody might stumble across our a post.  They're quite old for that.  Even if for some off chance they decide to do fan service, and for some reason find us worthy to be the blink italia 2.0 you are trying to randomly portray us as, it's not like they actually give much a shit to do it more than once or are going to pay us for it.  That is way too much effort for that fam.  I mean that's just my opinion, you do you obviously, but don't come in here preaching about feeling embarrassed to send people here. That's weak as hell.  That's what you signed up for! 

slut.

I mean I just have my doubts this place would be even half the size if it was strictly a fan club. Pretty much everyone just wants to talk about new releases when they drop or shit talk random subjects.  I honestly would rather just come here and talk about some movie or drive thru rankings at this point than meet Mark on a live stream for 2 seconds as he pretends to care.

Well, you're never gonna collect all that sweet Blink 182 memorabilia with this attitude, Jan!

Also, I agree, it's not funny. It never was and it was never meant to be.

Also, also, aloe boy was lame. Jan was much better. 

All I ask for is common decency, you shouldn’t have to have “thick skin” to post here nor met at the door with jabs. I’m here to talk about blink, and new people who stumble across the site will be too. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I agree that one shouldn't need thick skin to post here, but if your skin is so thin that a half eaten pickle hurts, no message board is safe for you.

The internet is a monstrous place in many cases, I agree that this place has some harsh moments but that was about the gentlest ribbing I've ever seen.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

WOW just saw this, every blink member signed drumhead. This is the first I have seen and it's absolutely incredible:

That Scott signature though 😮 😮 

Insane piece for sure!

Another Cheshire Cat signed by the band during an Australian show in May 1996 ❤️

149578436_3676359509148142_1493872513100

• Love 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, I was hoping someone on here could point in the right direction for attempting to acquire an autographed 12in vinyl album signed by Mark, Travis, and Tom. I never realized how many fakes were out there until I discovered this thread. I'm collecting autographed vinyl's to frame on a wall at my house, a Blink-182 vinyl would be my favorite piece. I have zero plans to ever sell it, I don't mind having to pay higher prices for something that is rare and authentic. I just don't want to waste money on something that is fake, you guys appear to be the experts so I figured I'd come here first seeking advice.  

Thanks, 

Mark

• Like 1

@Blers42 Welcome! Full band signed ANYTHING is pretty rare, vinyl is a whole different level of insanely rare for a variety of reasons...mostly the fact that they had long broken up once vinyl made it's "comeback", and it's really hard to haul around a vinyl to a show in hopes of somehow running into them all.

Your best chance for a full band signed blink album will be the "California" one, as they had pre-orders with signed copies of those. Outside of that one, I don't think I've seen more than a few of each album full band signed on vinyl - if that. (In fact I'm curious and will look at my files)

• Like 2