Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

42 minutes ago, Italian Throwaway said:

Thank you! I'll try to do my best to turn up every once in a while. I read the boards everyday first thing in the morning anyway.

Just to be very clear, I don't think Mark was talking about that teleprompter rant. What I said is that this is the only impolite thing I remember ever saying about Matt. I might be misremembering, though. I checked my Instagram feed for offensive posts about him, but all I could find were several posts - many more than I remembered! - praising Matt for many different reasons, including his work ethic, his singer-songwriter skills, and his cool persona. Which is not surprising, since I've been very vocal ever since California was released about my wish for blink-182 to exploit Matt's talent way more than they did. I have honestly no clue what Mark is referring to. 

From my honest point of view, mate, I don't see how you did anything bad by expressing an opinion. I'm sick of that image of the fans being like totally numb idiots who will accept anything coming from the bands they are fans of. I think is fine to be fan of a band and being able to criticize some of its aspects, or even not liking some of their works, if you don't like them. The problem is on Mark's roof if he can't see how a fan can be upset about Skiba using teleprompters too often, at least in that period, taking in count he is a full time member.

So yeah, don't blame on yourself, man.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Mark has always been ridiculously sensitive. If you look at interviews with him, he shows annoying at the slightest hardball question.

He has quite social media outlets many many times over negative comments going back as far as 1999 when he'd no longer participate in the Blink 182 chatroom because someone called him a sellout, like 1 person out of 10 million.

He is fragile.

8 minutes ago, Ghost said:

From my honest point of view, mate, I don't see how you did anything bad by expressing an opinion. I'm sick of that image of the fans being like totally numb idiots who will accept anything coming from the bands they are fans of. I think is fine to be fan of a band and being able to criticize some of its aspects, or even not liking some of their works, if you don't like them. The problem is on Mark's roof if he can't see how a fan can be upset about Skiba using teleprompters too often, at least in that period, taking in count he is a full time member.

So yeah, don't blame on yourself, man.

Thank you, Ghost.

I finally found the post I was thinking about. I'll admit I could have chosen softer language. I still can't figure out how Mark ended up on that post, if we admit that he ever did. The post in question dates back to May 2018 and did not contain any tags. He blocked-unblocked us in December 2018 and brought it up again today. That's an odd timeline. This is why I think that this whole thing has nothing to do with any of my posts. It looks like it will remain a mystery! 

Was just about to post that Italia screenshot, read that this morning going through his Q/A and was like what the hell? Super random and pretty funny that he held that grudge... especially if you really only did post criticism a couple times.

Here are a few more about the Chainsmokers collab:

C5Mxg6I.jpg

aUYJo3H.png

Mark has turned into such a giant pussy. Maybe behind the scenes he always has been but thanks to social media these days everyone gets exposed for who they really are. Or it could be I didn’t notice it as much when Tom was in the band because he offset marks pussyness with his IDGAF attitude. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Italian Throwaway said:

Thank you, Ghost.

I finally found the post I was thinking about. I'll admit I could have chosen softer language. I still can't figure out how Mark ended up on that post, if we admit that he ever did. The post in question dates back to May 2018 and did not contain any tags. He blocked-unblocked us in December 2018 and brought it up again today. That's an odd timeline. This is why I think that this whole thing has nothing to do with any of my posts. It looks like it will remain a mystery! 

You are overthinking this. You clearly said some shit. Mark got offended and blocked you. The end.

Its like you want to claim that you didn't say anything offensive. You did. Which was good, because it was the truth.

Post more truth. The truth needs to be spoken.

Stop being a little Mark ass licker bowing to him.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Italian Throwaway said:

Thank you, Ghost.

What did you say in the post about Skiba that he may be referencing?

26 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Was just about to post that Italia screenshot, read that this morning going through his Q/A and was like what the hell? Super random and pretty funny that he held that grudge... especially if you really only did post criticism a couple times.

My Instagram feed is public for everyone to see! I honestly did not realize how many posts supporting Matt I published before checking back for any offensive ones this morning. It looks like I am nothing short of repetitive in this respect.

26 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

You are overthinking this. You clearly said some shit. Mark got offended and blocked you. The end.

Its like you want to claim that you didn't say anything offensive. You did. Which was good, because it was the truth.

Post more truth. The truth needs to be spoken.

Stop being a little Mark ass licker bowing to him.

Wow, Oliver got no chill today! You're right, though. I'm likely overthinking this. I get that I might have said something that he found offensive. I'm not disputing that. What I'm actually interested in is how he found that post. Since I believe that it is highly unlikely that in December 2018 he somehow stumbled upon a post of mine dating back to May 2018, I find this hypothesis unrealistic.

23 minutes ago, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

Do you really need a guitar pick?

I would argue that no one really needs a guitar pick. Mark has been in the habit in the past few years of sending guitar picks to a few lucky fans who requested them during his Twitter Q&As. I though it would be nice to get one. In my opinion, this kind gesture once again shows Mark's true colors, which makes this whole block-unblock story all the more puzzling. But I understand that you and I might have different opinions on this issue. It's fine.

21 minutes ago, Ghent said:

What did you say in the post about Skiba that he may be referencing?

"Matt is very unprofessional. It's been over three years and he hasn't been bothered with learning either lyrics or correct guitar parts. His reliance on a teleprompter is unacceptable at this point, not to mention the fact that I've not heard him play the intro to WMAA right once."

I was displeased after seeing their performance at Weenie Roast 2018. I'm not proud of what I wrote. It is interesting, however, that in that post I sort of ranted about the general state of the band (excluding Travis), which makes me think that this is not the incriminating evidence I am looking for. Not once did I single out Matt for criticism. If anything, I have often complained about the lack of Matt's input. Give me more Skiba! On a side note, I'm glad that Matt finally learned to play the WMAA intro correctly.

Just now, Italian Throwaway said:

"Matt is very unprofessional. It's been over three years and he hasn't been bothered with learning either lyrics or correct guitar parts. His reliance on a teleprompter is unacceptable at this point, not to mention the fact that I've not heard him play the intro to WMAA right once."

That is pretty brutal for a fan account to post. You have the right to post whatever you want, obviously, but you can't expect Mark to support that level of bashing.

Eh I mean as a fan account you can post whatever you want, and spark whatever discussions you want to engage your audience. I don't think he's "unprofessional", it's just Skiba and how he is. I do think he's trying his best.

The funny part is that:

1. Mark actually saw that (Was he following you at that time? If so, then I wouldn't have posted that. If not, it's weird that he was going through Blink fan accounts one day. But hey, tour life is boring.)
2. He remembered it and your account 
3. He held a grudge on it

I guess I'd be bothered too, but he typically ignores most peons on social media so it's funny that he actually did see that and hold a grudge.

That may have been Strike 1 back when you posted that in May, and then he saw whatever borderline post you had last month and hit you with the block.

There's also a chance that Matt himself saw it and brought it up to Mark. He definitely reads fan comments. I'm sure it would make him feel shitty seeing that from a fan account and could be something he would bring up to the band.

Could be why Mark prefaced his response to you with "is it true."

• Like 1

That's actually a good point, why start it with "Did you say" if he actually saw it? Would be kinda weird for Skiba to bring it up "Hey so I use a teleprompter and screw up WMAA all the time and this fan account said I do that Mark..." I'd guess on someone in the crew. Robert/Daniel are very active on IG and follow/check a lot of Blink posts.

EDIT: After looking at it again, it's "Did you say", not "Is it true". It actually kinda seems like Mark just wanted to own you and get an apology lol.

• Like 1

It's not that far fetched that Matt would see that post, screenshot it, text it to Mark, and say "well the fans hate me" or something casual.

These are real human beings ya know

Most likely, doesn't mean it wouldn't bum him out to see a fan account trashing him publicly.

50 minutes ago, Ghent said:

That is pretty brutal for a fan account to post. You have the right to post whatever you want, obviously, but you can't expect Mark to support that level of bashing.

I don't expect Mark to support any level of bashing at all. This is still not the point as far as I am concerned, though. Because of the several inconsistencies that I listed above, I am inclined to think that that post has nothing to do with it. What caused him to block-unblock us is still far from clear.

44 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The funny part is that:

1. Mark actually saw that (Was he following you at that time? If so, then I wouldn't have posted that. If not, it's weird that he was going through Blink fan accounts one day. But hey, tour life is boring.)
2. He remembered it and your account 
3. He held a grudge on it

I guess I'd be bothered too, but he typically ignores most peons on social media so it's funny that he actually did see that and hold a grudge.

That may have been Strike 1 back when you posted that in May, and then he saw whatever borderline post you had last month and hit you with the block.

I said many times that he never followed us. I think that your reconstruction of the facts is reasonable overall, but it leaves many questions unanswered, most importantly not explaining how Mark ended up on that post in the first place, if he ever did. I obviously discussed the matter with my fellow administrators and the most credible hypothesis seems to be that Mark might have seen that post in December in the explore tab on Instagram, which is not based on chronological criteria, but rather on interest criteria. I used the hashtags #blink182 and #markhoppus among others in that post. If he often browses through pictures thus tagged, it is not completely improbable that he might have seen that one in the explore tab. If this is the case, then the odd timeline makes more sense. I still find it unlikely that of all of our posts, many much more successful in terms of engagement than that one, this is the one that shows up on Mark's feed. This is all just speculation, though, as we'd need to better grasp how Instagram's algorithms work to reach any definitive conclusion.

31 minutes ago, Ghent said:

It's not that far fetched that Matt would see that post, screenshot it, text it to Mark, and say "well the fans hate me" or something casual.

These are real human beings ya know

I'd rule this out. Matt is kind of awkward at Instagram. Nothing ever suggested that he lurks on blink-182 fan accounts. Furthermore, he's subject to a barrage of insults on a daily basis and doesn't seem to care that much. What are the chances that a single post of mine was the final straw? As I said, I really like Matt in blink and I think he knows.

image.png.b303077c28d301db725fc5cbf0baae62.png

41 minutes ago, Ghent said:

There's also a chance that Matt himself saw it and brought it up to Mark. He definitely reads fan comments. I'm sure it would make him feel shitty seeing that from a fan account and could be something he would bring up to the band.

Could be why Mark prefaced his response to you with "is it true."

This is a really good point. Thank you, Ghent. Regardless of whether he said "Is it true" or "Did you say", both expressions convey uncertainty. Perhaps, someone close to them saw something I posted, didn't like it, and told the band. It could have been virtually anyone from their crew. Very hard to tell. I still can't guess what angered them so much, though. I don't think it was the post we're talking about, because it wasn't exclusively about Matt.

37 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

That's actually a good point, why start it with "Did you say" if he actually saw it? Would be kinda weird for Skiba to bring it up "Hey so I use a teleprompter and screw up WMAA all the time and this fan account said I do that Mark..." I'd guess on someone in the crew. Robert/Daniel are very active on IG and follow/check a lot of Blink posts.

EDIT: After looking at it again, it's "Did you say", not "Is it true". It actually kinda seems like Mark just wanted to own you and get an apology lol.

Haha! It might be. I don't know. We'll probably never know. I still don't really get what happened. It's been all just speculation so far. Hopefully, this guitar pick will bury this alleged, very weird hatchet. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Italian Throwaway said:

I hope he doesn't send you a guitar pick.  Just another internet troll whining about something. 

So right there you just showed proof that Matt read at least one of your comments, and responded directly to you. So it is not far fetched to think that he might have read your comment bashing him..

• Like 1