Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Starting to look like Blink is going for a more poppy, mainstream album. They'll try to replicate what bands like Fallout Boy and Panic! at the Disco have done. Given their age, and Mark's creativity well drying up, I don't think it's going to work very well. And if it does, it will be in large part due to other song writer's helping them. The entire thing comes off as a desperate attempt to stay in the mainstream/spotlight. If this album is even more produced and fake compared to California, then this band is fucking done. 

• Like 12

Remember when blink did the untitled album 10th mini-tour and they were saying in interviews that they all thought that the untitled album was their best work? So why aren't they making music like that? Neighborhoods was a decent follow-up for a dysfunctional band who just came back from a messy breakup, and Dogs Eating Dogs was a big step in the right direction, imo.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Remember when blink did the untitled album 10th mini-tour and they were saying in interviews that they all thought that the untitled album was their best work? So why aren't they making music like that? Neighborhoods was a decent follow-up for a dysfunctional band who just came back from a messy breakup, and Dogs Eating Dogs was a big step in the right direction, imo.

Because Tom was the creative force in the band. Mark is a sell out yes man cunt. Probably has posters of Taylor Swift on his wall the fucking oddball 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, SimonSinick said:

Mark put up a clip on his Insta, sounds like Matt singing ‘I wanna have the best summer ever’. This could be bad...

Couldn't find it, so went to Travis insta and saw he's in the studio with this guy:

G'dammit Travis

Edited by NJansaid
Patience, Patient.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, SimonSinick said:

Mark put up a clip on his Insta, sounds like Matt singing ‘I wanna have the best summer ever’. This could be bad...

I think you’re talking about this. It’s the fourth video of Travis’ story. It’s some guy called johan (@isitjohan). I’m taking a guess it’s a joke because it sounds nothing like Matt. https://instagram.com/stories/travisbarker?utm_source=ig_story_share&igshid=1e3nvad54sn07 

11 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Hmm. So Spring, or Summer, possibly Fall?  Quite the range. Good interview though. 

Feel bad now slagging him off all the time if he’s feeling a little depressed 😫 I still love you Mark you just frustrate the fucking life out of me. 

I’m also more excited for Simple Creatures than Blink. No Feldman or Skiba. Fucking bliss

• Like 4

That’s a great interview... 

I’ve always said they had to be blown away by the support of California/Skiba and that it was greater than they could’ve imagined,  this reinforced that.

Kinda sad that he was so depressed after touring...weird.

So 6 song EP1 titled “Strange Love”, and they have EP2 done as well. (No feldy!!! And different than ATL/BLINK)

Blink is still priority for 2019!

interesting interview. for a guy who seemed eternally stuck in adolescence, i think we’re seeing mark’s real crisis right now. he looks a little bummed sometimes. i don’t like the music he’s making at all and it seems like a desperate attempt to remain relevant, though

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkarrow said:

He's starting to really gray on the sides there, makes me feel old lol

I've been grey there since I was 24 lol

"we don't want to play small clubs. we're thinking more warehouse parties"

lol get the fuck outta here. you're like 46 dude. 

Interesting that they're releasing the music as two EPs instead of one regular album. I'd be super interested in seeing Simple Creatures live. I'm not really an ATL fan outside of their first EP and a few other random songs, but I've seen them live before and Alex sounds incredibly good live.

9 minutes ago, Kevin. said:

"we don't want to play small clubs. we're thinking more warehouse parties"

Yeah one cool aspect of this new band was the thought of seeing Mark live in a small setting, there goes that!!! 

I do like how he explicitly pointed out that this stuff will not sound like Blink/ATL, and that Blink is priority. Will be cool to see what they come up with, though it seems like most of it was done 1.5 years ago.

2 hours ago, Jaonah said:

Dumb question. Is Mark vegan/vegetarian? I think lack of meat may be wearing on this band (srs).

I think the whole band is vegan.

• Like 1