Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

41 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I can't listen because I'm at work, but honest question - what does Blink have to do/not do to make something sound not "awesome" in your books? 

Write Fighting the Gravity, Love is Dangerous, Hey I'm Sorry. all very not awesome

This is Feldy's world and we are just living in it.  Just fully confiscated blink and is jerking off right in our faces daily on Instagram.

That being said..is it just me or did that sound like, disclaimer: I hate everything about Cali and what it stands for, fuck vegan Soy blink, fuck teleprompter Matt Skiba...a better After Midnight?  If done right that sounded pretty intruiging.

Didn't sound super Cali either.

6 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Write Fighting the Gravity, Love is Dangerous, Hey I'm Sorry. all very not awesome

All sit comfortably in the top 10 post reuinion songs..

• Like 1

I’ve always slagged off people who moan about producers and stuff but I finally get it, i actually don’t mind California and the songs are ok but they’re over produced. Sickly fucking shit. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

I’ve always slagged off people who moan about producers and stuff but I finally get it, i actually don’t mind California and the songs are ok but they’re over produced. Sickly fucking shit. 

Kind of takes the soul out of it, huh?

• Like 1

Just now, Donald Trump's Bulge said:

I don't hear any volume. Just see Feldmann love tapping the guy he picked up at the ethan bar last night.

projecting......?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I def get a Here's Your Letter vibe from the verse, but mostly just because it sorta sounds like the delivery of 

"I'm talking to the ceiling,
My life has lost all meaningggg"

Has the clip gone? I can't see any clip.

Edit: Oh, I hear it. I just get Simple Plan vibes. Not good.

• Haha 1

Granted we're basing this on almost nothing haha but it sounded like Blink in the same way Bored To Death sounded like "Blink" when I first heard it. Safe yes, formulaic probably, but safe formulaic and SOUNDS LIKE BLINK would at least be a step back in the right direction in my mind! I know Ghent and the boys might laugh me off as a troll Cali Hater but I'm actually optimistic and don't have outlandishly high impossible expectations. I'm excited to hear this new album and that clip actually made me feel pretty hyped

anyone from the boards: Mark could you send me a guitar pick??

Mark: is it true that you're a member on BLINK-182ONLINE.COM??!??!?!!?!?!?!

member: uhh.... no.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

Yeah it's a whopping 15 seconds or whatever, but being the first glimpse of new Blink we have, it's nice to see:

-No whoas/nas, no crazy gang vox, could actually hear the drums and guitar parts loud and clear...Mark's a tad over produced IMO but that's just gonna be there regardless and it's hard to judge from potato quality I guess.

Definitely has me excited. Like that two seconds of guitar at the end is damn near better than all of Cali - riff wise. (Except maybe Brohemian)