Blink 182 Boycotts Fed-Ex

_Kyle_

Wait ... You said something stupid and got called on it and tried to make up some convoluted excuse for what you "actually" meant instead of what you said and now I'm the one that's got to explain myself?! That's rich!

You go ahead and spin this however you want, I'll just let your posts speak for yourself, thanks!

Hahaha, Jesus Christ!

I didn't try to alter the meaning at all. Show me how what I initially wrote differs from my explanation. You misinterpreted it because, as a mediocre white man, you got defensive seeing the phrase used in a slightly negative light. I joked about mediocre white men often having unearned confidence. Big fucking deal. I thought you hated PC culture?

1 hour ago, Smalls said:

I always thought mark was the conservative type. Guess I was wrong or he changed. Either way, who gives a shit about his views they aren’t gonna change shit. Btw, proud NRA member here.

He probably is, he's just too big of a bitch to stand up and be classified as one like most famous people.

1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

He probably is, he's just too big of a bitch to stand up and be classified as one like most famous people.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

What you do when you’re a conservative but you’re embarrassed to voice your views: don’t voice your views.

What you don’t do: be an outspoken advocate for the exact opposite of what you believe in for years and years.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

What you do when you’re a conservative but you’re embarrassed to voice your views: don’t voice your views.

What you don’t do: be an outspoken advocate for the exact opposite of what you believe in for years and years.

It's too bad you're being sarcastic, because that's exactly what any celebrity with the tendancy to sell out would do in today's age.  They have to fit in with the crowd or what the crowd wants to hear.

Heck, I bet a bunch of them get paid to do so, easy political tactic is to pay celebrities to rile up the youth who blindly follow them.

Not to mention every celebrity besides Clint Eastwood, who's untouchable, that claims they are conservative takes a huge hit or nearly loses their career.

It's a cess pool of liberal elitists.  The entire entertainment industry.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

It's too bad you're being sarcastic, because that's exactly what any celebrity with the tendancy to sell out would do in today's age.  They have to fit in with the crowd or what the crowd wants to hear.

Heck, I bet a bunch of them get paid to do so, easy political tactic is to pay celebrities to rile up the youth who blindly follow them.

Not to mention every celebrity besides Clint Eastwood, who's untouchable, that claims they are conservative takes a huge hit or nearly loses their career.

It's a cess pool of liberal elitists.  The entire entertainment industry.

No, again, all he would have to do isn’t NOT voice his conservative opinions to fit in.

Thats what I did growing up with conservative views in one of the most liberal spots in the country. I just didn’t talk about it, and I fit in just fine with my liberal friends.

As I’ve gotten older I’ve kind of switched sides a bit (more like I stand in the middle now and don’t consider myself conservative or liberal). I went to college in an incredibly conservative small town in Idaho and I mostly kept my more liberal opinions to myself. And I made lots of friends!

4 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

No, again, all he would have to do isn’t NOT voice his conservative opinions to fit in.

Thats what I did growing up with conservative views in one of the most liberal spots in the country. I just didn’t talk about it, and I fit in just fine with my liberal friends.

As I’ve gotten older I’ve kind of switched sides a bit (more like I stand in the middle now and don’t consider myself conservative or liberal). I went to college in an incredibly conservative small town in Idaho and I mostly kept my more liberal opinions to myself. And I made lots of friends!

Shouldn't be afraid to speak up man.  That's what they want you to do, is stay quiet or else you will be losing friends, kind of bullshit if you ask me.  Funny how I've never met a conservative, minus the real blowhards, who would shun out liberals just for having differing opinions.  One of my longtime friends is actually one of the most active incredibly far left people I know, I don't like listening to her but I never would stop hanging out or visiting.  Yet, if I even mentioned one thing that wasn't liberal leaning she would start getting super disappointed and evil eyes towards me, guilting me.  That's the tactic of a lot of lefties.  Fear of not fitting in.  Bogus.  Just be yourself.

12 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Shouldn't be afraid to speak up man.  That's what they want you to do, is stay quiet or else you will be losing friends, kind of bullshit if you ask me.  Funny how I've never met a conservative, minus the real blowhards, who would shun out liberals just for having differing opinions.  One of my longtime friends is actually one of the most active incredibly far left people I know, I don't like listening to her but I never would stop hanging out or visiting.  Yet, if I even mentioned one thing that wasn't liberal leaning she would start getting super disappointed and evil eyes towards me, guilting me.  That's the tactic of a lot of lefties.  Fear of not fitting in.  Bogus.  Just be yourself.

I didn't have to fake being a different person. I just didn't get into political conversations for the most part. If I ever did end up talking politics, I never lied about what I thought. Never had to pretend I was someone I'm not.

And I know TONS of conservatives who are completely intolerant of liberals and liberal views. That was Idaho in a nutshell. It depends where you are. I also know tons of liberals who are like that with conservatives, in Oregon. Both sides are equally intolerant and both sides are annoying as hell in my opinion.

I think both sides have fair points and there I things I take from each. But both sides are equally stupid as well.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I didn't have to fake being a different person. I just didn't get into political conversations for the most part. If I ever did end up talking politics, I never lied about what I thought. Never had to pretend I was someone I'm not.

And I know TONS of conservatives who are completely intolerant of liberals and liberal views. That was Idaho in a nutshell. It depends where you are. I also know tons of liberals who are like that with conservatives, in Oregon. Both sides are equally intolerant and both sides are annoying as hell in my opinion.

I think both sides have fair points and there I things I take from each. But both sides are equally stupid as well.

I will agree that just avoiding political discussions is probably the smartest, but after a while I personally would just get sick of the 'stay quiet or else you might be seen as this and that' attitude after a while.  I've lived in a very liberal area twice and ended up just getting to the point I didn't want to stay quiet and if that would make me go from friend to enemy then so be it.  Your route is definitely better for keeping friends but I started to want that in my friends, to be more open and less divisive over differing opinions..

2 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

I will agree that just avoiding political discussions is probably the smartest, but after a while I personally would just get sick of the 'stay quiet or else you might be seen as this and that' attitude after a while.  I've lived in a very liberal area twice and ended up just getting to the point I didn't want to stay quiet and if that would make me go from friend to enemy then so be it.  Your route is definitely better for keeping friends but I started to want that in my friends, to be more open and less divisive over differing opinions..

Yeah, I get that. I actually just don't like discussing politics in general, which is the main reason I usually avoided the conversations. Not necessarily because I was afraid to lose friends. But knowing I was usually the only person in the group with a drastically different opinion was part of it as well. If it's something I already don't enjoy talking about, I'm gonna enjoy it a lot less when everybody disagrees with me. I have been more vocal about my opinions on gun control and honestly it has been draining for me. Politics depress me, and I struggle with depression, so I tend to avoid talking politics in everyday life.

In the end though I think we're making some of the same points. I agree that there's no need to pretend to be something you're not to fit in.

A celebrity taking a stance against the NRA instead of trying to achieve real solutions for what took place at the school? But what can he actually do about it?

It's clear that Mark has always been a liberal, he was just kinda keeping it quiet because he was afraid of losing half his fans, etc during previous administrations. He conveniently speaks out now against some issues because it's common sense; I think it's a little bit hypocritical if you think about it, but at least he has beliefs rooted in equality and fairness. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kvothe said:

People do have issues with tobacco smoke. Why can't both guns and tobacco be bad? I don't get why you're roping that into the debate, I'm not discounting the risks of tobacco. Maybe people care less about it because it already took a lot of heat in the 90s and the industry has been seeing a massive decline?

Guns are a lot more preventable as well. Tobacco has the link to addiction, which is a harder nut to crack.

As for the "think for yourself" part - the fact that I am engaging you in this discussion dispels that. And don't complain about "cheap one liners" and then spew that shit. 

Nothing here changes what I said, 42K innocent people die from second hand smoke and no one bats an eyelash. 30 people die from a shooting and its a national tragety.

I question the motives.

Gun are not more preventable. We've been over and over this already.

Nobody bats an eyelash? Don't they still have huge anti smoking campaigns? Try not to be so hyperbolic.

Hell the only reason why smoking hasn't been outright banned is because of NRA types. People like their "freedoms". Smoking, drinking, guns should probably be banned. I wouldn't give a shit. But guns are not like smoking or drinking. One doesn't kill you. Equating the two is a fallacy.

12 minutes ago, darkarrow said:

But if we ban guns, smoking, drinking, etc. where does the ban list stop?  I think that's a lot of people's concern.

Let me clarify, we probably should ban these things as they largely only cause society more ills than any kind of betterment (superficially). Ideally we don't need them, and are only allowed because of "freedom". Which we don't actually have, as there are tons of things that are banned.

Also this isn't exactly about banning guns. This is about the NRA as an organization and their stupid positions. Sorry @Smalls. Hell they may of even conspired with the Russians. Treason isn't cool.