Tom Delonge's Les Paul(s) 1997-1998

Andrew182

• 3 months later...
3 hours ago, Pavlaczekk said:

Hi, I registerd this account just to answer your question. 

This sticker is an old Arnette logo, same as the sticker on Tom's white strat.

Here are some pictures:

81uYTpSt40L._SX522_.jpg

Finally we've identified the last sticker !

Thank you so much for only signing in just to answer that question, means a lot !

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the list of all the identified stickers on Tom's Les Paul for anyone wanting to do a replica of this guitar :)

-Unwritten Law (1998) sticker

il_340x270.1428817918_1ehb.jpg

-Kung Fu Records sticker

L-36121-1126686567.jpeg.jpg

-Vans Warped Tour 1998 sticker

Warped_Tour_1998_specific_event_logo.jpg

-Blink 182 Dude Ranch sticker

3163104_orig.jpg?330

-Lady Luck sticker

s-l400.jpg

- old Arnette logo

81uYTpSt40L._SX522_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 6/16/2018 at 9:06 AM, Thibaut182 said:

Just found a better picture of Tom's guitar, still can't manage to identify that last sticker though (no idea where it's from)

11907851_10153221432083208_3632484245091

i took this pic. would you like me to go through my 1998 archives? i might have some good quality les paul shots.

• Love 1

ok, i went through the pics i took in 1998. it appears that tom had at least three different les pauls during this era, at least according to the shows i was at. sorry if this info has already been posted; i haven't followed this thread in a while.

first one:

tom-les-paul-1998-01.jpg

second one:

tom-les-paul-1998-02.jpg

tom-les-paul-1998-04.jpgthird one:

tom-les-paul-1998-03.jpg

tom-les-paul-1998-05.jpg

tom-les-paul-1998-06.jpg

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

Thank you all for sharing this great info! There’s some awesome stuff in this thread.

ive always been obsessed with Tom’s LP’s. It was a short lived era but I thought they were really cool, and while similar bands at the time were playing Les pauls (Lagwagon, NUFAN, etc) they seemed to have been mostly kept stock.

i do want to replicate one of these. I am positive that they are all 1997 les Paul standards but even if I can get one for under $2000 I don’t know that I would want to sticker it up etc. 

thinking abiut going the epiphone rout. The wine red trad pro looks like a good starting point as it’s more of the dark spalted top like the 97 Tom had, rather than the common maple top. 

For anyone wanting to find those stickers online, here's some links where you can get them

Unwritten Law sticker : https://www.ebay.com/itm/264027419863

Kung Fu Records sticker : https://www.ebay.com/itm/362471538632

Lady Luck sticker : https://www.ebay.com/itm/142587995813

Haven't been able to find the Warped Tour 1998/Dude Ranch/Arnette logo, but that's a great start in order to do the replica !

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Burgersandcole It just looks like a certain type of bolt I forget what they’re called but they don’t rotate while you tighten a nut to them. That’s what it looks like. Should be able to find one at any hardware store. Also there’s a guy on YouTube who owns one of Toms old les Paul’s, the one with the Lady Luck sticker on it actually. You could ask him to confirm. Just search on YouTube “Tom Delonge les Paul” his vids will come up 

• 4 months later...