Ry-Bread

Blink-182 Signature Study

14 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

That’s a nice example which matches up with what I would expect, still makes my “D” look crazy LOL, thanks for sharing! 

He signed as Daniel A with the A upside down on my cd and  it looks like he did the same thing on your stuffs, and that D is a little bit different but I believe it's his, since they're both made moving to the right. Plus, it's Dan and he's just too nice to say no to  a signature, even if he was sick ?

Sometimes you can catch forgeries by simply paying attention to the details. This seller says he got this poster in 2014 and had Tom, Mark, and Travis sign it after the Las Vegas show in 2014. 

Hmm...

1. That's not Tom you idiot
2. This California era photo was taken 2 years later lol

zcy2qQe.jpg

Always pay attention to the details, honest sellers don't make stuff up!!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some sweet "Tom Doodles" he did at the book signing on 9/15/2018, they say you are only allowed to get the book signed, but I guess people just ask. (If I knew I could 100% get my TOYPAJ/Short Bus Vinyl signed I would go out there for a signing!):

This is about as nice as it gets:

3MeHNWL.jpg

Epiphone (I hate how he signs this section of the guitar, it would stand out much more if he signed it all on the brown):

r2GNUES.jpg

Inside a vinyl:

dnnKax3.jpg

Most of the books got the normal "TD", he added a smiley for this female fan lol:

z2KpidG.png

• Like 2

found this on reverb, what do you think @Ry-Bread ?

Does those signature look legit and do you think that this guitar might have been used by Tom ?

here's the description

This is a  Gibson Les Paul Standard used by Tom Delonge of Blink 182. It was used on tour late 90s early 2000s. Comes with original Gibson case.
https://reverb.com/item/15158129-tom-delonge-s-blink-182-gibson-les-paul-standard-black

itoqxzknwrgsfg6gwrus.jpg

j4rds2kmqbx8gmxdtelf.jpg

Also found this cool poster signed by Tom in 2012 :

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Here is a cool shirt signed in 1997 buy Tom/Mark/Scott that sold recently:

k9d4wsZ.jpg

Also here is an Untitled Poster signed by Tom/Mark/Travis, these are from the 2013 Untitled Reunion shows in LA and are pretty rare. If you are looking for a piece signed by all 3, this is one of the ones I recommend looking for:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/blink-182-untitled-10th-anniversary-Poster-signed-rare-Autograph-AVA/223150614366?hash=item33f4d0275e:g:4BcAAOSw9ZdboFD7

• Like 1

Here is a forgery example from a UK eBay  seller who routinely sells Blink junk. Comes with a bogus "COA", says GENUINE in the listing,  says in the details that "authenticity is everything", and how there are so many fakes on eBay and to be careful. (how ironic/disgusting). Do not be fooled by these scammers, they go to great lengths to "sell" you on why their stuff is real. Always pay attention to the signatures, do not get caught up in the story/paperwork.

Z74lw8N.jpg

@rexman182 amazing item, I tried to work out a deal with him this morning when I first saw it, but couldn’t find a middle ground. The price was actually extremely fair, especially since Trav used it. BUT, I couldn’t get over the “To Bob” part. In general I don’t like stuff personalized to someone else, I kept trying to talk myself into it given how awesome Tom’s drawing is. I even kept telling myself “Hi Bob!” could actually be something stupid Tom would write for the heck of it... but ultimately I didn’t want to spend $100 and am out of wall room anyway. 

Hopefully a true fan got it. Sorry for not getting back earlier but sometimes I’m in the middle of trying to get items in question ;) !

• Like 1

@Ry-Bread ok I was hoping it was authentic because I actually pulled the trigger for 85 on it :) I thought it was cool. And I definetly saw your point on how it was made out to bob, but since blink cancelled on this month this totally has made it 100 percent better!! Thanks for not buying it lol 

• Love 1

@rexman182 awesome!! Glad you got it, it’s an amazing piece. I just spent $100 on an Eminem signed print last week or I would’ve bought this instantly... I was even debating right after work but my basement flooded and I was busy with that and then I saw it ended. Congrats! Glad a true fan got it, it really is an incredible item with the huge Tom sketch and being an actual used drumhead. The dude’s cousin is Doug, Tom’s guitar tech which is why it was signed up so nicely by all 3!

• Like 1

@Ry-Bread Oh wow didnt know you were an eminem fanatic as well! Think you can DM me some real eminem sigs? lol thanks! But yea! It was almost too good to be true of that drumhead. I assume tom just signed his name like he did because he put all that effort in his drawing lol Oh dang! hope you have better look with your basement Ryan! Hope all is well! 

27 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Can I ask, what is the fascination in comparing people's signatures?  just don't really get it. 

Autograph collecting is just a hobby of mine, mostly baseball. When I began collecting years ago, I wanted to feel confident that what I was buying was authentic, so I began compiling my own exemplars/studying/etc. There are so many forgeries out there, the thought of people buying these unknowingly, or getting them as gifts, etc. just really bothered me to the point of where I have made a point to help educate others. So for me, it's just about documenting it for historical purposes, and giving people as much info as possible to make sure they get authentic items.

• Like 1