Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Ghent, I used to be a grandstander and an absurdist too. That was sort of my thing, if you recall, you know back when your weren't trying so hard ... why do you think your shtick is so easy to see through? I just wish my legacy on this board was a little better imitated, you're really doing it a disservice. 

What could be more absurd and grandstanding than posting positive things about blink-182 on a blink-182 message board...that I co-own

Totally absurd!

admitting that you don't like blink's newest album but you still like hanging around on this message board > convincing yourself that shitty music is great so you have an excuse for being on this message board

nobody judges you for buying a message board dedicated to a band that is in shambles, Ghent. You can stop pretending and enjoy this place just for what it is

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Neal said:

admitting that you don't like blink's newest album but you still like hanging around on this message board > convincing yourself that shitty music is great so you have an excuse for being on this message board

No convincing needed. Have loved it from the start. Same with all of my friends and most normals

Just a fun blink album that reestablished the band. Can't wait for the next

32 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Wouldn't know what new Underoath sounds like, because when I stop liking something I move on. It's a lot better than obsessively clinging to something you're no longer into.

I always give the old bands I used to like a chance.

Blink are my favourite band ever, didn't realise that you're only allowed an opinion if you blindly suck them off. 

Either way, this section of the board is completely pointless until they actually release something new so I'll catch ya on the fliiiiiiipsiiiiiiide. 

i don't think i ever grew out of pop punk music the way we describe... i don't listen to it as heavily, and some of it for sure seems very cringe (simple plan and their ilk creep me out considerably). but i still love listening to EOTS and TOYPAJ the way i did when i first heard it ten years ago, when i was 15. i think i just really appreciated when blink made steps forward in breaking out of that mold, on untitled and neighborhoods (the latter of which, for all its failures, is still a bold listen at times). in time i've come to separate cali mentally as a one-time back-to-basics comeback record, and there's parts of the "bad" songs i don't mind. SOOHM is among the catchiest music they've ever concocted and i have always had a soft spot for teenage satellites. however, i'd be lying if i said that's what i want out of this band at this point in their career... it's definitely retrograde

• Like 2

8 hours ago, boxelder said:

i don't think i ever grew out of pop punk music the way we describe... i don't listen to it as heavily, and some of it for sure seems very cringe (simple plan and their ilk creep me out considerably). but i still love listening to EOTS and TOYPAJ the way i did when i first heard it ten years ago, when i was 15. i think i just really appreciated when blink made steps forward in breaking out of that mold, on untitled and neighborhoods (the latter of which, for all its failures, is still a bold listen at times). in time i've come to separate cali mentally as a one-time back-to-basics comeback record, and there's parts of the "bad" songs i don't mind. SOOHM is among the catchiest music they've ever concocted and i have always had a soft spot for teenage satellites. however, i'd be lying if i said that's what i want out of this band at this point in their career... it's definitely retrograde

Ugh. Simple Plan and Good Charlotte. Gross. Wtf was 14-year old me thinking? Trash. I can't believe I gave them my allowance. I was just trying to find the next blink, green day or sum 41. Wasn't a huge NFG fan. Didn't care for Trio either.

Doesn’t it say a lot there hasn’t been a new poster here since before California came out. No one cares about this band anymore.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, NotNow said:

Doesn’t it say a lot there hasn’t been a new poster here since before California came out. No one cares about this band anymore.

Nuke. Dropped. 

20 hours ago, NotNow said:

Not true. Only a few months ago we had some new guy in here trying to sell his used hat collection. This place is buzzing with activity. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

9 hours ago, 2point5 said:

Not true. Only a few months ago we had some new guy in here trying to sell his used hat collection. This place is buzzing with activity. 

And a guy from Italy came over to tell us Mark blocked him on social media for critiquing blink!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Blink 182 album with Pharrell? I can't listen to the interview right now, so is he sayin' they dumped Feldy?

24 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Blink 182 album with Pharrell? I can't listen to the interview right now, so is he sayin' they dumped Feldy?

Not really, they worked with Feldy, Pharell and Futuristiks. 

They haven't even finished tracking yet. You're telling me the are gonna finish tracking, mix it, master it, do the artwork, market it, release a single and have merch all by June 8th? Oh, okay, Travis. 

• Like 1