Jump to content
 
Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Jesus, just when you think it can't get any worse than Feldmann, an indulgent producer that makes them sound too much like Goldfinger, they decide to completely sell out the band to a songwriting team that writes and produces for Selena Gomez, Bruno Mars, fucking Pitbull

To write Blink 182 songs.  Shameful.  Darkest times.

The end pal. Game over. Fucking state of it. Mark makes me fucking sick, Skiba is the epitome of ‘meh’. When’s new Angels coming out?

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

30 year olds online, getting all pissed off about the /PUNK/ credibility of blink-182 producers. Amazing entertainment

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it somehow gets me more excited than just feldy as producer. might be cause i have no idea what to expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Using Selena Gomez song writers mate? Really?

If the song is good I couldn't care less who they collaborated with. Completely irrelevant to me. I gave up my authentic hardcore punk purist tendencies in my early twenties.

You're a Justin Bieber fan ffs, you should be stoked

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ghent said:

30 year olds online, getting all pissed off about the /PUNK/ credibility of blink-182 producers. Amazing entertainment

Hahaha oh Ghent

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Punk credibility or not, blink always had some punk left in them. The way they used to make music, the way they used to play on stage, the aggression, the tempo, in a lot of cases just the fact that they were not so slick, and even if they weren't considered punk, they had something more than the other bands. Now they don't and it's undeniable. I couldn't care less about them being punk, but I care about them being themselves and not just a washed up version of blink in an attempt to stay relevant by capitalizing off the success of the younger generations in the industry.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And how do you know what "being themselves" means exactly? Their sound has changed pretty drastically multiple times. They went from barebones pop punk, to polished mainstream MTV pop punk, to even glossier pop punk, to nearly emo post hardcore-ish rock, to spacey yodel jams, and back to polished pop punk on California.

Are they not allowed to try something modern and work with new people and different influences if that's what they are feeling at this moment?

The pop punk police thing is so tired.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ghent vigorously defending blink no matter what comes up reminds me of the flat-earthers in "behind the curve" defending their thesis even if their experiments regularly prove them wrong.

Too far in to change his mind and too afraid to backpedal and admit he was wrong

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ghent said:

And how do you know what "being themselves" means exactly? Their sound has changed pretty drastically multiple times. They went from barebones pop punk, to polished mainstream MTV pop punk, to even glossier pop punk, to nearly emo post hardcore-ish rock, to spacey yodel jams, and back to polished pop punk on California.

Are they not allowed to try something modern and work with new people and different influences if that's what they are feeling at this moment?

The pop punk police thing is so tired.

The change in their music and style has always felt genuine to me, even when they were polished by MTV, and I can't feel the same way about California. It's all subjective and music is personal so who knows, but this safe route - with some helping hands from the outside - it's very strange for blink. Why can't they do anything by themselves now? They've been on the business for so long to know how to make something different without the help of all these songwriters.

If they were able to recreate at least half of their perfect mix of wild energy, sharp song composition and everything else on the new album, then I'd be super happy but now I have my doubts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Neal said:

Ghent vigorously defending blink no matter what comes up reminds me of the flat-earthers in "behind the curve" defending their thesis even if their experiments regularly prove them wrong.

Too far in to change his mind and too afraid to backpedal and admit he was wrong

Admit I'm wrong about what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Elisa said:

The change in their music and style has always felt genuine to me, even when they were polished by MTV, and I can't feel the same way about California. It's all subjective and music is personal so who knows, but this safe route - with some helping hands from the outside - it's very strange for blink. Why can't they do anything by themselves now? They've been on the business for so long to know how to make something different without the help of all these songwriters.

If they were able to recreate at least half of their perfect mix of wild energy, sharp song composition and everything else on the new album, then I'd be super happy but now I have my doubts. 

I don't see how it's a safe route. It's a big risk, just look at all the comments from aging pop punkers freaking out about it lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not blink-182 if other people are writing the songs. It's song written by others that blink just happen to perform on. Not for me. Mark, Skiba and even Tom at his AVA worst are way better songwriters than all these pop songwriters.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside songwriters make sense when you have great performers that may have a great voice/stage persona but arent incredibly good in the songwriting area.

It just doesn't make sense to me with blink, but thats just my opinion. I love catchy glossy pop songs but i don't see matts/marks forté in that. 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Admit I'm wrong about what?

That blink has lost it's identity and hires professionals to define blink for them

#fanfic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's easy to cast these outsiders as "help" as if Mark/Matt/Trav are incapable/desperate,etc. But I do really think Mark/Trav think they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by getting additional ears/hands in the process. Is it weird that Mark Hoppus (Happy 47th Birthday today) is letting 25 year old Selena Gomez dingleberry songwriters help with Blink stuff? Well YES IMO, but they seem to enjoy being pushed outside of their comfort zone a bit at this point, and it may help the song be catchier or take it's final shape. 

There's no way they walk in these studios, get handed a riff, melody, lyrics ,etc. and just sit there until it's time to track. It's still Blink IMO, they just have surrounded themselves with successful producers/people to ensure the product is as good as they can get it. 

It's gonna be pop punk on steroids and catchy as hell IMHO. If you want the +44/Alk3 indie vibe, you may get some flashes, but it's not happening. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ry-Bread said:

It's easy to cast these outsiders as "help" as if Mark/Matt/Trav are incapable/desperate,etc. But I do really think Mark/Trav think they have nothing to lose, and everything to gain by getting additional ears/hands in the process. Is it weird that Mark Hoppus (Happy 47th Birthday today) is letting 25 year old Selena Gomez dingleberry songwriters help with Blink stuff? Well YES IMO, but they seem to enjoy being pushed outside of their comfort zone a bit at this point, and it may help the song be catchier or take it's final shape. 

There's no way they walk in these studios, get handed a riff, melody, lyrics ,etc. and just sit there until it's time to track. It's still Blink IMO, they just have surrounded themselves with successful producers/people to ensure the product is as good as they can get it. 

It's gonna be pop punk on steroids and catchy as hell IMHO. If you want the +44/Alk3 indie vibe, you may get some flashes, but it's not happening. 

 

 

Its probably like that.

Who knows, i might love this new album, but i remain sceptical until i hear it.

Simple creatures is the best hoppus work since neighborhoods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Neal said:

Outside songwriters make sense when you have great performers that may have a great voice/stage persona but arent incredibly good in the songwriting area.

It just doesn't make sense to me with blink, but thats just my opinion. I love catchy glossy pop songs but i don't see matts/marks forté in that. 

 

Exactly they've always been great songwriters and bad performers, now they aren't songwriting and are just performing + a cover guitarist for old songs?  How is this blink 182 in any way?

Scam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...