The Ghent Safe Space

Ghent

Tired of all the negativity surrounding blink? Tired of people whining about Feldmann, saying Skiba sold out, making fun of Mark's vocals, etc.?

Do you enjoy California? Do you recognize that there are reasonable concerns and criticisms that can be made without sounding like a miserable loser? Do you appreciate Tom's contributions to the band, but refuse to stay shamelessly attached to his ever-comforting teet?

Well, this is your thread.

Here we discuss blink without the cloak of jaded negativity. We talk about the good and the bad, but we don't whine, cry, or act otherwise ridiculously.

All posts that break the rules will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be dealt with as needed. Enjoy! :)

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Kvothe said:

California is a Blink-182 album released in 2016 that was nominated for a Grammy.

That's the farthest I can go without negativity. 

Well I guess your participation in this safe space has reached its conclusion. thanks for joining me Casey!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kvothe said:

California is a Blink-182 album released in 2016 that was nominated for a Grammy.

That's the farthest I can go without negativity. 

Lmao, well as I understand it, you're allowed to talk about why you feel this way as long as it doesn't turn into a senseless hate post.

I understand that quite a few songs are EXTREMELY juvenile (She's Out of Her Mind, Teenage Satellite...) but they definitely have some really good material on there. Left Alone is one of my favorite songs by blink in a long time. And in my opinion, I think they captured the feel of TOYPAJ without being obnoxious. Mark obviously knew what style of blink he was going for and I feel like he succeeded.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, epi... said:

And in my opinion, I think they captured the feel of TOYPAJ without being obnoxious.

That's a good point. I think they did a great job emulating that sound, which is arguably the quintessential blink sound. The lyrics are definitely geared to a younger crowd in places, but nothing nearly as blatant as TOYPAJ, which quite literally is singing to 15 year olds for most of the album.

Bored to Death was a good choice for a single. Very safe. Definitely not one of my favorites on the album tho. Maybe that's just because it got Played to Death on my local alternative radio station.

I think it was a great comeback single. still enjoy the song. i've always thought the bridge could have done without the whoas, that's the only thing holding it back for me

I always thought that Teenage Satallites was a great mashup between Mark and Matt and their songwriting styles.. If’s you look away from the shiny production and the lyrics, the verses of the song is basically +44. Imagine those verses with the same production as the +44 album!

And the chorus sounds like a modern (My Shame Is True)  Alk3 to me. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Since88 said:

I always thought that Teenage Satallites was a great mashup between Mark and Matt and their songwriting styles.. If’s you look away from the shiny production and the lyrics, the verses of the song is basically +44. Imagine those verses with the same production as the +44 album!

And the chorus sounds like a modern (My Shame Is True)  Alk3 to me. 

This is the kicker for new-Blink for me. I get why they hired Feldman. But couldn't they limit Feldman to giving them ideas, motivating them, helping them write songs, etc. - but let Mark and Travis produce the thing? +44 and Neighborhoods weren't bad from a production standpoint. I just wish we had a slightly more raw, less polished production point.

I'll gtfo now