Ry-Bread

2018 "New Album News" Thread

Never ever imagined blink today would be what it is - hired chaps writing songs for them, co-writing or whatever. I know everything changes with bands and even more so since Tom left but this, I don't know. Let's wait and see I suppose.

https://loudwire.com/blink-182-darker-more-aggressive-new-album/ 

“It’s very different to California,” he explained. “It’s a lot more aggressive. It’s darker in theme and tone. If you like California to Enema of the State then this album is more like the untitled record where we are trying to experiment more: trying to experiment more, trying different sounds, and trying to expand upon what people think Blink 182 is."

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

9 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

https://loudwire.com/blink-182-darker-more-aggressive-new-album/ 

“It’s very different to California,” he explained. “It’s a lot more aggressive. It’s darker in theme and tone. If you like California to Enema of the State then this album is more like the untitled record where we are trying to experiment more: trying to experiment more, trying different sounds, and trying to expand upon what people think Blink 182 is."

I can get behind that. That’s what I want. But pointless having darker music if it’s produced like a fucking jonas brothers track. It’s going to be too polished and will take away that darker edge. I’m more interested now though defo. Prove me wrong blink come on. 

• Like 3

Cannot wait!!! Good chance of getting a single at the end of next month... still can't believe we haven't heard hardly anything, much less title/artwork/etc. Gonna be a good summer!

• Like 2

not a chance that current blink will drop a mainstream approach and all of a sudden it's all agressive and dark. i wonder if all these pop producers do even know that untitled record exists or wyhsb or neighborhoods. all i feel for now is that they wrote bunch of sober/no future and trying to make them "dark" or whatever the fuck they call it. 

i mean mark and skiba could write together millions of moody, agressive songs, but noone from a producer side can't deliver it so it could feels natural and proper. 

• Like 1

Everything they are saying is basically exactly what people should want if you hate Cali...and yet people still complain lol.

Not rushed, not all Feldy, different than Cali, experimental, darker, crazy high expectations, only the best absolute bangers, not repeating themselves, etc. 

22 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Everything they are saying is basically exactly what people should want if you hate Cali...and yet people still complain lol.

Not rushed, not all Feldy, different than Cali, experimental, darker, crazy high expectations, only the best absolute bangers, not repeating themselves, etc. 

They should just release a 15-second snippet or at least a single now to shut everyone up and let the music speak for itself. All they’re doing is confusing their fanbase by claiming they’re recording darker/aggressive songs and working similar to Untitled but at the same time recording with five different pop producers and saying it’s not anything they ever done before.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

It’s because most of us don’t believe a word the band says. Mark has been completely wrong about new music since 2009.

Release a short clip or something to show us that these songs are darker and more experimental and then I’ll be more optimistic. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Opening the door to more pop producers/song writers, legit pop songwriting groups involvement, 'experimental mumbo jumbo' aka Los Angeles and Bottom of the Ocean garbo, 50 SONGS already churned out

Yeah only the people looking for more reassurance blink is dead want this.  

• Like 1

I would not be surprised if blink potentially releases a heavy pop-influenced single and the deep cuts are more towards the aggression they were talking about. Was thinking of Weezer’s Pacific Daydream where they dropped Feels Like Summer but the rest of the songs didn’t have as much poppy production, but still, it was pretty much a pop album. Another album that comes to mind was the new Black album where Weezer experimented on every track and I believed used different producers for each one. 

We still haven’t heard from Matt, and it seems like he’s been less involved than the California sessions. It’s even weirder because he’s not even active right now. Mark has SC and Travis has other gigs. Would like to hear what his opinion on what the record is supposed to sound like, considering he could probably be the least biased source. All I remember was him claiming Travis has blast beats in a song at an ALK3 acoustic show.

Pharell’s dope though, and even though it’s easy to rip The Futuristics (whoever those dingleberries are), they did work with Wiz, Juicy J, The Game, Future, etc. so I’m optimistic. Anything else is better than Feldy controlling the entire project IMHO.

3 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Pharell’s dope though, and even though it’s easy to rip The Futuristics (whoever those dingleberries are), they did work with Wiz, Juicy J, The Game, Future, etc. so I’m optimistic. Anything else is better than Feldy controlling the entire project IMHO.

I know you’re optimistic but that isn’t helping lmao

Just now, Regi. said:

I bet they have max martin on this. 

No that's the next step in their evolution.  Save that for California Redux Super Deluxe: The Callabassas Sessions.

At least that guy can write some hits.  These other guys seem like try hards to be Max Martin Feldy included