Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

1 minute ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Because Tom and Chris Lord-Alge are both engineers, not producers.

No CLA mixes now.  They have a team regardless, the point is use someone in the genre relatable to Finn

21 minutes ago, Regi. said:

Im just happy they’re not working with feldmann at this point. 

They still are, though. I'm assuming this is for like a specific single or something. 

17 minutes ago, Kay said:

They still are, though. I'm assuming this is for like a specific single or something. 

I know. Im just saying, feldmann isnt there, another producer is = good.  

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Yeah, Feldman definitely is still involved. He's explained this before. if he's not there, he gets his engineers and all that to send him the songs whilst he listens in his car or on trips or something. I remember him explaining something like that during the California album or just after it was released. Doesn't take away from the fact that co-writers have been getting involved too.

I've legit never had a major problem with Feldmann.  Pharrell, however, is a major red flag to me.  Hoping against hope this is the genuine next Untitled, but shit like that dude having any hands on this content immediately gives me doubts. 

There is no way on earth this record is going to be anything like Untitled.

There's no Tom, and no Finn. it's still Feldmann, it's a fuck ton of outside writers and apparently a major pop producer on board now too.

it's going to be a barely recognisable poppy clusterfuck and it's going to have stupid noises in it and they'll claim that's experimenting. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Yes, a mix engineer, not a producer.

I think you get the point and are just being an old person.

1 minute ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

It's honestly hard to even tell anymore.

Well usually that happens when you age, I'm sure there's books on how to cope with it.

1 minute ago, Kay said:

There is no way on earth this record is going to be anything like Untitled.

There's no Tom, and no Finn. it's still Feldmann, it's a fuck ton of outside writers and apparently a major pop producer on board now too.

it's going to be a barely recognisable poppy clusterfuck and it's going to have stupid noises in it and they'll claim that's experimenting. 

Who knows, I've heard albums that have hit me in the same way that Untitled did (these are few and far between, but they exist), and they didn't have any members of blink.  I'll judge the final product before I say it can't be done.  They want it to be that album and supposedly are trying to make it that way, so that's at least the first step.  Otherwise I hate just deeming something as crap or good before actually genuinely previewing any of it.  Everything behind the scenes could be a clusterfuck, and somehow they put out a masterpiece, so I'll hold off my judgement in this regard until I actually heard the music.

No way is this album going to be like untitled (thankfully), it's only comparison to that album will probably be that it's a big departure in sound.

Probably different as in heavy on modern sound, influences, and collaborations. Should be awesome, can't wait

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

No way is this album going to be like untitled (thankfully), it's only comparison to that album will probably be that it's a big departure in sound.

Probably different as in heavy on modern sound, influences, and collaborations. Should be awesome, can't wait

Never knew you didn't like Untitled.

As by far my favorite blink album, I'm hoping that it has that same spirit running through the album.  It can be drastically different in sound, but if it has that same overall soul that Untitled has, then i'd be so happy.

I do like untitled, but I don't think it's something that can or should be replicated. It's 20 years old. And they just did the throwback thing with California. I'd rather hear something modern and relevant

• Like 3

I think it'll be more like the Panic and FOB stuff of late. Not good

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1

High Hopes is the best FOB song in ages

(i thought it was FOB for the longest time)

6 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I think it'll be more like the Panic and FOB stuff of late. Not good

That would be fucking disgusting and game over for me. 

• Like 3