Top 10 Video Games

Speedo

2 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I never had an N64 so I never really got to experience it properly unfortunately. 

If you're into handheld gaming, get a Nintendo 3DS/2DS. If you buy one during Boxing Day/Black Friday, you can get it for cheap (like $150 with a game included for the 3DS XL). 

It might be the best handheld of all time. The library of games is insane, you've got: Zelda: Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask/Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 7, Super Smash Bros 4, Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Monster Hunter, Luigi's Mansion, Metroid, Super Mario Maker, Resident Evil Revelations, Donkey Kong Country, Kid Icarus, Animal Crossing, etc. as well as the virtual console for old school games.

@Kay @darkarrow what are your thps rankings then?

I loved the first too much when it came out not to go #1. I think less control made it more challenging too. Got me into skateboarding.  But they're all great before the recent ones.

1. THPS.  

2. THPS 4.  I felt this one just had the best levels and modes, also manualling was big.

3. TH Underground.  It was cool to get off your board for a while. 

4. TH 2, 3, UG 2

THPS2 is my favorite, best locations, THPS loses out of being my favorite cause of the downhill levels, they're just kind of annoying to play through multiple times for me or else 1 would rank higher.  Then American Wasteland would be next for me; a lot of people are gonna disagree with that one lol Then 3, 4, I never really like THUG 1 and 2, which is why it's odd I liked AW better lol

1. gta san andreas

2. thps 2 ( best soundtrack in a videogame ever)

3. crash bandicoot 

4. crash bandicoot 3

5. crash bandicoot 2

6. battlefield 2

7. pokemon blue

8. splinter cell :chaos theory

9: spyro the dragon

10. crash bash ( was just soo fun to play with friends) 

we never used to have a console at my home.. there was a contest in the mickey mouse magazine where the 2nd price was crash bandicoot 2 which i've won. we had no console so ma parents got us a playstation 1 for christmas, it was mindblowing. i spend countless hours on that thing. randomly bought mtv's snowboarding for it and don:t leave me was the title track and wendy clear was also on it..... 

if it werent for that i dont know if i would've ever gotten in to blink at all.... kinda crazy to think about it! 

ps2 was the first console i bought from my own money and i remember asking an older women to buy me gta san andreas the same day( i was probably 14)..... she did :)

3 minutes ago, darkarrow said:

THPS2 is my favorite, best locations, THPS loses out of being my favorite cause of the downhill levels, they're just kind of annoying to play through multiple times for me or else 1 would rank higher.  Then American Wasteland would be next for me; a lot of people are gonna disagree with that one lol Then 3, 4, I never really like THUG 1 and 2, which is why it's odd I liked AW better lol

absolutely loved american wasteland!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, darkarrow said:

Whatt, the downhill was the best. Mall level was a bitch.

1 minute ago, Nshesaid said:

Skate was cool when it first came out.  Didn't have the staying power or impact of THPS though.  

Reminds me, SSX Tricky and those games were cool too. Could ride the mountains for hours.

FUCK YEAH TRICKY WAS GREAT!!!!!! Thank you for mentioning that, I'm gonna really have to dust off my GC now. 

I definitely understand that feeling towards skate though.  The controls are pretty revolutionary for a skating game imo, but it definitely did not have an impact even near half as much as THPS did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

I was a 1080 fan ... Loved that game, never got into ssx tricky much.

Same, even though the combos were stupid hard. Did you ever play Coolboarders for PS1? That was an awesome snowboarding game. And my all-time favorites were Amped and Amped 2 for XBOX.

• Like 1