Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Guys, guys! it's in 6/8! We've never done that! I mean we've made it sound basically the same as 4/4 but thats not the point! ITS NEW TO US OMG ITS SO WEIRD!  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Guys, guys! it's in 6/8! We've never done that! I mean we've made it sound basically the same as 4/4 but thats not the point! ITS NEW TO US OMG ITS SO WEIRD!  

They act like the idiot sorority girl that got wasted and kissed a girl that one time so she's totes an interesting bisexual person now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Mark and Travis wrote Lillian so technically it’s not even new to them. Maybe Matt? I don’t know any ALK3 songs that are in 6/8.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Kay said:

So cringey to put so much emphasis on it being in 6/8.  How does one go backwards in life like that?  Mark wrote the song of his life in 2005 in 6/8 (Lilian) and never acted this desperate.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't really care whether or not their comparisons are accurate, the good news to me is that we finally have a rough eta (April-June), and an update on progress (~70%)

Stuff like this should at least be encouraging for the Cali haters from a creative process perspective, at minimum:

"Where I look back at California, you could compare “Cynical” to other fast songs we’ve done. I could put “She’s Out of Her Mind” down as a brother-sister record to “Rock Show” or “First Date.” The songs on the new album don’t have any brothers or sisters. They don’t sound like anything we’ve done before. Songs on self-titled like “Feeling This” and “I Miss You,” I really feel like those didn’t sound like anything Blink had touched on before. I just know were doing that again. That’s exciting to me. "

It's nice that we're getting an update, but my gut is telling me that the only different thing will be more produced and poppy songs. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jlx9 said:

Mark and Travis wrote Lillian so technically it’s not even new to them. Maybe Matt? I don’t know any ALK3 songs that are in 6/8.

Lillian is a highly underrated song.

• Like 3
  • Love 2

23 hours ago, NJansaid said:

Last time blink said they were experimenting like "omg you wont even know who we are!" We got Bottom Of The Ocean.

Last last time blink said they were experimenting we got Los Angeles.

I'll pass 

LA is awesome, I'd love a whole album with songs like that and Fighting the Gravity.  

• Like 3

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

LA is awesome, I'd love a whole album with songs like that and Fighting the Gravity.  

That sounds like a nightmare to me. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, M!ke said:

I wouldn't put LA in the same category as FTG in my opinion. FTG is far superior and more trippy than Fall Out Boy rip off. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, M!ke said:

Yeah, same. I love the electronic vibes of them way more than the Simple Creatures stuff. I bet Tom wouldn't mind playing them kinda songs live either.

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I wouldn't put LA in the same category as FTG in my opinion. FTG is far superior and more trippy than Fall Out Boy rip off. 

I do think the intro of LA gives off similar vibes to FTG. I remember the first time I heard it. Like 5-10 seconds into the song I was thinking of FTG. The rest of the song though is completely different. Instrumentally I don't think it sounds anything like FOB but the melody definitely sounds like Centuries. Can totally imagine Patrick Stumps singing the verses too. Hate the Centuries song but I think that melody works in this song. Blink did it better for me. I always have loved Los Angeles though. Loved it since day one.

13 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Los Angeles can't sniff a candle to Fighting the Gravity.  Stop this nonsense.

Both great songs!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Both great songs!

A top 20 blink song and a top 20 worst song? Yeah, makes sense.

Haha, nah I rate Los Angeles higher. Personal preference though. Los Angeles, Bored to Death, Long Lost Feeling, Bottom of the Ocean, San Diego & HISALP are up there with the best blink songs I think. GOTDF, Fighting the Gravity, Kaleidoscope, Up All Night, Wishing Well, Snake Charmer, Hearts All Gone, Pretty Little Girl & When I Was Young are the ones I love from the DED/Neighborhoods era.

Los Angeles sounds too much like modern-day Fall Out Boy for my taste. 😕

• Like 2

I'm not a huge LA fan, but I don't skip it or anything, I casually like it. FTG is a big skip unless i'm really in the mood

FTG and Kaleidoscope are my two favourite post reunion blink tracks. I don't see that changing either. 

• Like 2