Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

16 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

I want Miley Cyrus on a track or two

Justin Bieber would be a dream! Or rebecca black! 

15 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I'm pretty certain this album is going to be one big clusterfuck. 

no shit!

There is such a gigantic gulf between "wishing Blink were punk" and "wishing Blink would still write their own music and not work with songwriters who write for teen idol radio pop stars"

I like some punk music but I'm not a punk and my Blink fandom has never come with a punk-o-meter. It has nothing to do with that and everything to do with the fact that they're working with songwriters who have track records full of music that has no appeal to me. Chris Brown? Selena Gomez? Cody Simpson? Are you kidding me? They are branching WAAAAAAAAAY off from anything they've ever done in their history, way beyond even having Feldy co-write everything on the Cali albums. Who knows what it will end up sounding like, maybe they're figuring out some new magic formula, but as a Blink fan it's hard to just be nonchalant about this type of news haha

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Neal said:

That blink has lost it's identity and hires professionals to define blink for them

#fanfic

nah man, new blink is awesome

Someone could release a Rebecca Black video and change the name to blink 182 and Ghent would say it was awesome, JarJar would agree, and Ry Bread would write a 5 page essay why we should actually like it.

..followed shortly by Feeling_this saying they should continue on this trend of featuring kids.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, NJansaid said:

Someone could release a Rebecca Black video and change the name to blink 182 and Ghent would say it was awesome, JarJar would agree, and Ry Bread would write a 5 page essay why we should actually like it.

..followed shortly by Feeling_this saying they should continue on this trend of featuring kids.

Don't cut yourself on that edge boy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is super lame but if it produces a catchy single or two i can live with that. Ive accepeted the band I once loved is basically gone and if we get a good song or two then thats what we get. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Elisa said:

So now the ultimate sell out maneuver is called "an experimental approach"... interesting turn of events.

Just now, NotNow said:

It’s not blink-182. Just make a new fucking band Jesus fucking Christ. It’s not fucking hard.

But then Mark and Travis won't make $$$. Hey, at least he's not tarnishing that brilliant, sacred +44 legacy.

• Like 1

Don’t knock it til you try it. I thought Jagermeister and red bull would be disgusting. I was wrong.

1 hour ago, Smalls said:

Don’t knock it til you try it. I thought Jagermeister and red bull would be disgusting. I was wrong.

I remember being 18.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I'm reserving my opinion for the music. If it's good then great, I'll enjoy it. If it sucks then I'll join in the ridicule and mockery.

I'll give it a fair shot before judging, but the band is trending in a really poor way right now. It's like a sports team that just missed the playoffs and all their players look past their prime and all signs point towards disappointment. That's where Blink is at now. They could bust out one or two more average albums, but every year the odds look worse. Too bad they can't rebuild.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

So: 

Feldy
Andrew Watt
Captain Cuts
The Futuristics
Pharrell

Much better than:

Feldy
Feldy
Feldy
Feldy
Feldy

When they're obviously going the outside writers and producers route I think they should give Mitch Allan a call, would be really interesting. He know's the genre as well, I would actually be really interested in what he would cook up